LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

I am not joking. I just about threw my computer against the wall.

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The broadcasters are very skeptical.

Sometimes being a little delusional is a good thing, even if it's tongue in cheek like I think that comment was. Usually people who are uber successful at the things they do have an over-inflated sense of importance of themselves.

When Jerry Rice said in his rookie training camp he was going to be the greatest WR of all time, we'd have probably laughed at him. Now who's laughing?

what do you want him to say "we tried to make a splash in FA but we couldn't get who we wanted, our team isn't very threatening." I would rather have him say what he said.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Since we have absolutely owned the division and have won it for 8 straight years they are living in absolute fear. I am sure Rams defensive coaches are living in fear when thinking about game planning for Alex Smith. Cardinals coaches are sweating over the Larry Fitzgerald-Carlos Rogers matchup. Idiot.

I'm just going to post since your name is also Amir.
We pretty much have owned the division the past couple of years, so he's right.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

The overreaction and hyperbole is amazing.

Not at all. It is a usual thing here.

how can the appropriate reaction be an overreaction???

In 2003 if someone said we would not make the playoffs again the rest of the decade....was that an overreaction?

Exactly...what's the appropriate reaction to cockamamie comments like that? Despite anything he does (getting Harbaugh), he continues to come off like this incompetent tool.

People that don't like the comment and saying it was dumb, seems like a reasonable reaction. It's a matter of opinion, so calling it dumb is certainly a valid opinion.

Saying, the 49ers will never win again with this guy as owner, seems like an over-reaction. So I guess we're going 0-16 this year and the next, and the next...

We won't go 0-16 repeatedly. But we'll probably never see the playoffs again with this clown at the helm.
Originally posted by Amir:
Since we have absolutely owned the division and have won it for 8 straight years they are living in absolute fear. I am sure Rams defensive coaches are living in fear when thinking about game planning for Alex Smith. Cardinals coaches are sweating over the Larry Fitzgerald-Carlos Rogers matchup. Idiot.

There is only room for one!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight to the death !!!
didnt wanna open a new thread......mattbarrows Niners intend to combine first two road trips -- Cincy and Philly -- into one. They'll stay in the Yorks' home town of Youngstown.

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You told me. I guess I will just pack up and head on out.
Originally posted by susweel:

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight to the death !!!

Cage match in PL.

As long as Jed doesn't go against any of Harbaugh's decisions(ala Al Davis), then I don't care what he says in public.

His job was to get us the head coach we wanted, and he succeeded in that.

If he can get us a good new stadium, shared or otherwise, then thats another bonus.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You told me. I guess I will just pack up and head on out.

• dmax
  • Veteran
That mofo said other teams are "scared of us"...He is an uttter buffon, a clown, please god sell the team. I've never been so angry
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

The overreaction and hyperbole is amazing.

Not at all. It is a usual thing here.

how can the appropriate reaction be an overreaction???

In 2003 if someone said we would not make the playoffs again the rest of the decade....was that an overreaction?

Exactly...what's the appropriate reaction to cockamamie comments like that? Despite anything he does (getting Harbaugh), he continues to come off like this incompetent tool.

People that don't like the comment and saying it was dumb, seems like a reasonable reaction. It's a matter of opinion, so calling it dumb is certainly a valid opinion.

Saying, the 49ers will never win again with this guy as owner, seems like an over-reaction. So I guess we're going 0-16 this year and the next, and the next...

We won't go 0-16 repeatedly. But we'll probably never see the playoffs again with this clown at the helm.

Then there's no point in the team even showing up on Sunday, I guess.
Originally posted by stunder49:
he said we are going to win the nfc west

Again?
Share 49ersWebzone