There are 162 users in the forums

Biggest competior in NFC west with recent FA aquisitions

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest competior in NFC west with recent FA aquisitions

Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

Franchise QB with a new o-coord and system to learn. And in my opinion, McDaniels is largely unproven now that he's not working with Bill B. anymore.

I wouldn't discount McDaniels. There is no question he is a horrible, HORRIBLE, head coach. But living in denver and watching the broncos, he is a legit OC.

Consider this... he idiotically got rid of Brandon Marshall, Cutler, the starting TE and Peyton Hillis. With Brandon Lloyd and Kyle Orton he was able to make the Broncos the #1 passing offense in the league for the first 10 weeks of 2010 with no running game to speak of (2.5 yards per carry), averaging over 300 passing yards a game with a QB rating of 96. After the loss to the Rams, players gave up, his head coaching ego turned off both the team and fans, Tebow chants were a routine basis every week and Orton broke his hand yet still tried to play two more games before giving way to Tebow.

McDaniels has no place in any type of personnel or head coaching decision, but the guy is a very good OC.
For me...it was down to the Rams or the Cards. I think the Cards are the biggest competitor

If Kolb is a decent QB...they will win games.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by ace8016:
Why is everybody on the ESPN band wagon? Bradford was not that good last year from what I seen. Dont get why everybody thinks he is some kind of savior there.

come again??? Bradford was great last year as a rookie QB(with no wide outs)...Bradford is the type of QB that can be a savior...Hate the fact that he's in out division....

I just dont see it. I truly wasnt impressed!!!!
Originally posted by Overkill:
Rams

I refuse to call the 9ers competitive until they prove it on the field. We've had the talent to be competitive for years now and it hasn't happened. I love the Harbaugh hiring, but this team needs to perform before I give them back their respect.

Lol this guy is funny!! What are u even doing on here, they go out and perform everyday!! Lol in fact they're out, performing, working their ass off in camp right now!! Figure it out bob....
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by kidash:
Don't underestimate the Cards. Minus the QB position, which they improved upon by signing Kolb (compared to last year), they still have quality players at skill positions. That and the fact that they have good coaching makes 'em a darkhorse in this weak conference.

They are my pick. I think the division finishes as such :

1-Cards
2-Rams
3-Seahawks
4-49ers

I know haters are gonna hate me for that but whatever. I have an opinion and I am entitled to it.

Replace the 49ers and the Hawks and you might be right.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

But they only have a franchise qb until either Willis or Smith put him down for the count.

I approve of this message

Rams will be our toughest competition. Seahawks took a step back, Cards improved, only because their QB situation was so bad last year. Kolb doesn't scare me. He doesn't have Reid anymore, and he has less starts than Bradford.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Don't underestimate the Cards. Minus the QB position, which they improved upon by signing Kolb (compared to last year), they still have quality players at skill positions. That and the fact that they have good coaching makes 'em a darkhorse in this weak conference.

They are my pick. I think the division finishes as such :

1-Cards
2-Rams
3-Seahawks
4-49ers

I know haters are gonna hate me for that but whatever. I have an opinion and I am entitled to it.

Replace the 49ers and the Hawks and you might be right.

I have a feeling Seattle will be better than WZ'ers are thinking. But will still finish with a 7-9/8-8 record.
Originally posted by NINERNATIONS49S:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Rams

I refuse to call the 9ers competitive until they prove it on the field. We've had the talent to be competitive for years now and it hasn't happened. I love the Harbaugh hiring, but this team needs to perform before I give them back their respect.

Lol this guy is funny!! What are u even doing on here, they go out and perform everyday!! Lol in fact they're out, performing, working their ass off in camp right now!! Figure it out bob....

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

But they only have a franchise qb until either Willis or Smith put him down for the count.

Rams will be our toughest competition. Seahawks took a step back, Cards improved, only because their QB situation was so bad last year. Kolb doesn't scare me. He doesn't have Reid anymore, and he has less starts than Bradford.

Kolb has done nothing in the NFL as of yet, he is another guy that gets hype for unknown reasons.
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

Kolb has done nothing in the NFL as of yet, he is another guy that gets hype for unknown reasons.

Because he is a QB who was considered a worthy starter by a proven QB guru and is going to a team with one of the elite offensive playmakers in the entire NFL

[ Edited by RichmondPete on Aug 4, 2011 at 10:21:36 ]

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Why is everybody on the ESPN band wagon? Bradford was not that good last year from what I seen. Dont get why everybody thinks he is some kind of savior there.

come again??? Bradford was great last year as a rookie QB(with no wide outs)...Bradford is the type of QB that can be a savior...Hate the fact that he's in out division....

I just dont see it. I truly wasnt impressed!!!!

Winning the offensive rookie of the year dosen't impress....
The teams are extremely even, and mediocre (rebuilding together). New good coaches, some very good improvement in FA & draft so I see it as anyone can take it and injuries will probably be the deciding factor.

My Picks:

SF: because I alway hope for the best with this group and both O and D should be better.
Ari: they added a QB who can at least get some points on the board.
StL: Played above their heads last year and will settle back this year--and I will never like the rams.
Sea: They could take a jump but Tavaris at QB? How did that happen? But maybe that coach knows more than I do (like it's possible he doesn't?).

This is more wish than analysis, but this time of year why not!? Incidently, Bradford is the only projected QB of the group who started all games last year. Smith is second with 12 and it's down hill from there.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 4, 2011 at 10:26:44 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The teams are extremely even, and mediocre (rebuilding together). New good coaches, some very good improvement in FA & draft so I see it as anyone can take it and injuries will probably be the deciding factor.

My Picks:

SF: because I alway hope for the best with this group and both O and D should be better.
Ari: they added a QB who can at least get some points on the board.
StL: Played above their heads last year and will settle back this year--and I will never like the rams.
Sea: They could take a jump but Tavaris at QB? How did that happen? But maybe that coach knows more than I do (like it's possible he doesn't?).

This is more wish than analysis, but this time of year why not!? Incidently, Bradford is the only projected QB of the group who started all games last year. Smith is second with 12 and it's down hill from there.

While Tavaris clearly has a leg up in the Seahhawks QB competition due to familiarity with Darrell Bevell's offense, it's not a sure thing he beats out Whitehurst.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

Because he is a QB who was considered a worthy starter by a proven QB guru and is going to a team with one of the elite offensive playmakers in the entire NFL

If he is so good, why did they get rid of him? I think AZ got exactly what his stats say he is...
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

If he is so good, why did they get rid of him? I think AZ got exactly what his stats say he is...

Because Michael Vick is better and they got nice trade value out of him. It would have been a waste for him to sit on the bench in philly. I am not saying I think he is going to be great but people in the know seem to think he will be.
Share 49ersWebzone