LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by crabman82:
are we gonna blitz them this game?

i dont think we need to

we have to start working on some exotic stuff soon, probably get a warm up this week and use a lot of stuff against pitt
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Kolb looked good last week, their defense played inspired.

Yup

My vibe for this game is that it's going to be a tight, rugged, hard hitting battle. Arizona is feeling it after beating Dallas (albeit on a fluke) and they're playing better defense. My initial take is that if they can hold Dallas down to under 20 they can hold us down to 20. I know we have an edge in practically every match-up, but the Cards are effectively in playoff mode already so we'd better be on our game.

I'd love to see a complete four quarter dominant performance with red zone efficiency from the offense. If we see that obviously it won't be close. This game should also be great practice going against Ray Horton's 3-4 the week before we play Pittsburgh.

Dallas hasn't exactly been lighting the scoreboard up in their last three games.
I hope for another chippy game but instead we demolish 30-6
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Without Willis Wells is going to have a huge rushing day. Rushes for over 100 yards and the first TD against us. Sad to say it but I think we lose as well. We're going to come in thinking we're high and mighty now that we're in the playoffs and come out flat. I predicted we would come out flat against the Rams and we did in the first half. Luckily Harbaugh made some good adjustments.
Originally posted by backontop:
Without Willis Wells is going to have a huge rushing day. Rushes for over 100 yards and the first TD against us. Sad to say it but I think we lose as well. We're going to come in thinking we're high and mighty now that we're in the playoffs and come out flat. I predicted we would come out flat against the Rams and we did in the first half. Luckily Harbaugh made some good adjustments.

beanie wells > steven jackson

Willis a very important piece but not the be all and end all. I think we have depth at Mike and players have shown to step up. True that the cards are gonna send heavy traffic early to test out the new Mike. Grant showed that when called upon and entered the game cool that he was ready to step up and showed he could hold his own. Grant knows hes the starting Mike while Willis is out so next time we see him on the field he'll be more prepared then he was against the Rams.

Its 'plug and play' for our LBs I feel. I dont want Willis to come back early, if the dude hasnt fully recovered and pulls it again, he might be out for longer and at wrong end of the season.
I predicted we would come out flat against the Rams and we did in the first half. Luckily Harbaugh made some good adjustments.

We came out flat in the first half? Our first two drives we ran 14 plays picked up 4 first downs and got 3 points. The next drive gained another 2 first downs and went 7 plays. We did not go three and out until the end of the 4th quarter when CK came in to play. I think we struggled in the redzone but I do not agree that we out flat.

Nice negativity.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Nice negativity.

Larry Grant says hi.

They stack the box to stop Gore, Alex carves 'em up through the air. We'll be finely tuning our passing attack from now till the playoffs. Defense plays as good as ever. Wells thinks "todays the day" but Grant plays out of his mind again, filling in nicely for Willis, we shut down their run game no problem. Kolb says "I got this"... but "All-Done" and Justin Smith wreak havoc in the back field all day making Kolb wish that he was still hurt and riding the bench. They sneak it into the redzone, we shut 'em down. Maybe...just maybe...Fitz sneaks past Dashon for a score. Krazy Kyle steps it up once again and get a score, Ol' Stone Hands Davis miraculously hangs onto the ball this time for another score, Alex goes bootleg just like Steve frickin Young did back in the day for another score...Harbawesome creates more plays we've never seen before...we own the Cards...as always.
27-13 Niners.
I wanna see some passes to Sopoaga and Staley in this upcoming game. Line up in a run formation and PA to one of them for a 15+ yard gain. This will be a little closer than a few games ago, but we should and will beat this team. We've beaten much better teams on the road, we're familiar playing against the Cards and Kolb will NOT get going in the passing game after we stop the ground game again. C'mon, let's see another Wells' fumble from a hit by Goldson or Bowman. Akers will give us a few FGs for added insurance.

Niners win 23-10.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM ]

I disagree, Grant is good man our defense wont falter
A couple things I would like to see from this game, and the rest of the regular season. One is an even split of carries between Gore and Hunter. Gore stays fresh and Hunter can develop more. Second, we have 4 games to develop some depth. One big thing from the packers last year is that they did a lot with their depth as many of their starters were injured. Now with their starters back this season, they are pretty stacked (If only they had a running game). Third, we can work a bit more on our passing game.

Wells won't even get past our front 3 relax dude.
Share 49ersWebzone