LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Biggest competior in NFC west with recent FA aquisitions

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest competior in NFC west with recent FA aquisitions

I think teams in the NFC west are going to be competitors this year, a lot of solid FA pickups and the teams are building quite nicely, i think the seahawks getting rid of Hasselbeck was a huge mistake and they will be the bottom of the list.. but as far as the rest, the rams 49ers and cardinals are quite even, but the rams i think will be our biggest competitor, Kolb is uproven and overrated i think, but we will see where that goes... go 9ers
They scurred !
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

maybe for the future but the sophmore slump should reveal itself this year.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

maybe for the future but the sophmore slump should reveal itself this year.

kind of like Matt Ryan? i could see that happening, but they did add some WR depth, something they were hurting in
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

Franchise QB with a new o-coord and system to learn. And in my opinion, McDaniels is largely unproven now that he's not working with Bill B. anymore.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

Franchise QB with a new o-coord and system to learn. And in my opinion, McDaniels is largely unproven now that he's not working with Bill B. anymore.

Kyle Orton with Ron Turner as OC in 2008 :

272 completions
465 attempts
58.5 compl. percentage
2,972 yards
18 td's
12 int's
79.6 passer rating

with McDaniels in Denver

2009 :

336 completions
541 attempts
62.1 compl. percentage
3,802 yards
21 td's
12 int's
86.8 passer rating

2010 :

293 completions
498 attempts
58.8 compl. percentage
3,653 yards
20 int's
9 int's
87.5 passer rating

I wouldn't say that is largely unproven.
I just picked the seahawks, but forgot they don't have a QB... Probably the Rams
Rams

Franchise QB = Favorites

But they only have a franchise qb until either Willis or Smith put him down for the count.
Don't underestimate the Cards. Minus the QB position, which they improved upon by signing Kolb (compared to last year), they still have quality players at skill positions. That and the fact that they have good coaching makes 'em a darkhorse in this weak conference.

Why is everybody on the ESPN band wagon? Bradford was not that good last year from what I seen. Dont get why everybody thinks he is some kind of savior there.
Rams

I refuse to call the 9ers competitive until they prove it on the field. We've had the talent to be competitive for years now and it hasn't happened. I love the Harbaugh hiring, but this team needs to perform before I give them back their respect.
Originally posted by ace8016:
Why is everybody on the ESPN band wagon? Bradford was not that good last year from what I seen. Dont get why everybody thinks he is some kind of savior there.

I live in Memphis, most of our televised .cc games are rams games, and so far, I am not impressed with Bradford.
Originally posted by ace8016:

come again??? Bradford was great last year as a rookie QB(with no wide outs)...Bradford is the type of QB that can be a savior...Hate the fact that he's in our division....

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Aug 4, 2011 at 09:49:39 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:
Don't underestimate the Cards. Minus the QB position, which they improved upon by signing Kolb (compared to last year), they still have quality players at skill positions. That and the fact that they have good coaching makes 'em a darkhorse in this weak conference.

They are my pick. I think the division finishes as such :

1-Cards
2-Rams
3-Seahawks
4-49ers

I know haters are gonna hate me for that but whatever. I have an opinion and I am entitled to it.
Share 49ersWebzone