Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 8to80:
To be honest, I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense. Jim and Greg somehow decided that our O-line was like the Colts's, and that Alex was like Rodgers or Brady.

I disagree. Frank Gore was doing nothing and this is the Ravens run defense we're talking about here. We just got outplayed. I don't think it matters what they could have done.

You missed my point. 50/50 not because Gore/Hunter would break long runs for TDs. 50/50 for balanced attack so their defense couldn't play purely vs pass. We beat the Bengals who have a better run-defense, and in that game we were much closer to 50/50. BTW, in that game, we only rushed for 50 yards.

Then you should have made your original point clearer with the views that you just mentioned.
I didn't think I had to make it any clearer. I mean, it's pretty much football 101.

Yes, your one sentence point with no complementary elaboration is football 101.
LOL. I said "I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense". I'm sorry, but if you need "complementary elaboration" on that statement, then perhaps you need to read what NFL football is. I honesty don't think anyone misunderstood me except you. No offense, I'm just telling it how I see it.

You should re-read the entire exchange.
You're the one who was confused, so I should re-read the exchange?

Offtopic, but are you the only person in Australia who watches NFL? I didn't even know they broadcasted it there.
For you Niner fans ripping Alex Smith tonight, I would question your sanity.

Per Peter King
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No, blocking, conservative play-calling on offense and defense. I know I'm late, but just had to get those thoughts off my chest.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
For you Niner fans ripping Alex Smith tonight, I would question your sanity.

Per Peter King

But but he doesn't know anything about football!
Damn, Ravens fans calling Willis overrated on their boards. Saying Leach blew him and Bowman up all night and that he "skull dragged" Willis more than once. I only remember one play where Willis hit Leach near the sideline and Leach got pushed out of bounds. But definitely didnt see Willis getting "blown up".

They are saying its an insult to Ray that Willis is conisdered the heir.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Damn, Ravens fans calling Willis overrated on their boards. Saying Leach blew him and Bowman up all night and that he "skull dragged" Willis more than once. I only remember one play where Willis hit Leach near the sideline and Leach got pushed out of bounds. But definitely didnt see Willis getting "blown up".

I saw a post by one of their fans saying that Bowman is just as good as Willis and that the two are the best Lbs in the league.

He went on to point out that Bowman would be a free agent after the year and that the Ravens should do everything they can to sign him. Finished it by saying that if they had Willis and Bowman, they'd allow 10 points per game.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

I saw a post by one of their fans saying that Bowman is just as good as Willis and that the two are the best Lbs in the league.

He went on to point out that Bowman would be a free agent after the year and that the Ravens should do everything they can to sign him. Finished it by saying that if they had Willis and Bowman, they'd allow 10 points per game.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/43088-patrick-willis-last-night/
The loss still hurts a day later. Honestly, it just makes me want to beat Pittsburgh even more a couple of weeks from now. I'm glad we have St Louis for a get well game next week.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The loss still hurts a day later. Honestly, it just makes me want to beat Pittsburgh even more a couple of weeks from now. I'm glad we have St Louis for a get well game next week.

+1
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Chop blocks can carry a $7,500 fine under the NFL's player-safety guidelines. 49ers penalty vs. Ravens was not fined

Is this the NFL basically saying that shouldnt have been called?

Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Chop blocks can carry a $7,500 fine under the NFL's player-safety guidelines. 49ers penalty vs. Ravens was not fined

I think so...It's the iffiest chop block I've ever seen. By the words of the rule, maybe. But he definitely was not really engaged in being blocked with Chilo when gore took him out.

terrible call.

Anyone know what uniform violations that Ginn, Edwards, and Williams were fined for? (Here's something for you crabtree haters, he's not involved in whatever this was, lol)
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

I think so...It's the iffiest chop block I've ever seen. By the words of the rule, maybe. But he definitely was not really engaged in being blocked with Chilo when gore took him out.

terrible call.

Anyone know what uniform violations that Ginn, Edwards, and Williams were fined for? (Here's something for you crabtree haters, he's not involved in whatever this was, lol)

Should have fined Chilo for grabbing Pollard's a$$ . .
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Leach did blow him up.
Gore's chop unpunished: Coach Jim Harbaugh was right when he used the word "unlucky" to describe the chop-block penalty against Frank Gore during the San Francisco 49ers' 16-6 defeat at Baltimore. This was the first time Gore had been penalized for a chop block. The league did not fine him. That was the right call. Gore blocked low before guard Chilo Rachal made contact with the defender's upper body. This penalty flag was thrown unnecessarily. The absence of a fine supports that line of thinking. The penalty wiped out a 75-yard touchdown reception that would have changed how the game unfolded, at least to some degree.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/53196/reading-between-lines-on-nfl-fines

A big middle finger to the officials on that night, one. big. fat one!!
[ Edited by ace49ers on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone