LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by taney71:
I think Williams should be the 2nd WR against the Cards. Keep resting Braylon and then see how things are for the Steelers game.

Man it's exciting to see the potential of what Kyle Williams can become with the more opportunities he gets. I think the coaches as well as Alex know exactly what he brings to the offense.

I won't be surprised if we see more on display this Sunday especially on artificial turf.

I WILL be surprised if Williams isn't used more against the Cards. I will be pissed if Williams doesn't get a bunch more touches. I think the kid deserves it.

Oh, VD better step it up. No more big drops. I am sick of it. Last week a TD drop. The week before it was a big third down play. He should be Smith's go to receiver.
I think Williams should be the 2nd WR against the Cards. Keep resting Braylon and then see how things are for the Steelers game.

Man it's exciting to see the potential of what Kyle Williams can become with the more opportunities he gets. I think the coaches as well as Alex know exactly what he brings to the offense.

I won't be surprised if we see more on display this Sunday especially on artificial turf.

I WILL be surprised if Williams isn't used more against the Cards. I will be pissed if Williams doesn't get a bunch more touches. I think the kid deserves it.

Oh, VD better step it up. No more big drops. I am sick of it. Last week a TD drop. The week before it was a big third down play. He should be Smith's go to receiver.

I'm almost convinced that VD isn't the type to catch the deep passes, I think they should design more short/intermediate routes for VD, and leave the deeper routes for the actual WRs.

Kyle Williams on the other hand has displayed amazing hands!!
are we gonna blitz them this game?
I'm almost convinced that VD isn't the type to catch the deep passes, I think they should design more short/intermediate routes for VD, and leave the deeper routes for the actual WRs.

Kyle Williams on the other hand has displayed amazing hands!!

He was great with the middle passes from Alex Smith the year before. I wish they could connect like that again.
Reading the AZ forums, it sounds like their number one priority is getting Beanie Wells going.

They did acknowledge that our run D is 1st in the league, but said with Willis gone, it won't be as good.

They also mentioned that Peterson may see some time on offense (like a reverse or something).
Play balanced offense, use some of the plays we used against the Rams. Get the Cardinals on double moves.

Can't see Arizona scoring more than 17. Sticking to my prediction.

49ers 30
Cardinals 10
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Reading the AZ forums, it sounds like their number one priority is getting Beanie Wells going.

They did acknowledge that our run D is 1st in the league, but said with Willis gone, it won't be as good.

They also mentioned that Peterson may see some time on offense (like a reverse or something).

might as well try him on offense because his ass sucks covering and i expect crabtree to own him all game once again
AZ won't score more than a TD against us. And that will be in garbage time.
Kolb looked good last week, their defense played inspired.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Yup

My vibe for this game is that it's going to be a tight, rugged, hard hitting battle. Arizona is feeling it after beating Dallas (albeit on a fluke) and they're playing better defense. My initial take is that if they can hold Dallas down to under 20 they can hold us down to 20. I know we have an edge in practically every match-up, but the Cards are effectively in playoff mode already so we'd better be on our game.

I'd love to see a complete four quarter dominant performance with red zone efficiency from the offense. If we see that obviously it won't be close. This game should also be great practice going against Ray Horton's 3-4 the week before we play Pittsburgh.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM ]

oooooooo i'm sooooo scared
Originally posted by crabman82:

Why blitz when we get pressure with front 4.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yup

My vibe for this game is that it's going to be a tight, rugged, hard hitting battle. Arizona is feeling it after beating Dallas (albeit on a fluke) and they're playing better defense. My initial take is that if they can hold Dallas down to under 20 they can hold us down to 20. I know we have an edge in practically every match-up, but the Cards are effectively in playoff mode already so we'd better be on our game.

I'd love to see a complete four quarter dominant performance with red zone efficiency from the offense. If we see that obviously it won't be close. This game should also be great practice going against Ray Horton's 3-4 the week before we play Pittsburgh.

just like they were feeling it when they went to philly and made a come back and yet we still owned their ass
If we play the team that showed up 3 weeks ago, this will be another laugher.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

i dont think we need to
Share 49ersWebzone