STILL: Worst QB play of the Pre-Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Party line response:

* it's preseason, it doesn't matter
* Smith played the same opponents as Brees and they have the same stats. Brees is awesome, so draw your own conclusions
* it' everyone's fault, but we're not willing to blame anyone in particular
* Harbaugh doesn't want to unveil his package (pun intended, ) so soon
* we had less time than other teams because of new coaching staff
* last year we were 4 - 0 and look what happened
* etc....

You are officially a troll

personal attack

Doesn't mean it isn't true.

+1
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Party line response:

* Smith played the same opponents as Brees and they have the same stats. Brees is awesome, so draw your own conclusions
* etc....

personal attack

+1
Shaj you are extremely hard to respect as a poster on this forum. Your method of responding to logical well-thought out arguments that offer a different opinion than your own is to take as many of the points a poster makes, and then re-frame them as one of many previously "meme'd" excuses that may have been made on Alex Smith's behalf in the past. It doesn't matter if they are logical arguments, it doesn't matter if they have made good points. You simply don't care and just dismiss it when it is a different opinion than your own. When you are wrong, you don't admit it, you simply stop responding to a poster, and just wait for the argument to resurface somewhere else in the forum so you can make your same, already debated points that were probably already responded to many times in the past.
Originally posted by DJD:
Can anyone say ClusterLUCK
NO get over it We have a QB in waiting,what is wrong with a lot you guys on here is: Instant Gratification, that is unrealistic...Just for giggles say that Luck is drafted by the niners 1.) will that stop the Luck Nuthugging? 2.)Luck does not do too well Now what? whose name will you guys be calling next? 3.) what if Luck has a bad year at Standford now what. just saying
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Our statistics:

One of only two teams with ZERO passing TDs.

Dead last in passer rating with an embarrassing 27.9 rating. The Bengals have a 51.5 and 5 teams are in the 60's.

Dead last in passing yards.

Number one in most picks thrown.

Between the bottom 2 and 5 in: average yards per pass, sacks allowed and completion percentage.

Pretty ugly. Blame it on the new scheme, the oline, vanilla game planning, not having our top WRs fully available, the QBs,.....whatever.

Any way you slice it, it does not bode well for the start of the season.

You talk as if those aren't valid reasons. Vanilla game planning and o-line are the two main culprits...

The vanilla part is absurd. Every team in the NFL plays "vanilla" in the preseason, not showing their full packages. We just had way less success with our "vanilla" than any other team. Regarding the oline, etc..., it doesn't matter. I'm not blaming the QBs exclusively, but as a TEAM we easily had the worst passing attack in the NFL during the preseason. It doesn't matter if we won or lost, but we looked awful most of the time. Regardless of whose fault it was, if EVERYONE doesn't improve dramatically between now and next Sunday, we are in for a world of hurt.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Our statistics:

One of only two teams with ZERO passing TDs.

Dead last in passer rating with an embarrassing 27.9 rating. The Bengals have a 51.5 and 5 teams are in the 60's.

Dead last in passing yards.

Number one in most picks thrown.

Between the bottom 2 and 5 in: average yards per pass, sacks allowed and completion percentage.

Pretty ugly. Blame it on the new scheme, the oline, vanilla game planning, not having our top WRs fully available, the QBs,.....whatever.

Any way you slice it, it does not bode well for the start of the season.

You talk as if those aren't valid reasons. Vanilla game planning and o-line are the two main culprits...

The vanilla part is absurd. Every team in the NFL plays "vanilla" in the preseason, not showing their full packages. We just had way less success with our "vanilla" than any other team. Regarding the oline, etc..., it doesn't matter. I'm not blaming the QBs exclusively, but as a TEAM we easily had the worst passing attack in the NFL during the preseason. It doesn't matter if we won or lost, but we looked awful most of the time. Regardless of whose fault it was, if EVERYONE doesn't improve dramatically between now and next Sunday, we are in for a world of hurt.
You didn't read the thread last week that said we didn't gameplan, did you?

(waits for argument dismissing that very important fact)
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Party line response:

* etc....

personal attack

+1
Shaj you are extremely hard to respect as a poster on this forum. Your method of responding to logical well-thought out arguments that offer a different opinion than your own is to take as many of the points a poster makes, and then re-frame them as one of many previously "meme'd" excuses that may have been made on Alex Smith's behalf in the past. It doesn't matter if they are logical arguments, it doesn't matter if they have made good points. You simply don't care and just dismiss it when it is a different opinion than your own. When you are wrong, you don't admit it, you simply stop responding to a poster, and just wait for the argument to resurface somewhere else in the forum so you can make your same, already debated points that were probably already responded to many times in the past.

This is so true.
Despite the bad QB play we are still going to kick the Seahawks ass
Sorry, but I'm not going to get the warm and fuzzies about Alex Smith, despite the NBC article.

If the man jumps out of the gate and suddenly becomes the brilliant QB we all hoped and prayed he would become, then I'll eat a steaming hot pile of crow droppings, but I don't see that happening.

I see Alex being just good enough to get us beat. Obviously, Harbaugh sees something that I don't. He's the coach. I'm just a know-nothing fan. Who knows? Perhaps there is something there.

But I'm not going to get my hopes up. Not like last year.
It is hard to argue with the numbers presented. However, I find some hope in the following:

-better play in the passing game last night against the Chargers' 1st D. Smith's 8/10 for 44 is not glamorous, but it is efficient and keeps the ball moving.
-despite not being able to throw the ball well, we were able to be the #3 rushing offense this preseason.

when you run 5 out of 6 times in goal line u cant throw passing TDs. if your running game was bulldozing people like last night u dont need to throw in the redzone. stop crying
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Party line response:

* etc....

personal attack

+1

This is so true.

This man is a [delicate] genius!
Party line response:

* etc....

personal attack

+1

Actually, I think Shaj is one of the better respected posters on this forum. I can understand why he dismisses you. When we point out obvious things like our QB has failed to deliver one winning season, it appears to go in one ear and right out the other. We can't understand why this doesn't resonate with you, and others like you. Trust me, you're not the only one. Boast and I so disagree on this one issue that it's just pointless to argue. We'll never see eye-to-eye. And we'll both never understand why each side doesn't see it our way. Does this make you hard to respect? No, it just means that you don't listen. But you're still a darn good poster.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Party line response:

* etc....

personal attack

+1

Actually, I think Shaj is one of the better respected posters on this forum. I can understand why he dismisses you. When we point out obvious things like our QB has failed to deliver one winning season, it appears to go in one ear and right out the other. We can't understand why this doesn't resonate with you, and others like you. Trust me, you're not the only one. Boast and I so disagree on this one issue that it's just pointless to argue. We'll never see eye-to-eye. And we'll both never understand why each side doesn't see it our way. Does this make you hard to respect? No, it just means that you don't listen. But you're still a darn good poster.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Party line response:

* etc....

personal attack

+1

i dont think i agree either, Shaj usually just says whatever hes gonna say, gets ripped to shreds and then never shows up again
Share 49ersWebzone