LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
blow em out the water...... destroy kolb
So we'd be favored by 9.5 if it were at home, and I think the Cardinals' home field advantage is greater than ours. So it's not a terribly ridiculous point-line. I think that lines moves to 4.
This game is more important that the Steeler game because we currently have the tiebreaker with the Saints due to our conference record. So we can lose to Steelers and win our 3 division games a secure the 2nd seed.

Although beating the steelers on national tv would be great!
I wonder if Fitz regrets endorsing ARZ to pursue Kolb. Eagles easily the winners in that FAIL trade.

BTW, Niners will win...can't run on us, pass rush will pressure Kolb, our secondary won't give up the long ball easily. The best part? We get to destroy them a second time in front of their fans now.
We will bring Kolb and the rest of the Cards back to reality soon
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Trap game!!!!!!!!

Lol

I just wanted to be first to say it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
The spread is right. the niners were favored by 9 in san francisco. Take away 3 for home field advantage and another 3 for playing at arizona gives the niners a 3 point line. Also, kolb is back.

Good post Jose, I was just thinking that. We've already played these guys once, so our 9ers should already know what to expect, pretty much the only difference is, Kolb will move around a lot more than Skelton, something we've also faced in Mike Vick. This will be a much closer game than people think, we just gotta continue to stop the run and lock down on Fitzgerald.

Home field in the NFL is not worth six points. It's usually about 3.5, give or take 0.5. It might get up to six if you have a team that for whatever reason is terrible on the road (2005 49ers come to mind). But especially with our recent road record and performances against AZ, home field is not six points in this game. Neither is AZ a difficult place to play. There were probably more Cowboys fans than Cards in the house yesterday. Sounded like it on TV anyways.

The line is low.
it will be at least 4.5 by game time. If I were in Vegas, I would put cash down before it moves.
Go Niners go!
We gonna Monkeystomp them

• okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't know what it is about the last three years that lets Cardinals fans think they have a chance.
well Vegas thought the Cowboys were 4 point favorites after being blasted by the 49ers.. None the less it will be a tough game and i think we pull it out 28-17
I saw a little bit of the Cards & Cowboys game yesterday. The Cards are a better team with Kolb. It won't be as bad for them this time around. But Kolb tend to try to do too much getting the ball into tight windows. Trying to justified his FA cost I guess. There could be a few opportunities for picks by our guys. Cowboys' secondary are on the bad side.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
Home field in the NFL is not worth six points. It's usually about 3.5, give or take 0.5. It might get up to six if you have a team that for whatever reason is terrible on the road (2005 49ers come to mind). But especially with our recent road record and performances against AZ, home field is not six points in this game. Neither is AZ a difficult place to play. There were probably more Cowboys fans than Cards in the house yesterday. Sounded like it on TV anyways.

The line is low.

My understanding was that home-field is default +3 in comparison to a road game, not to neutral ground. So if the game was in SF the line would be +6.5.

On that note, some teams get an extra home field boost, like Seattle and New Orleans. I would give Seattle +10 at home vs the road.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
My understanding was that home-field is default +3 in comparison to a road game, not to neutral ground. So if the game was in SF the line would be +6.5.

On that note, some teams get an extra home field boost, like Seattle and New Orleans. I would give Seattle +10 at home vs the road.

Yep, you're right, around 3-3.5 is typical.

When Vegas puts SF@ARI at SF -3.5, they are essentially saying that on a neutral site these teams are roughly even. Which I don't understand. Again, the line is low.

(The line has moved to SF -4 in some books already. Still heavy action on the niners. Not for me, however: you tempt the wrath of every sports god in the world when you bet on your own team's game.)
Share 49ersWebzone