LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Niners Sign C Goodwin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Woot!
http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Five-Questions-with-Jonathan-Goodwin/cc089281-c9f5-4023-b9b3-7723d52ecb7d

Quote:

Q: After playing for the New Orleans Saints for the past five seasons, what really drew you to joining a new team?
A: The coaching staff made me feel wanted and that was big in the decision. It was a tough decision for me; I came close to the guys on the o-line down there. But I really felt like they wanted me here and just the talent on the team and the whole coaching staff is what drew me here.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Jonathan Goodwin is wearing #66!

RIP Eric Heitmann.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

RIP Eric Heitmann.

our new replacements are taking our old players numbers lol
Originally posted by Hitman49:
He made the Pro Bowl in '10...why was he let go???

apparently his skills are diminishing. Ive heard Saints fans were glad he left. making a pro bowl isnt really an accurate judge of ability. he may still be good, certainly better than David Baas, but i dont think we just signed a top tier C or anything.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
mattbarrows: Center J Goodwin likes vibe in SF. "The way everybody's working -- the work ethic. It really does remind me of the 1st year I got to N.O."

That is good to hear!
Originally posted by YungAce:

RIP Eric Heitmann.

Strip the old name-tags off, slap on the new ones.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by YungAce:

RIP Eric Heitmann.

Strip the old name-tags off, slap on the new ones.

Recession, times are hard these days, also wanna blame it on gas prices.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Who is Eric Heitmann?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Great signing. Can't stress how important it is to have a pro-bowler, superbowl winning, veteran Center. I feel very good about the line now.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Great signing. Can't stress how important it is to have a pro-bowler, superbowl winning, veteran Center. I feel very good about the line now.

Center Jonathan Goodwin likes San Francisco 49ers' upbeat approach

"Talking to defensive players on the practice field, they say it's night and day from what it has been in the past as far as motions and different formations we run. I like the diversity we're doing with our play calls." - 49ers OT Joe Staley
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

"Talking to defensive players on the practice field, they say it's night and day from what it has been in the past as far as motions and different formations we run. I like the diversity we're doing with our play calls." - 49ers OT Joe Staley

Music to my ears

i'm freaking pumped
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

i'm freaking pumped

Well, you do realize Jimmy Raye only had five plays in his playbook.

Of all the FA that we have signed, I hope Goodwin gives us 1 or 2 years of good play (uh inadvertent pun) The thought of having Synder at center, not cutting it.
Share 49ersWebzone