LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the play calling was putrid in the second half. JH prides himself on including everyone in the game plan and Gore ends up carrying for 31 times? I am glad I did not pay money to see this game in person. I would have felt robbed. I am glad we won and am not into style points. Franks a great runner, but come on - Kendall Hunter three carries? Should have gone out and mowed the lawn in the second half, would not have missed anything. With so many people crowding the line of scrimmage, the passing game was an obvious option. The Brown's are really not that good and we let them hang around for 30 minutes.
are we 6-1 with a stupid overtime loss?
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story
Haha, we threw passes to our LT and NT. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
As many have said, the second half execution looked suspect. The players didnt look like they were running full speed or would go diving for a ball or push out that extra muscle to finish off a run. We looked flat. Also Cleveland plays pretty good in the trenches similar to us. Even though they werent hitting Alex, he didnt get too comfortable in the 2nd half.
7-1
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Passes to Snyder and Soap would say the answer to that question is no.

Agreed,
We just played awful the entire 2nd half in general, I was quite upset with the 9ers today.
Was soooo sweet to see the Pats Fall, Baltimore almost fall, and then the Saints Fall.
I think those games made my day compared to the 9ers performance.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I can say we can't play like this against Baltimore. AZ was up, then Baltimore came back, and the AZ offense couldn't do anything. If it wasn't for their special teams and some plays on defense, they would have gotten blown out.

I don't think we were predictable, but we needed to execute better. There weren't many passes to TE's today. Walker was non-existent, couple of good blocks though.
A little too much to Gore at the goal line from Harbaugh. You must go to Gore but not 4 straight time. Would have been great to fake it Gore at the end. I know Gore got us there but we shouldn't force it especially at the goal line. A bit of a emotional call from Harbaugh. He and every Niners' fan wanted Gore to score. But must step back a bit.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Yeah whilst I would love to score on every play the fact is it wont happen. I don't even mind them not scoring on every play if they can run the clock down. I'm sure what we saw in the 2nd half is maybe just a little rust. It happens.

Thing is you don't want the players to get soft. That's true. But us the fans....we can appreciate a 6-1 record. So we should have a coke and a smile and shut the hell up

Originally posted by davidboutte:
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

Have to give him credit though, he looks much better then he has the past few years.
He actually started out extremely well today, What was it 7/8 for 80 yds?...Just flatlined the rest of the game.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
So predictable...I totally knew those were coming. Gives upcoming opponents a little something extra to worry about.

I literally laughed out loud for both of those first downs.
Yes, our playcalling is bland when we have to throw the ball to our Linemans....really?....we have Vernon, Delanie and company.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

Have you never seen the WCO before? Short passes under 10 yards are the bread and butter of it.
Share 49ersWebzone