LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Realistic Season Expectations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
As said by others, I'd like to go through all of preseason and maybe 3 games before I can really grasp the season outlook.

After 3 horrible series, I can definitely not make a fair assessment.

cosigned
  • fly15
  • Veteran
same old Alex, same old expectations
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex will be benched, as he should.

If that Oline keeps it up all our QB`s will be on injured reserve, If they can block and do their jobs Smith will be just fine.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex will be benched, as he should.

for whom? Kaeprnick so that he gets beat up?
NO! I'm as fed up as anyone with losing yet we have to look to the future, I'd rather suck t up this year with Alex and get Kaepernick ready for next year than ruin him and lose for another 5 years.
Originally posted by fly15:

LOL it was Smiths fault again right... what a joke...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Just gotta let the 1 trick ponyisms flow.... the mods don't seem to mind.
Originally posted by jogr49:
Without a qb, niners go no where. Maybe 2-3 wins.
With a decent vet qb, maybe 8-8 record.

lol
6-10
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Same old fly. Yawn.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Just gotta let the 1 trick ponyisms flow.... the mods don't seem to mind.

Good post. Harbaugh is probably shooting himself in the foot for re-signing A Smith right about now. Smith is going to make another undeserved 5 million and screw us in the first few games. Hopefully he's benched by week 1.

If the O-Line is this bad, we wi'll need Kaep's improvisational skills and not A.Smith's roll right and throw it away skills.

If i have to watch A.Smith come to the bench with his head down after fumbling or throwing a stupid pass i'll vomit.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Good post. Harbaugh is probably shooting himself in the foot for re-signing A Smith right about now. He's going to make another undeserved 5 million and screw us in the first 5 games. Hopfully he's i benched by week 1.

If the O-Line is bad, we'll need Kaeps improv skills and not A.Smith and his roll right and throw it away skills.

how many times did he do that yesterday despite the constant pressure

try watching a game once in a while
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
how many times did he do that yesterday despite the constant pressure

try watching a game once in a while

In the limited time he played he took sacks and made poor throws when he did have time. He had one good completion wit Edwards. Bravo!

Try watching the last 6 seasons once in awhile.

Negatives: Holds onto the ball, fumbles the ball, throws picks, rolls to his right and throws it away, late with the passes, innacurate, not a leader

Positives: Throws a nice seam route to VD, (inset excuses here)

With Smith, Kaep, and thsi O-Line, we are in for a crappy season.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
In the limited time he played he took sacks and made poor throws when he did have time. He had one good completion wit Edwards. Bravo!

Try watching the last 6 seasons once in awhile.

i did i saw a qb who s coach had no gameplan or playbook dont believe me look at the veretan on the niners that said the last 2 years the 49ers didnt make in game adjustments or the rat or mole who said this was the msot unorganized and dysfunctional offense

or do you want to look at our o line believe it or not this o line we saw yesterday is the best personnel alex has had in his career scary right?

how can a qb win if a coach is unwilling to make in game adustments or if the offensive play calling is "unorganized" and "unclear"

if you really think a qb can win under those circumstances please dont call yourself a fan because you really dont know much of the game
I'm seeing a battle between... 49ers, Redskins, Seahawks, Broncos, Raiders for Andrew Luck!!! that is my season expectations
Share 49ersWebzone