There are 198 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe it was over a girl.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^
not to mention on sundays he seems to think he has joined a volleyball team instead of a football team

Nicely said.

In my opinion, there are two ways of looking at Crabtree. He either has hands of stone, or he's a coward when running across the middle. We're all aware of his supple hands, so that leaves the previous option available to his fans.

I'm certainly no fan of Alex Smith, but the consistency of Smith's overthrows to Crabtree suggests that he is a coward on Sunday. With Crabtree, the ball always arrives high and wide. That's a receiver problem, and a courage problem.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Nicely said.

In my opinion, there are two ways of looking at Crabtree. He either has hands of stone, or he's a coward when running across the middle. We're all aware of his supple hands, so that leaves the previous option available to his fans.

I'm certainly no fan of Alex Smith, but the consistency of Smith's overthrows to Crabtree suggests that he is a coward on Sunday. With Crabtree, the ball always arrives high and wide. That's a receiver problem, and a courage problem.
?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
?

+1 that makes no sense. Smith overthrows him so...that's the receivers fault?...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think people hate him as a player, I think his personality or lack thereof may rub some easily-irritated fans the wrong way. Having followed Crabtree since his college years, I really don't care what people say about his so-called character issues. Guy has been squeaky clean, with a -- backed up by coaches and players -- tremendous work ethic.

The media finds Crabtree as an easy target highly in part due to circumstance, and Zoners who believe everything they read take this stuff too seriously.

Crabtree is an improving player entering his third year. We should expect growth once again, and I think he'll do fine. He improved upon his rookie numbers last year, and he should improve again.

2009: 48 catches for 625 yards and 2 TDs
2010: 55 catches for 741 yards and 6 TDs

2011: ?

His coaches and teammates are saying what ANY coach or teammate says about a guy on their team, unless he is a complete a-hole and a major cancer. When the last time you heard a player cite Crabtree without being asked about him? Never. Never once is Crabtree mentioned when asked the type of question "Who has really impressed you?".

As for the comment of "Zoners believe everything they read", my opinion of Crabtree has NOTHING to do with what I read, but everything to do with what I see. When he bolts first chance he gets, my opinion will be substantiated. Crabtree does not want to be a 49er. Period.

Not true! VD mentioned him, without being asked, as one the the positives for the offense this year (and they aren't exactly buddies). Also, Morgan and A Smith mentioned him. I don't see great animosity toward him from team mates. I am frustrated with his injury prone TCs, but what can you say other than it's bad luck so far. Might it be attitude? The team doctors are good enough experts for me, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

All these opinions are based on pure speculation. People's speculative perceptions I think are a little over the top at this point. He's played roughly 1 2/3's seasons of football games. There is no real hard evidence to say Crabtree lacks drive or desire, or doesn't want to be here. Crabtree is known for having an unusual personality, and people are grasping at what little there is to form these random ideas.

As if it's a total fact he hates the 49ers and doesn't want to be here. What makes someone say that? Because he's had pre-season injuries? Because of his body language you see in a photo or something? (Yeah, people are really going this far). The guy is not very outspoken, and he's not exactly socially gifted either, so people are having to go look for anything else to try to validate these yet-to-be-substantiated claims.

Maybe they are true. Who knows.. But I agree with most of what the OP says. Sure it's been disappointing that he's been hurt before the regular season several times. Sure, attack him for his rookie/young player mistakes on the field, the drops, etc... but this off-field speculative bull should be given a rest. If he does well and doesn't want to stay a Niner when it's time for a new contract? Well, see ya later. At that point we'll truly know.
Originally posted by mike:
?

+1 that makes no sense. Smith overthrows him so...that's the receivers fault?...

yes obviously
If Alex could actually throw accurate passes Crabtree's way he'll be fine this year. The guy has talent no doubt about it.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Agreed it! ur exactly it!! Finnish at Crabtree cuz he is damn fool mofo!! he need stop fool... I know he is behind and loved the cowboys! My gut tell me cuz i know about it...

BuZz you kill me man

Haha!!.... I feel about him why he got an injured when he missed the preseason games.. that is wrong idea!! and he got hold and hold that get more the moneys alot!! what the b***h!!... If he got an injured again that effect the players will copy him that fairs of anyone sometime! Crabtree is stupid fool mofo!! u know what? I don't want to hear what crabtree would be fool for injured or say the words all fool! I already realize it dude...
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agreed it! ur exactly it!! Finnish at Crabtree cuz he is damn fool mofo!! he need stop fool... I know he is behind and loved the cowboys! My gut tell me cuz i know about it...

BuZz you kill me man

Haha!!.... I feel about him why he got an injured when he missed the preseason games.. that is wrong idea!! and he got hold and hold that get more the moneys alot!! what the b***h!!... If he got an injured again that effect the players will copy him that fairs of anyone sometime! Crabtree is stupid fool mofo!! u know what? I don't want to hear what crabtree would be fool for injured or say the words all fool! I already realize it dude...

• hps49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by valrod33:

f**k THE HATERS! Crabtree will SHOW UP as soon as we get QB & O LINE functioning!

Originally posted by hps49:
f**k THE HATERS! Crabtree will SHOW UP as soon as we get QB & O LINE functioning!

so you're saying Crabtree will never show up?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I agree with those who have said there isn't enough hard evidence to call Michael Crabtree a bust or douche or whatever else has been said. The reason people think he doesn't "want" to be a Niner is because he doesn't do long enough interviews and doesn't interact with the fans enough? Since when was that a requirement of an NFL pro? Was Isaac Bruce a human sound reel during his days in St. Louis? Hmmmm ask a Ram fan what they think of Bruce's seemingly stand-offish nature. And really, who cares...half of you don't "want" to work for the employers you work for right now. Some of the fans whom I've seen criticize Crabtree are the same ones who criticize/question the 49er Ownership. If your opinion as a fan is that the Yorks are clowns then WHY do you expect a player to smile and grin and be happy go lucky when he's working for a bunch of clowns? Makes no sense to me. Basically you want him to PRETEND to be happy that he's working for a lousy boss and that will earn some more respect? Wow.....now I kind of understand Terrell Owens perspective.

The missing training camp/contract holdout I understand where the frustration comes from. I too wasn't pleased to see him holdout but I've since gotten over it the moment I realized it was THREE YEARS AGO..........

And he got hurt last year as well you say? Okay, but that was a neck injury right? Oh and big bad Vernon Davis slapped him around because HE FELT Crabtree could have been participating? Okay when did VD become a doctor? I thought he has a diploma in Art. Speaking of doctors....since we're relying so heavily on Vernon Davis' diagnosis, why don't we apply that same ordainment to Crabtree and respect the fact the HE FELT he wasn't 100%??? Oh? What's that? Crabtree isn't a Doctor? So who is??? The TEAM doctors! That's riiiiight! The SAME ones who didn't medically clear Crabtree to practice. So now we know who's responsible for Year 2....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!! Did they leave with Sing? I hope so....damn punks how could you NOT force a player to PRACTICE with a neck injury?...smh. And keep that sword sharp since they put a walking boot on his foot this year!! By golly Crabtree needs to suck it up! We have no patience to wait on a player to develop into what we think he can be..........................just ask Alex Smith and Vernon Davis.

Haters gon hate.
[ Edited by SaksV on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM ]
Originally posted by mike:
?

And he's a coward!!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Dear Michael Crabtree: When you finally reach your potential, what will the a$$holes say? They're a$$holes....they'll find SOMETHING!
  • Silky
  • Veteran

LOL "what the b***h?"
Share 49ersWebzone