LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hps49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

f**k THE HATERS! Crabtree will SHOW UP as soon as we get QB & O LINE functioning!

When do you think we will get that?....
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's slow and around 6'1". The great ones are 6'5" and can run like Calvin Johnson
jerry rice and T.O. seem to disagree with you...

last time i checked desean jackson is an elite wr whos 5 foot nothing
I may be mistaken but Andre Johnson the best WR in the NFL is under 6'5".

That's because there isn't an NFL WR that is 6'5" and can run like Calvin Johnson BESIDES the 6'5" Calvin Johnson and yes, Andre Johnson is the best WR in the game
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Nicely said.

In my opinion, there are two ways of looking at Crabtree. He either has hands of stone, or he's a coward when running across the middle. We're all aware of his supple hands, so that leaves the previous option available to his fans.

I'm certainly no fan of Alex Smith, but the consistency of Smith's overthrows to Crabtree suggests that he is a coward on Sunday. With Crabtree, the ball always arrives high and wide. That's a receiver problem, and a courage problem.
?

?

We went over this last year, there is no "?".
Well i dont think its soo much hate, rather then just looking at fact. Fact, he has missed almost 3 straight pre-seasons since he was drafted.

Fact, like Smith or not, he was the starting QB and he should be working on the finer details with his QB.

Fact, when throwing to him, Smith had the most INT's, and worse QB rating. s**t even Troy Smith had more INT's when throwing to Crabs.

Fact, as Bubba mentioned above, he's had the most passes that havent seemed to click when thrown too, and not too mention soo many tipped balls for Int's off of his hands.

Now this isnt fact, but more my opinion...Crabs hasnt earned the right to feel that he can miss a lot of training camp, then just show up on gameday, and expect to be great. Becoming great takes work, and loner or not, u cant call it a team sport if, yes your at meetings, but no, your not in the trenches of getting dirty and fighting to get there.

I mean honestly I wish i would of heard him say some of the things Braylon has, or stayed and worked with Smith to work on timing, and routes, and film, etc.

On this ship, it's more on Crabs, than people ragging on the issue of QB this or that. Because had Smith had the same bad percentages with Morgan, or Davis, or any of our other WR's then it would just be all on him, and Crabs would get a pass.

Bottom line, its crucial to build chemistry with your QB, whomever they may be, and until he gets that.... well lets just say i hope he learns that eventually.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Crappy has an I am better than you attitude. That turns alot of people off
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by mike:
?

+1 that makes no sense. Smith overthrows him so...that's the receivers fault?...
And he's a coward!!

Yep.. He did it! should yell at him!!!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Haha!!.... I feel about him why he got an injured when he missed the preseason games.. that is wrong idea!! and he got hold and hold that get more the moneys alot!! what the b***h!!... If he got an injured again that effect the players will copy him that fairs of anyone sometime! Crabtree is stupid fool mofo!! u know what? I don't want to hear what crabtree would be fool for injured or say the words all fool! I already realize it dude...

LOL "what the b***h?"

u know what i mean "what the b***h?" Yes. U know, he is very fool.. I dislike it very much. I have a sense common in him from my gut...
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by mike:
?

+1 that makes no sense. Smith overthrows him so...that's the receivers fault?...
And he's a coward!!

I think the argument being made is that Crabtree isn't where he is suppose to be when those balls are thrown. I have high hopes for Crabtree but it is odd that Smith really didn't have the problems with the other receivers that he did with Crabtree.
[ Edited by BHulman on Aug 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think people hate him as a player, I think his personality or lack thereof may rub some easily-irritated fans the wrong way. Having followed Crabtree since his college years, I really don't care what people say about his so-called character issues. Guy has been squeaky clean, with a -- backed up by coaches and players -- tremendous work ethic.

The media finds Crabtree as an easy target highly in part due to circumstance, and Zoners who believe everything they read take this stuff too seriously.

Crabtree is an improving player entering his third year. We should expect growth once again, and I think he'll do fine. He improved upon his rookie numbers last year, and he should improve again.

2009: 48 catches for 625 yards and 2 TDs
2010: 55 catches for 741 yards and 6 TDs

2011: ?

You're not normalizing with the number of games he played each season...his per game production drastically fell.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 20, 2011 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by BHulman:
I think the argument being made is that Crabtree isn't where he is suppose to be when those balls are thrown. I have high hopes for Crabtree but it is odd that Smith really didn't have the problems with the other receivers that he did with Crabtree.

... and there it is. People would be shocked if they actually understood all that they were watching. We see a ball in the air and get to the WR... oh no!!! the pass is helmet high!!! What are we to do?!? Well first, you don't cry about a catch-able ball, and you expect your pro receiver to stick his hands up and catch it. But back to the point, if you have ever run a receiver route before, you must know that 1 extra step or one step not taken will have remarkable results on the pass location. We see a pass that is slightly left, right, high, low, and it is SO easy to blame the QB... but guess what? If that receiver fu*ks up the route even slightly?

well, there ya go...

That's why it's important for these receivers to practice with their QBs. They need to give it all, Jerry Rice style. Crabtree has pu$$y scared eyes... just look at him and see that. He held out when he first came into the league, and he's essentially holding out every chance he gets. He has the natural talents, but until he gets his head right, he's more a liability than asset.

... and I really LIKE that we have Crabtree... loved when we drafted him... don't hate him at all... but his approach to the NFL is depressing... disappointing. I want him to be great... I want him to want to be great. Still time...

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well i dont think its soo much hate, rather then just looking at fact. Fact, he has missed almost 3 straight pre-seasons since he was drafted.

Fact, like Smith or not, he was the starting QB and he should be working on the finer details with his QB.

Fact, when throwing to him, Smith had the most INT's, and worse QB rating. s**t even Troy Smith had more INT's when throwing to Crabs.

Fact, as Bubba mentioned above, he's had the most passes that havent seemed to click when thrown too, and not too mention soo many tipped balls for Int's off of his hands.

Now this isnt fact, but more my opinion...Crabs hasnt earned the right to feel that he can miss a lot of training camp, then just show up on gameday, and expect to be great. Becoming great takes work, and loner or not, u cant call it a team sport if, yes your at meetings, but no, your not in the trenches of getting dirty and fighting to get there.

I mean honestly I wish i would of heard him say some of the things Braylon has, or stayed and worked with Smith to work on timing, and routes, and film, etc.

On this ship, it's more on Crabs, than people ragging on the issue of QB this or that. Because had Smith had the same bad percentages with Morgan, or Davis, or any of our other WR's then it would just be all on him, and Crabs would get a pass.

Bottom line, its crucial to build chemistry with your QB, whomever they may be, and until he gets that.... well lets just say i hope he learns that eventually.

Well said. Crabs constant aloofness and unwillingness to put in the work required are why I believe he doesn't want to be a Niner. We know he is passionate about football or else he wouldn't have the highlights he did in college playing with a broken foot.

He of all our receivers needs the work the most, yet when there is opportunity he finds a rea...err injury....to not participate. As for those injuries, they are the non-confirmable type. "O coach my neck is sore. It's really been hurting me", there are no tests to prove or disprove that statement as fact or fiction. "Oh coach my foot really hurts"..."Really whats wrong with it Crabs?"...."I don't know, I came down on it wrong and it just really hurts"..as he limps on the wrong side, realizes it and then limps on the correct side to suite his story.......again no test to prove that claim. If he had a strain, break, fracture fans would be more forgiving cause they wouldn't have to take the word of a guy who seemingly always has a reason to not be there come preseason.

People are going to continue to "Hate" (dumbest term on the zone imo, as it's not hate but more criticism. Nobody wants Crabtree to fail, we just want the same effort out of him as any other player on the team) long as Crabs continues to play like s**t after missing the entire preseason.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's slow and around 6'1". The great ones are 6'5" and can run like Calvin Johnson
jerry rice and T.O. seem to disagree with you...

last time i checked desean jackson is an elite wr whos 5 foot nothing
I may be mistaken but Andre Johnson the best WR in the NFL is under 6'5".

That's because there isn't an NFL WR that is 6'5" and can run like Calvin Johnson BESIDES the 6'5" Calvin Johnson and yes, Andre Johnson is the best WR in the game

andre may not be 6'5 but i think he is 6'3+
Originally posted by oldman9er:
... and there it is. People would be shocked if they actually understood all that they were watching. We see a ball in the air and get to the WR... oh no!!! the pass is helmet high!!! What are we to do?!? Well first, you don't cry about a catch-able ball, and you expect your pro receiver to stick his hands up and catch it. But back to the point, if you have ever run a receiver route before, you must know that 1 extra step or one step not taken will have remarkable results on the pass location. We see a pass that is slightly left, right, high, low, and it is SO easy to blame the QB... but guess what? If that receiver fu*ks up the route even slightly?

well, there ya go...

That's why it's important for these receivers to practice with their QBs. They need to give it all, Jerry Rice style. Crabtree has pu$$y scared eyes... just look at him and see that. He held out when he first came into the league, and he's essentially holding out every chance he gets. He has the natural talents, but until he gets his head right, he's more a liability than asset.

... and I really LIKE that we have Crabtree... loved when we drafted him... don't hate him at all... but his approach to the NFL is depressing... disappointing. I want him to be great... I want him to want to be great. Still time...

this. i blame crabtree for these issues but i don't "hate" on him for it. even the first year, could he have really practiced anyways?

Thanks for the nice wall paper.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Well said. Crabs constant aloofness and unwillingness to put in the work required are why I believe he doesn't want to be a Niner. We know he is passionate about football or else he wouldn't have the highlights he did in college playing with a broken foot.

He of all our receivers needs the work the most, yet when there is opportunity he finds a rea...err injury....to not participate. As for those injuries, they are the non-confirmable type. "O coach my neck is sore. It's really been hurting me", there are no tests to prove or disprove that statement as fact or fiction. "Oh coach my foot really hurts"..."Really whats wrong with it Crabs?"...."I don't know, I came down on it wrong and it just really hurts"..as he limps on the wrong side, realizes it and then limps on the correct side to suite his story.......again no test to prove that claim. If he had a strain, break, fracture fans would be more forgiving cause they wouldn't have to take the word of a guy who seemingly always has a reason to not be there come preseason.

People are going to continue to "Hate" (dumbest term on the zone imo, as it's not hate but more criticism. Nobody wants Crabtree to fail, we just want the same effort out of him as any other player on the team) long as Crabs continues to play like s**t after missing the entire preseason.
"People are going to continue to "Hate" (dumbest term on the zone imo, as it's not hate but more criticism. Nobody wants Crabtree to fail, we just want the same effort out of him as any other player on the team) long as Crabs continues to play like s**t after missing the entire preseason."

Oh you mean say like Josh "I can succ it" Morgan. . . .

Next to VD, Crabs is the best we got and this year we are even better with the addition of Edwards!!

Gore, VD, Crabs, BE, we have the talent NO DOUBT!!

Now if we can just get them the ball . . . .

PS. At least Crabs WANTS to win and will not hide that fact.
Share 49ersWebzone