LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
what do you expect, Eli can barely count to potato.

He looks like a 12 year old. Maybe the problem was they didn't game plan for Justin Smith.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Justin Smith, dude NEEDS MORE LOVE...
I couldnt find Tuck on the tackle list . . . . . lol
Tom Couglin:" They came out and ran the ball six times in the first half, that was a surprise"
"on the lat egame touchdown over the middle, have to look waht exactly happen, to easy"

in normal words: We got outcoached and outsmarted.
second one: gotta look at the film
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Seems like a lot of fans around the league don't like Harbaugh...

Was reading some stuff on the Giants board and one guy said he thinks that Harbaugh is 'a young guy looking for a reputation'

Another dude said he is a 'piece of s**t' and can't 'stand his persona'

Guess the 49ers winning ways really does offend some.

what did he do to earn that perception

aside from the handshake and the whats your deal

he hasnt really done anything or say anything controversial

People tend to hate on those who are successful. Everyone is guilty of it at one time or another. Everyone.

Good point. Also, I think other teams fans feel anxious because Harbaugh and his staff:

-Made an incredible, stunning turnaround with their team

-During a lockout season, where everyone predicted especially the rookie coaching staffs would struggle

-With most of the same players as last years team

-While letting some former starters go (mostly on defense), who have not really caught fire on other teams, so they made the correct assumptions

-Spending little in free agency, mostly signing bargain-type players and hitting on essentially all of them, some spectacularly (Carlos Rogers)

-Drafting well, getting good contributions from a lot of their picks early on and even finding some gems late (like fullback Bruce Miller)

-Having a creative mind, especially on offensive playcalling, with the odd formations and some interesting play-calling

-Resurrecting some players careers, most notably Alex Smith, a guy most people (including a lot of us) had already written off. I would add Carlos Rogers and, at least at the beginning of the season, Frank Gore to those players too. We hoped we could find a cheap replacement corner in Rogers after dumping Clements. After his Redskins career nobody really thought of Rogers as having Pro Bowl potential, but right now, plays so well we can realistically have this conversation. Gore had been so dinged up the last few years and had his expiring contract and when we did a new deal this offseason and he started slowly, we all feared he might be done. But he was rejuvenated the last few games and although he was hurt against the Giants, he is having a terrific season so far.

-Showing steady improvement and rising up the occasion. They beat weaker teams like the Browns and Redskins while not playing that well and now in the bright national media lights against the Giants stepped it up.

-All while seemingly having fun at it.

Now look at some other teams which are struggling, including our entire division, but also other teams with rookie coaches. If I were in that fan base, I would be pissed as well if I would look at the Niners and see what they could do and wonder why my team was unable to do so. Especially, while they could not have had all of our great players like Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon, Frank etc., I think those other fans think their front office could have had Harbaugh and his staff, because after all, the Niners did not have to overpay him (for example, I think Pete Carroll makes more than Harbaugh) and he listened to other offers, like the one from Miami. I think that adds a lot of frustration which I think those fans then project on Harbaugh.
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

-Spending little in free agency, mostly signing bargain-type players and hitting on essentially all of them, some spectacularly (Carlos Rogers)

Part of the reason why we spent so little was because no one wanted to come to the 9ers. And they had good reasons. Some were because players didnt associate with any of the staff here, the state the team was in and so on. who evers coming off contract and hitting the free market will certainly have the 49ers on their list of possible teams to go to this time.
Look at the Eagles they nameswise have the best CBs, and yet no one of that guys wants to cover Fitzgerald?

A great job by the front office and the coaching staff .
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We should be 9-0.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

Part of the reason why we spent so little was because no one wanted to come to the 9ers. And they had good reasons. Some were because players didnt associate with any of the staff here, the state the team was in and so on. who evers coming off contract and hitting the free market will certainly have the 49ers on their list of possible teams to go to this time.

Good point. I think that must drive fans from other teams even more nuts, though. Before the season, the Niners were a team that was not a "sexy" place to attract free agents the way Philly did this offseason or Washington used to do. In that, the Niners were similar to teams like say, the Browns or the Jaguars. So most of the guys that went to us were guys that really did not attract much attention anywhere (I think the only guy I can think of that had another offer was Donte Whitner and that was from the Bengals, which also was not exactly a free-agent magnet). That might have been the prime reason Asomugha rejected us. But I think he now wishes he would have chosen differently. Heck, even staying pat in Oakland would have given him more wins and a better playoff chance right now

But even though the Niners had the same lack of marquee free-agent signings as other teams, we did well with the guys we got and to add insult to injury for other fans, the guys we let go did not break through on other teams. Manny Lawson and Clements play good, but relatively quiet seasons in Cincinnati, Bass does alright, but we just beat his new team and from what I gathered Franklin is kind lost in New Orleans right now (Remember the Saints boasting that Patrick Willis would "cry into his cereal" after they signed Franklin? Not really? Thought so ). Meanwhile, Redskins fans are pulling their hairs out because Carlos Rogers plays like a man possessed with us and suddenly developed sticky hands

The familiarity point is a good one as well. Interestingly, although a lot of the coaches had been college coaches before this season, quite a few of them have NFL ties, like both of our offensive and defensive coordinators. But although someone like Vic Fangio had been in Baltimore two years ago, he did not really try to bring someone with him the way for example Mike Nolan used to do. I think the only NFL free agent we signed because of coaching familiarity was Blake Costanzo, our special-teams ace because he played for Seely in Cleveland. And that one was another bargain-type signing that worked out well.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Tom Couglin:" They came out and ran the ball six times in the first half, that was a surprise"
"on the lat egame touchdown over the middle, have to look waht exactly happen, to easy"

Got owned. Don't want to admit.

''' ''
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:17 AM ]
Anyone notice the 2 or 3 timeouts called once J. Smith swatted the ball and Niners were kneeling down to run down the clock? WTF was that about...seemed like Coughlin didn't wanna shake Harbaugh's hand right away.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Anyone notice the 2 or 3 timeouts called once J. Smith swatted the ball and Niners were kneeling down to run down the clock? WTF was that about...seemed like Coughlin didn't wanna shake Harbaugh's hand right away.

He had to work on his grip. Harbaugh has a mean handshake.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

Got owned. Don't want to admit.

to paraphrase the late, great, Singletary: "Gotta go check the film"
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
BALLARD COULDN'T GET OFF THE LOS

WAHT IVE BEEN SAYING ..... DONT LET THEM RUN FREE OFF THE LOS

Originally posted by NinerGM:
BALLARD COULDN'T GET OFF THE LOS

WAHT IVE BEEN SAYING ..... DONT LET THEM RUN FREE OFF THE LOS
It was a good thing that Willis did and smith knocked down the pass because from this highlight Cruz had brown beat. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8241700c/49ers-defense-4th-down-failed
Share 49ersWebzone