LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Realistic Season Expectations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Good post. Harbaugh is probably shooting himself in the foot for re-signing A Smith right about now. Smith is going to make another undeserved 5 million and screw us in the first few games. Hopefully he's benched by week 1.

If the O-Line is this bad, we wi'll need Kaep's improvisational skills and not A.Smith's roll right and throw it away skills.

If i have to watch A.Smith come to the bench with his head down after fumbling or throwing a stupid pass i'll vomit.

I guess 1 Alex Smith wasnt bad enough. If we start Colin this season he will end up just like Alex.Do you really think a rookie qb coming out the pistol offense is really going to help us in a WCO? LMAO! I hate Alex but like it or not hes our best shot to win a very weak division this year. deal with it
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
In the limited time he played he took sacks and made poor throws when he did have time. He had one good completion wit Edwards. Bravo!

Try watching the last 6 seasons once in awhile.

i did i saw a qb who s coach had no gameplan or playbook dont believe me look at the veretan on the niners that said the last 2 years the 49ers didnt make in game adjustments or the rat or mole who said this was the msot unorganized and dysfunctional offense

or do you want to look at our o line believe it or not this o line we saw yesterday is the best personnel alex has had in his career scary right?

how can a qb win if a coach is unwilling to make in game adustments or if the offensive play calling is "unorganized" and "unclear"

if you really think a qb can win under those circumstances please dont call yourself a fan because you really dont know much of the game

A QB can only do so much, but when a QB gets a shot to make a throw or improv a play, we don't get that. We see an off target throw, int, or a throw away. A qB might not be able to win in those circumstances but he can show us he can make plays, is a leader, and put up good stats.

Are you some kind of a football know it all guru? Stop with the personal attacks. You can't even handle people talking about A.Smith without making it personal. Grow up.

Only a fan would be on a fan forum smartass. And I know plenty about this game. Mainly, your friend Alex Smith is not a good QB
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM ]
0 - 16 is the reasonable expectation for this team.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We have a good chance to beat the redskins and the NFC west teams. Harbaugh off to a bad bad start.
our schedule is not as tough as its been made out to be. Last seasons was tougher. We can tread water until the bye and get a lot of things figured out, a long as there are no major injuries. After the bye we have only three really tough games--Giants, Steelers, Ravens--and 5 division games in our last 7. Because of a number of factors it will take us longer to get where we want to be, but the schedule in many ways works out favorably for us.

I'm not saying we're definitely going to make an epic playoff run or anything; realistic expectations should be between 5 and 8 wins. but looking at the schedule its not hard to imagine finishing with 8 wins, even if we go into the bye at, say, 2-4.

edit: my point is that even if we get off to a bad, slow start--realistic given the context of this season--the season is not lost.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:54 AM ]

We have a good chance to beat the redskins and the NFC west teams. Harbaugh off to a bad bad start.

We don't have a chance to beat anybody with our O Line and QB's.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
In the limited time he played he took sacks and made poor throws when he did have time. He had one good completion wit Edwards. Bravo!

Try watching the last 6 seasons once in awhile.

i did i saw a qb who s coach had no gameplan or playbook dont believe me look at the veretan on the niners that said the last 2 years the 49ers didnt make in game adjustments or the rat or mole who said this was the msot unorganized and dysfunctional offense

or do you want to look at our o line believe it or not this o line we saw yesterday is the best personnel alex has had in his career scary right?

how can a qb win if a coach is unwilling to make in game adustments or if the offensive play calling is "unorganized" and "unclear"

if you really think a qb can win under those circumstances please dont call yourself a fan because you really dont know much of the game

A QB can only do so much, but when a QB gets a shot to make a throw or improv a play, we don't get that. We see an off target throw, int, or a throw away.

Are you some kind of a football know it all guru. Stop with the personal attacks. You can't even handle people talking about A.Smith without making it personal. Grow up.

Look, Harbaugh already explained to the ignorant people (not naming you) that our QBs were essentially unable to show what they can do due to other aspects of football. Is he a "guru" ? Most sure felt so months back. Is he more of a guru than you or I ? ... Yeah... I think it's safe to say.

Just try to stop using every little flaw as if it's clear evidence that your opinion is gold. Alex had 2 passes that should have been better. The rest? Asking for more is unrealistic and unfair, and I'd say the same for any other QB behind THAT pass protection.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Look, Harbaugh already explained to the ignorant people (not naming you) that our QBs were essentially unable to show what they can do due to other aspects of football. Is he a "guru" ? Most sure felt so months back. Is he more of a guru than you or I ? ... Yeah... I think it's safe to say.

Just try to stop using every little flaw as if it's clear evidence that your opinion is gold. Alex had 2 passes that should have been better. The rest? Asking for more is unrealistic and unfair, and I'd say the same for any other QB behind THAT pass protection.

"Look, Harbaugh already explained to the ignorant people (not naming you) that our QBs were essentially unable to show what they can do due to other aspects of football."

Ok? I know that.

"Is he a "guru" ? Most sure felt so months back. Is he more of a guru than you or I ? ... Yeah... I think it's safe to say."
Ok he knows more about QBs then me.

"Just try to stop using every little flaw as if it's clear evidence that your opinion is gold."

Ok. Should i use everyone elses little flaw as clear evidence that A.Smith deserves another chance? Oline, in game adjustments, bad WR, bad coordinators, bad owners, bad this and bad that bad fans
How do you want me to evaluate this dude? Based on his play or based on everyone else around him screwing him up? Thats not a good way to look at it. He looks the same as he always has, QB guru or not. BAD

Oh now i'm such a bad fan and i don't know anything about football because i don't beleive in A.Smith. This is the rebuttal of AleX smith fans.

"You don't know anything abotu football."
"Its the OL, coaches, WRs, coordinators, his age, blah blah excuse after excuse after excuse."

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM ]
My realistic expectation?

For all the "WOE IS ME, WE ARE DOOMED!" naysayers to chillax after watching 1 PRESEASON GAME! A lot already mentioned that we were ill prepared for that game and even the coach admittedly stated that he was watching for production vs. winning the game.

Seriously, folks, have a drink (whatever you fancy) and chill for few... It's a long season and we are in for growing pains.

Originally posted by kidash:

For all the "WOE IS ME, WE ARE DOOMED!" naysayers to chillax after watching 1 PRESEASON GAME! A lot already mentioned that we were ill prepared for that game and even the coach admittedly stated that he was watching for production vs. winning the game.

Seriously, folks, have a drink (whatever you fancy) and chill for few... It's a long season and we are in for growing pains.

I'll bet you $200 we wont go 0-16

Minus you, SanDiego... Certain things will never change.

Keep on hating.

haha yeah i realistically expect this thread to turn into an A.Smith thread and get locked. HAH!

I'm out
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
I'm seeing a battle between... 49ers, Redskins, Seahawks, Broncos, Raiders for Andrew Luck!!! that is my season expectations

Think about it?...
Break down...huge chance we get Luck

Pats= no
Jets= no
Dolphins= yes
Bills= maybe
Colts= no, unless a back up, but they will win too many games this year
Jags= no, just got Gabbert unless he busts
Texans= no
Titans= no, Locker
Bengals= no, Dalton
Steelers= no
Browns= no
Ravens= no, slim chance at back-up=Harbaugh in family coach
Broncos= yes, if Orton is traded
Raiders= yes
Chiefs= no
Chargers= no

Seahawks= yes
Rams= no
Cardinals= no, slim chance though
Saints= no
Falcons= no
Bucs= no
Panthers= no, Newton
Packers= no
Vikings= no, slim chance is Ponder busts
Bears= no, but I give them a slight chance with that wuss Cutler
Lions= no
Eagles= no, but don't put it past them
Redskins= big yes
Giants= no
Cowboys= no, but if Romo fails anymore they will be looking another direction
Its so pathetic how some fans can't even stand to have someone criticize their boy Alex Smith.

They call the slightest bit of criticism 'hating' or 'being ignorant'

Lmao! Alex could throw 6 INTs in a playoff game (if we ever make it there with him), have 3 of them returned for TDs, but his fans would still figure out some excuse to use.

Why is it that anytime he plays bad or makes a mistake, it is automatically blamed on another player, coach, etc? I'm not saying that everything that goes wrong with this team is because of him. That would be foolish to believe. But at the same time, how come people don't want to hold him accountable for the mistakes he makes which are in no way because of anyone other than him?
Share 49ersWebzone