Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Trap Game?

Nope

Harbaugh did lose one last year with Stanford. CLE isn't a terrible team...they just haven't figured it out yet, similar to us a couple of years ago. They could be 0.500 when we play them.

There is no way Colt Mccoy will beat a well rested, extra prepared, 49ers defense in Candlestick. I just don't see it happening.

They've lost to TEN, CIN, and OAK...3 solid teams. They nearly came back AT OAK. CLE is the type of team that knows they probably won't win, but they may have a chance if they keep it basic and not turn the ball over. These types of teams are hard to pull away from.
If they kept it "basic" they will get shutout against arguably the best defense in the NFL. It's hard to argue a Cleveland upset unless the 49ers just brain fart on all phases for an entire game....I don't see that happening with Harbaugh.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
I am obviously very excited about this season so far. I catch my self looking at the schedule and hoping for 12-4.

However, the Broncos 6-0 start keeps creeping into my head. At this point, I just want to see some offensive consistency before I get too crazy.

for every "Broncos 6-0" start, there are more great starts that have resulted in playoff births. you need to stop thinking negatively and think realistically
Just stay focus and win a game you are supposed to win the way you are supposed to win it. Also it occurs to me that Braylon may force himself on the field for this one. There really should be no need for that. If he ain't 100% healthy he should sit out. If he isn't 100% in tune with the game plan then we just focus on getting himi in mismatches but don't gameplan around him.

If we are a truly good team we should close this out by the 3rd 1/4 adn get Kaep some work.
[ Edited by VA49er on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I am obviously very excited about this season so far. I catch my self looking at the schedule and hoping for 12-4.

However, the Broncos 6-0 start keeps creeping into my head. At this point, I just want to see some offensive consistency before I get too crazy.

for every "Broncos 6-0" start, there are more great starts that have resulted in playoff births. you need to stop thinking negatively and think realistically

Yeah, wasn't that the 1st time in history a team started 6-0 and ended up missing the playoffs?
So ready for gameday!
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for BimmerKing.
Who wants to bet 49ers wont lose this sunday

Yeah, wasn't that the 1st time in history a team started 6-0 and ended up missing the playoffs?

There is also no team like the Chargers chasing them.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Who wants to bet 49ers wont lose this sunday

If the rest of the division gets swept we could win without even playing . . .
Don't the Browns always try weird plays in the game, as in half-back passes and fake punts and such?

I remember they beat the Patriots because they went very exotic and had NE scrambling to stop them but Cleveland was a step ahead with mis direction plays.

I don't think we get burned but I hope we check that film, because they can't beat us sticking to the basics
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
49ers are 2nd in the league, only behind Baltimore, in points allowed per game. With the 49ers playing at home against a young and talented, but still developing Browns team, it should be a big win for us.

49ers 34
Browns 16

I don't think Hillis will be able to run on us, and McCoy just doesn't have enough top-notch developed receiving weapons yet. This is what I want to see:

- Above all, a win.
- Alex throws for 200+ and at least 2 TDs, no picks.
- Edwards and Crabtree each get TDs and 75+ yards.
- If Alex throws three TDs, I want Vernon to get that 3rd one.
- Gore has a solid day.
- Defense creates turnovers.

We are 2nd in the league with one more game played than Baltimore, we could end up #1 depending on how much they give up next game.

Originally posted by BHulman:

There is also no team like the Chargers chasing them.

They didn't have Fangio's defense nor our running game, and they were not in the NFC west.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They didn't have Fangio's defense nor our running game, and they were not in the NFC west.

they didnt they have.. Nolan's defense?
we really should dominate this game, but we're going to have to learn to play with a target on our backs. I trust Harbaugh & Co. to have this team ready but you never know. Can't take anyone lightly.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

they didnt they have.. Nolan's defense?

Oh yeah.... Oh hell yeah. Denver Broncos Defensive Coordinator 2009 -- Mike Nolan.
im going to this game, tickets arrived this morning
Share 49ersWebzone