LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't want to wait a whole damn week!
176 yards for Gore, 86 for Hunter, 41 for Dixon

Smith has 213 yards passing.

Niners win 42-13.

Seahawks offense is crap, their first teamers have scored 1 offensive TD all preseason, and after watching them play the broncos for the "dress rehersal", we are going to return the favor they paid us last year to start out the season.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Not going to get too excited. Never know with these Niners. Still predicting a win though.

24-20 - Niners

Smith - 15/26 189 yards - 1 TD 1 INT
Gore - 113 yards - 1 TD
Dixon/Hunter/Omon (one of those guys) - 35 yards - 1 TD

It will be an efficient game. We'll move the ball and get the job done. Nothing sexy or exciting. But hey...wins a win.

Don't forget, they don't have their safety blanket that has torched us in the past. No TE Carlson (out for year). I don't know, I absolutely don't see Traveris moving that offense to more than 1 TD.

They have Zach Miller.
Not going to get too excited. Never know with these Niners. Still predicting a win though.

24-20 - Niners

Smith - 15/26 189 yards - 1 TD 1 INT
Gore - 113 yards - 1 TD
Dixon/Hunter/Omon (one of those guys) - 35 yards - 1 TD

It will be an efficient game. We'll move the ball and get the job done. Nothing sexy or exciting. But hey...wins a win.

Don't forget, they don't have their safety blanket that has torched us in the past. No TE Carlson (out for year). I don't know, I absolutely don't see Traveris moving that offense to more than 1 TD.

They have Zach Miller.

He was Raider. He doesn't know how to win.
LOL I love you guys but honestly...35-10? 42-13? Aren't you being a little too optimistic?

I'd love to believe we could do that to a team but I just don't see that happening. Please tell me why any of you believe we're going to blow SEA out?
Its time to let the dogs out

LOL I love you guys but honestly...35-10? 42-13? Aren't you being a little too optimistic?

I'd love to believe we could do that to a team but I just don't see that happening. Please tell me why any of you believe we're going to blow SEA out?

49ers win 28 - 13. Harbaugh doesn't step off the gas pedal.

We're playing at home. 49ers have trouble in Seattle, but generally we destroy the Seahawks when we play in San Francisco, Lambda. I doubt they stop Gore and an improved offense overall.
Fu** those Failed Niner Seachickens.......

no, he definitely does not, and will not play this keep it close crap. if he can run up the score you better believe he will. thats the reputation he has built anyways.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM ]

However, I do agree it's possible Smith won't have over 200 yards passing unless Seattle is able to score on us. Once we establish that they can't stop the running game, we probably won't be doing TOO much passing -- although, some play action could KILL the Seahawks in that case.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Its time to let the dogs out

yeah. heres what Harbaugh's pregame speech will look like

Seahawk Stew for my Niner Nation on September 11th! God Bless America!! Go NINERS!!!

2010, Sun, Dec 12 Week 14 Seattle @ Niners.. Win 40-21.

They had a better QB & TE back then (Carlson is a better all around TE than Miller). We have better coaching this year, Frank Gore is back, Hunter is the most explosive #2 we've had in a long time and Braylon.

Is it optomistic, yes. Is it possible, definitly based off the most recent game against them.
Originally posted by 5280High:
2010, Sun, Dec 12 Week 14 Seattle @ Niners.. Win 40-21.

They had a better QB & TE back then (Carlson is a better all around TE than Miller). We have better coaching this year, Frank Gore is back, Hunter is the most explosive #2 we've had in a long time and Braylon.

Is it optomistic, yes. Is it possible, definitly based off the most recent game against them.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We're playing at home. 49ers have trouble in Seattle, but generally we destroy the Seahawks when we play in San Francisco, Lambda. I doubt they stop Gore and an improved offense overall.

Alright, alright. Well...here hoping that your predictions are good.

I'll be honest...I haven't seen Tavaris play this pre-season. How has he looked? Our secondary isn't the best...should we be worried?

I agree we have pwned SEA at the 'stick so that's good. Smith generally plays well against them at home. Is there defense doing anything different (better)?

I guess I'm just too traumatized from the "17-pts-is-an-offensive-explosion-stop-it-now" crew of years past.
Share 49ersWebzone