There are 230 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would love to see Gore trade his slimy little agent for someone decent , personally , so that a deal would become more of a reality at this point. Frank has gotten great numbers considering the OL he has played for and the Play calling that he has indured. These fans who want a trade make me laugh , this is the right coach , the right play calling , and the right system for Frank to excel in. Teams have stacked the box in the past , that isn't gonna happen much this year. IMHO You just don't come across backs with his skills & passion for the game very often. I gotta also factor in his pass protection skills are great for our QB's. Yeah ...... Give the man a good three year extension and he will earn it and it will pay dividends for this offense.

Pay the man a reasonable amount , this is a guy that I would like to see retire a 49er.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wow...you want to trade Gore right before the season starts? I bet rest of our team will be thrilled with that...and for a 3rd round pick? How many 3rd round picks have we hit on? This is ridiculous.

Unless Frank asks for a trade - he shouldn't even be shopped around.
4 years 32 million 22 million guaranteed (upfront this year when we have a lot of cap space).

Worth it.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
A THIRD? That is far too low. A first rounder, and that is it.
Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential.

Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.

1. A 1st for a 28-year old running back?

2. Most Running backs DO turn into a pumpkin at 30 -- especially the ones who run as hard as Gore does.

You can't pay a non QB 40mil with 20 guaranteed when their not worth more than a third round pick.
No freakin way we trade Frank, we have no replacement first of all, secondly, he is the best ball player on this team. So not only do I say slow your roll with that craziness, but I will also add in a " you have got to be kidding "
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We've got Hunter now. Him and Pee Wee Dixon can be our one, two punch. The most I'd give Fwankie is 3 yrs/ $18M.
That will take him to age 30. If he doesn't take it, I think we're ok with Hunter and Pee Wee.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 24, 2011 at 6:17 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I hope that we can extend his contract, but I do understand that Frank might want to get more than the team is willing to pay.

If it come to down to that I would assign no blame. I can understand Frank´s desire to get one final big contract-

Equally, I can see the team being hesitant, given his injuries and age, to give him longer than a three year deal.

I would give him a three year front loaded deal with 18-20 million guaranteed plus reachable incentives such as for 1,000 yards rushing, for 50 receptions, for playing 75% of the offensive snaps, and for making the Pro-Bowl.

If it comes down to a trade, we should be able to get a high third round pick.
Gore is better than a third, but my sense is that teams are not willing to give up that much for a running back.

Again, I really want Frank Gore to retire as a 49er.
SIGN HIM and lets get rid of ALL DISTRACTIONS ...we need to get back into the playoffs , and Frank needs to come along for the ride
  • dj43
Originally posted by BrianGO:
A THIRD? That is far too low. A first rounder, and that is it.
Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential.

Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.

No team is going to give up very much for a 28 year old running back with two surgical knees who has only played 16 games once. The only way he would leave is if some team thinks they are only a RB away from a Super Bowl run. However, as GB proved last year, when your OL is healthy, an unknown RB can do enough to get the trophy. RBs are not worth a lot on the open market. It is the easiest position in football to replace.

Gore is a great player for this team right now and deserves to get paid a good amount. However, if he wants a cap busting number, let him play out the season and see what he can get. Unless he has an injury-free, All Pro type season, he isn't going to get the cash his agent may want.
Trade him for Chris Johnson and just pay Johnson the $35 Guaranteed for 4 years. f**k it.

• dj43
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trade Frank Gore, you guys got to be kidding me. Ok wait, maybe for a 1st round pick yah, but a 3rd round pick....seriously?? Our running after Gore went down with an injury was soft. Sure Westbrook rushed for a 100 yards, but C'mon look who that was against. We're gonna regret not re-signing Frank Gore if we can't by the time the season is over. Shoot LT is 31 yrs old and still rushed for 900 yards and 6 TD's, Frank isn't even 30 yet hes still got 2-3 GOOD years left.

LT didn't have the injury history.
People this is not Madden. All the people saying we should trade Gore would be the first ones b***hing when our run game goes to s**t.
Gore and Davis are the centerpiece of our offense. Gore is not going anywhere.

P.S. Gore has third round value at this point. He is on the downside of his career, and RB's age poorly. So, nobody (except maybe the Bengals..who do stupid things every day), is going to give a high draft choice for a guy that might give you two years.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Gore and Davis are the centerpiece of our offense. Gore is not going anywhere.

but Baalke is our GM, so anything is possible right?
Share 49ersWebzone