LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Understand that it was a preseason, just wanted to see people play, work on some things, not to tip plans, etc. But, if the offense has no plan at all, then they don't get many plays and they can't get a look at offensive players.

JH's plan for this game was flawed and hopefully he won't do it again. Maybe he was just surprised at how awful the OL would play and expected that even the vanilla plays would work at least a little!
Withner bad aquisition (Baalke)
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by aman49:
...that Harbaugh did not gameplan for this game. They watched about 15 minutes of film. They didn't make a battle plan. They intentionally went into the game vanilla.

Moral of the story is... don't overreact about what happened on the field.

(this was said during a postgame interview on the 49ers radio network)

Your a vet. You know better than to say stuff like this on the zone. Most of the people on this board live to overreact!

on the contrary, I think there is a general trend towards underreaction. perennially poor performance is routinely swept under the carpet and chalked up to a myriad of external factors (aka, excuses).
We are playing Vanilla because everyone is scouting the crap out of us to keep us from going to the super bowl again.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

wha?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
On another note, I think Kilgore will be the starting center in two years, and the starting RG next year, if not sooner.

I don't know what Staley's problem is, but pretty soon if he continues this nonsense the lineup will be:

Boone - Iupati - Goodwin - Snyder - Davis
Staley - Kilgore - Wragge - Rachal

Next year.. the hope is..

Boone - Iupati - Goodwin - Kilgore - Davis
Staley - Rook/Fa - Kilgore - Snyder - Person

Kilgore has the disposition to be my kind of lineman. He is feisty and gets angry when the QB is sacked. I would like to see more of that. Staley looks like he is trying to help Iupati too much and that is understandable. Iupati has not been good in pass protection. On the other hand, if this had been a meaningful game, Smith could have run around either end for a first down on many plays. That's not the plan yet as the coaches need to see who can learn to block...quickly!

I think the line will jell midseason as it did last year.

That could be a possibility. Still, one thing's for sure.. I'd rather have ANYONE but Snyder playing center. Goodwin, Wragge, Kilgore -- I don't care -- just get someone in there that can hold up and not get pushed five yards back. Snyder even in the Raider game was not doing all that great in pass protection.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

wha?
He's just sore cause his boy Mays is a complete fail.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

wha?

Mays looks like he has a future in Cincy. The way Anthony Davis is playing so does he lol
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

wha?

Mays looks like he has a future in Cincy. The way Anthony Davis is playing so does he lol
Haha...good one Jimmy
Some general observations:

1. We played vanilla ball last night and will continue to play vanilla ball until the season starts. Schaub carved us up because we gave him the same look all game long. Our defense will not look like that against Seattle. Short and simple: I'm not worried.

2. Alex Smith still can't hit the broad side of a barn while under pressure.

3. Kaep. isn't ready and looks lost -- almost like a deer in headlights.

4. Finally, and this was the most laughable of things: I just loved hearing about the reports of "extra security" and "no crowd control problems." Of course there weren't any crowd control problems! Do you know what's required for a "crowd control problem?" Hmm, it just might be the key term of "crowd." Candlemistake Park was EMPTY last night. It was so EMPTY that it was downright EMBARASSING. Yet, not one mention was made of the lack of butts in seats during the TV or radio broadcasts from what I could hear and see. The only time TV did a crowd shot was coming back after break, and boy you could really see those thousands upon thousands of empty seats.

5. Based upon what I saw last night, the Niners will be blacked out during one, two or maybe even three home games this season.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Some general observations:

1. We played vanilla ball last night and will continue to play vanilla ball until the season starts. Schaub carved us up because we gave him the same look all game long. Our defense will not look like that against Seattle. Short and simple: I'm not worried.

2. Alex Smith still can't hit the broad side of a barn while under pressure.

3. Kaep. isn't ready and looks lost -- almost like a deer in headlights.

4. Finally, and this was the most laughable of things: I just loved hearing about the reports of "extra security" and "no crowd control problems." Of course there weren't any crowd control problems! Do you know what's required for a "crowd control problem?" Hmm, it just might be the key term of "crowd." Candlemistake Park was EMPTY last night. It was so EMPTY that it was downright EMBARASSING. Yet, not one mention was made of the lack of butts in seats during the TV or radio broadcasts from what I could hear and see. The only time TV did a crowd shot was coming back after break, and boy you could really see those thousands upon thousands of empty seats.

5. Based upon what I saw last night, the Niners will be blacked out during one, two or maybe even three home games this season.

Smith was under pressure during the raiders game and hit his targets Bill. You would be more accurate if you had said Smith can't hit the broad side of a barn while he is being sacked/hit.
Just finished rewatching the game. Ok I'm lying I could take it until halftime. Either way the entire offensive line looked like crap. Everyone made mistakes. Staley, Davis Iupati and Goodwin.

Antonio Smith was destroying us by himself.
[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Aug 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Well yea I wouldnt start blazing up with a kid right in front of me and go ahaed and give him a shotgun, and some 2nd hand fun....of course not...would eating it in a brownie or a cookie also be deemed a bad habit?....or is it the smoke that catagorizes it a "bad habit"?

Smoking is just bad for you. Brownies are good, but personally the sour kush I have tastes better smoked. I guess everyone has a bad abit or two, but personally I see marijuana as one of the least damaging or dangerous of the vices.Only hypocrisy keeps it illegal while any person can go get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car. Enjoy the game and be safe brothers, sisters and little ones.

Couldnt agree with you any better.......
Share 49ersWebzone