There are 225 users in the forums

Who has a better season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who has a better season?

Edwards. He's a deep threat and redzone option.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
VD
...still, i don't think either is going to have a "big year" compared to other WR's. I have a feeling the ball is going to be spread around quite a bit, and I think VD is still Alex's favorite target, and Gore is going to get quite a few touches.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
If we played on turf, Crabtree would be incredible.

Wouldn't his feet hurt all the time?
Edwards is not going to be the dominant force that people expect. He is the Ashley Lelie of 2011: big name, but not big productivity.

Fans need to think about the Jets, who I trust more in player personnel matters. Why, on the cusp of a Super Bowl, would they not fight to keep him on their roster? They fought like hell to keep Holmes, and instead of re-signing Edwards, signed a guy who has been in jail the past few years.

So, why would Edwards come here and light the world on fire? Especially after being a free agent afterthought. Are the Jets that stupid? Is the rest of the NFL that stupid? Or do we massively and unrealistically expect players to perform at dominant levels....just because they wear our uniform.

Expect 50 catches for 750 yards from Edwards, and 4 TD's. He's not a special receiver.

Davis and Gore are the big targets this year.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Edwards is not going to be the dominant force that people expect. He is the Ashley Lelie of 2011: big name, but not big productivity.

Fans need to think about the Jets, who I trust more in player personnel matters. Why, on the cusp of a Super Bowl, would they not fight to keep him on their roster? They fought like hell to keep Holmes, and instead of re-signing Edwards, signed a guy who has been in jail the past few years.

So, why would Edwards come here and light the world on fire? Especially after being a free agent afterthought. Are the Jets that stupid? Is the rest of the NFL that stupid? Or do we massively and unrealistically expect players to perform at dominant levels....just because they wear our uniform.

Expect 50 catches for 750 yards from Edwards, and 4 TD's. He's not a special receiver.

who said that Edwards was going to be dominant?

If he put up those numbers you listed, that would be fantastic. Those are incredibly generous numbers.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

If he put up those numbers you listed, that would be fantastic. Those are incredibly generous numbers.
Originally posted by cypherninja:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
If we played on turf, Crabtree would be incredible.

Wouldn't his feet hurt all the time?

After watching that Rams game (I think) last season, I saw the difference it made. It was unreal. He was lightning fast on cuts, moves, and YAC.

But on grass he is just clunkier and slower (to a degree).

If he was in Dallas like he wants to be so badly, he would be an animal. Guaranteed.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Add the entire package of yards, catches and TD's.

I think a better question would be. Who has a better season the TEs or WRs?

There have been a fair amount of fans that are already calling him the number one receiver If this is true, then we stink), and expect big numbers. A few think he is on the road to 1000 yards and 8+ TD's. It is simply not a realistic number for this player, at this time, on this team.

750 yards for a starter would put him at 42nd in the NFL last year, and 50 receptions tied for 66th in the NFL. Certainly not numbers to celebrate as a person who is going to move this offense to another level, as most suggest.

There have been a fair amount of fans that are already calling him the number one receiver If this is true, then we stink), and expect big numbers. A few think he is on the road to 1000 yards and 8+ TD's. It is simply not a realistic number for this player, at this time, on this team.

750 yards for a starter would put him at 42nd in the NFL last year, and 50 receptions tied for 66th in the NFL. Certainly not numbers to celebrate as a person who is going to move this offense to another level, as most suggest.

Is your suggestion based on...
a) Edwards production or lack thereof?
or
b) Harbaugh's offense not placing heavy emphasis on WR?

maybe so, but not in this thread. Edwards certainly has the talent--if not the history or the probability--to be a #1 receiver. And given Crabtree's injury and a general sense of indecision/confusion about whether or not he's going to pan out, I don't think its unreasonable to think that Edwards could grab that role for us. whether its likely or not is a different discussion.

50/750/4 would be great numbers for a new player who might face suspension, who will not be the #1 receiver, on an offense that will heavily feature a stud TE and RB, with a new OC, HC, and a, um, controversial QB. Not saying those numbers are unrealistic, just saying that they are optimistic, which is strange, because the tone of your post wasn't optimistic. Which makes me wonder why you chose those numbers.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Add the entire package of yards, catches and TD's.

I think a better question would be. Who has a better season the TEs or WRs?

TEs imo
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Crabtree 900 yards
Edwards 800 yards
Davis 800 yards
Morgan 400 yards
Gore 400 yards

Alex Smith 3700 yards

Done!

Alex smith 3700 yards

At least your being optimistic
me.