There are 195 users in the forums

Realistic Season Expectations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex will be benched, as he should.

so then lets throw in colin... he looked unbelievable against 2nd and third stringers. lmao
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
funny how u guys think. we got beat by the saints in a meaningless preseason game, game 1, the most meaningless one of the meaningless preseason games and were gonna suck this year. if we smash the raiders this week everyones gonna be talking about high hopes again. ill wait til games actually matter to get upset about something. we should know what kind of team we have by about week 4 of the regular season. chill out

Thank you.

Wait a second, even sing won preseason. Look at the film buddy! Give him some time, we lost a lot of vets and chemistry in the locker room. It can only get better.
Lets be real 3 and 14.
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Lets be real 3 and 14.

Not in this divison lol we will loss outside to other teams, more likely steal a few wins.
10-6 4-2 through first 6. 6-4 the rest of the way! Nfcwest champs!
6-10 seems optimistic right now.
I think when everyone predicted that we would be one of the hardest teams hit by the lockout and teams like Greenbay and New Orleans would be in much better shape because their coaching staffs and key vets were already in place, they were right. That game against New Orleans was a reflection of that. It was only the first pre-season game, and we may have to go through rough first year. I still like the direction we are now going.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
I think when everyone predicted that we would be one of the hardest teams hit by the lockout and teams like Greenbay and New Orleans would be in much better shape because their coaching staffs and key vets were already in place, they were right. That game against New Orleans was a reflection of that. It was only the first pre-season game, and we may have to go through rough first year. I still like the direction we are now going.

I like your style! And as a prediction, I am going 8-8.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Bit too early for this.

Agree
I see any where from 7 to 9 wins , in our weak @ss division , it all hinges on how long it takes for the offense to get it , paticularly the OL and QB. I would rather hear Josh Johnson's name over Culpepper's though.

It could also be worse too.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:21 AM ]

Originally posted by jogr49:
Without a qb, niners go no where. Maybe 2-3 wins.
With a decent vet qb, maybe 8-8 record.

so if we get 4+ wins you will be banned?
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
I still think, in the end, this team has the talent to be a playoff team.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by oregonniner:

I like your style! And as a prediction, I am going 8-8.

Thanks. I agree with 8-8. On one hand it will be rough going while our team learns the new system, but the schedule is soft.
With Alex Smith as the starting QB, we will be below 500.
Wont be more than a 3 win team if they dont fix the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone