There are 232 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was a safety blitz. Morgan was the open man. Smith read it beautifully. Touchdown.
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Said it before but I think he seen Owen Schmitt open and wanted to throw it back to him so he could get the TD. I doubt he was throwing it away to save the extra few yards. When he went to throw it he was getting pulled down and the ball went awry.

Actually it looks more like he wanted to throw it back to Vick.

yea he was really trying to throw it to schmitt

Either one but Vick was open too and if he gets it he is probably off to the races with everyone on the pile with Brown. Probably would have been a TD and he would have been the hero but still you just don't do it much in the NFL. Like I mentioned you only do it on planned plays like kick returns or the last play of the game on hook and ladders. Defensive players do it but they are careless with the ball. It can lead to TDs but it's also a good way to give the ball right back after getting a turnover.

It's not backyard football or a video game....
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 2, 2011 at 10:25 PM ]
I didn't call it, as i thot our coach was inferior to theirs and i also thot their qb was a bucketload better than our Qb. I did say if JH called quick slants and outs, got the D out of the box 8 we would then free up frank for runs and 5 to 7 steppers for completions. I just figured andy reid had a huge experience advantage on us, as did vic. Vic got a total combined of 550 yds, but alex got a team win with a very impressive team total of 450 yds. He also went 9 for 9 in 3rd qtr for 193 yds, and we ultimately scored 21 unanswered points. I don't think anybody forecast that. I had us losing by 10... 3 for home field advantage , and 7 for coaching advantage and Qb advantage. Glad i was wrong, and couldn't be more pleasantly surprised.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I quite seriously want to hear someone in an interview ask him about this. One of the most perplexing decisions I have ever seen in football, especially for a veteran.

LMAO. Same here. I've seen some dumb things happen on a football field, but that might be the worst.

the best part was how adamant he was afterward that it was an incomplete pass.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I disagree.

The improve OLine play got us back in the game.

Horrible OLINE = No passing, No running, fumbles and interceptions.

An OK OLine = Giving a chance for the QB, RB and WR to make plays.

Lets hope that the OLine play would be better for 4 quarters next week.

I defiantly agree, but it's more the significance of the slant being a turning point in the game. Especially now that we run a WCO. When's the last time we've seen a reciever catch it in open field, and take it to the house on a slant? Sheer YAC.

Maybe I'm just reminiscing, I dunno. As above poster stated we were the staple of the slant. Just seemed like a perfect play after all that we've been through. A little assurance.
This moment made me giggle. Let the smart a** remarks begin. http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d822bf86a/Is-Brown-trying-to-pass

My favorite comment from the announcers.... "uhhh I'm not sure this is in the Eagles playbook"
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
It was a safety blitz. Morgan was the open man. Smith read it beautifully. Touchdown.

I thought one of the knocks on Smith is that he has trouble reading defenses...well that's what the NFL Network guys said last week.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
There is already a thread on this
the toss to Hunter on the scramble was the turning point, IMO.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I thought we were gonna get crushed. Then when we got the 1 pt lead, I was sure they were gonna easily drive down the field and their rookie kicker was gonna make up for the missed FG's. Which in all likelihood would've happened if it weren't for Justin Smith!

Yeah I just realized this. 'preciate the merger. Either way this moment was worth 20 threads. Glorious.
didn't lose lol
Omg people really need to get a clue. The Bills do it all the time, they throw their quicker qb in on certain 3rd down plays depending on distance. I saw a ton of people asking this ridiculous question.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Oct 2, 2011 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the toss to Hunter on the scramble was the turning point, IMO.

I thought had Hunter ran to the right, he'd have a TD.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Eagles problem is their run defense. Period. They are turrible at stopping the run. That's what they get for having an OL coach as their DC.
Share 49ersWebzone