LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried trading for Lloyd but he told the Broncos he didnt want to come here

Good, Lloyd sucked when he was here, sucked when he was in Denver, and will suck while he's in St. Louis. He makes 1 or 2 absolutely spectacular catches, and drops all the easy ones...

I wish I could find the one of him alligator arming it in the endzone too but, I was unable to find that one.
Originally posted by stunder49:
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?

I love what Baalke has done in the draft for the most part and the off season, but he is not perfect. His first weakness is listening to coaches who have tantrums one was the Mays gate with Singletary and the other was the jumping up and down on the table of our WR coach Morton cause he wanted Ronald Johnson.

Which leads to how did we miss on Doug Baldwin? He was undrafted, he actually falls in the same stat cat as Ronald did, although slightly smaller, but why did JH not like him or recommend him to Baalke since they are familiar with one another. He knows the offense. Baldwin killed us in the first game and it was no fluke since then. Then again maybe it was blessing cause Seattle would be worse and in the running for Luck (although technically they still are).

Which leads to another question does anyone think Stanfords current receivers Chris Owusu and Griff Whalen are worth a late round look see. Whalen is starting to remind me of the Pats small goto white guy -haha (no offense to you haole guys out there) .
Nobody said the guy was perfect. Heck, even Bill Walsh whiffed on his share of picks, including some high profile first rounders. Baalke is sure to miss on a few as is Harbaugh. The hope is that they hit more winners than losers. But, expect losers. Even from the good guys.
watch yo mouf!
Originally posted by WildBill:
I love what Baalke has done in the draft for the most part and the off season, but he is not perfect. His first weakness is listening to coaches who have tantrums one was the Mays gate with Singletary and the other was the jumping up and down on the table of our WR coach Morton cause he wanted Ronald Johnson.

Which leads to how did we miss on Doug Baldwin? He was undrafted, he actually falls in the same stat cat as Ronald did, although slightly smaller, but why did JH not like him or recommend him to Baalke since they are familiar with one another. He knows the offense. Baldwin killed us in the first game and it was no fluke since then. Then again maybe it was blessing cause Seattle would be worse and in the running for Luck (although technically they still are).

Which leads to another question does anyone think Stanfords current receivers Chris Owusu and Griff Whalen are worth a late round look see. Whalen is starting to remind me of the Pats small goto white guy -haha (no offense to you haole guys out there) .

Baldwin's big play against us was more terrible tackling angles and completely overrunning the play in embarrassing fashion by Reggie Smith. All Baldwin had to do was run to the endzone untouched because of that. He looks like a solid developmental rookie, but really we wouldn't have had much room for him here.

And the other Whalen (Ryan) hasn't done anything.

Working now!

Well if he went undrafted then I am pretty sure Baalke wasn't the only GM who "missed" on him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Baldwin's big play against us was more terrible tackling angles and completely overrunning the play in embarrassing fashion by Reggie Smith. All Baldwin had to do was run to the endzone untouched because of that. He looks like a solid developmental rookie, but really we wouldn't have had much room for him here.

He's had another big game or two as well so it wasn't a one-game-wonder kinda thing. All things considered he's been a great surprise for the Seacocks ().

I'm not saying he's gonna be a star but he looks like he'll be a big part of the Seahawks passing game moving forward.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Baldwin hasn't been a fluke he has been having good games even after playing us. He sure would have been better than our pickup of Ronald and who is to say he wouldn't have contributed? On that play, point is he took advantage and made it happen. Nobody expected Culliver to play as he has been playing. Until a person has actually been given a chance (although mute pt here) you don't know. He might have ousted Williams.

Are we talking the same? Griff Whalen is still playing for Stanford he hasn't started every game until recently and has been one of Lucks favorites targets the last couple of weeks. Considering he only started 3 of 6 games- he is on pace to have numbers that are same as Ronald Johnson and Baldwin. Nobody thought much of Wes Welker, but now? I think he is one of those that will go under the radar and a late pick would be worth the risk-he knows the system with the right enviroment may thrive.
[ Edited by WildBill on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM ]
He has done ok. A lot of it is upon the requests of Harbaugh who is the real guiding force. I see him as an ok to good scout. He's better than McDrunk. But that doesn't take much and I'm not sure it says much either.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He has done ok. A lot of it is upon the requests of Harbaugh who is the real guiding force. I see him as an ok to good scout. He's better than McDrunk. But that doesn't take much and I'm not sure it says much either.

Actually it already has been said that when it comes to QBs Baalke will defer to JH and talk to him on what and who is looking at then make it happen. I now seriously think that if Cam had been available JH would have wanted him instead of smith. Cause he is Nuclear raw grade material ya know-hehe!

The others I think Baalke lines them up after talking to the coaching staff, in particular JH and Fangio on what they feel they need and he makes the final decesion on what how and where to take them. Baalke works with the coaches, Scott didn't. No way Scott takes Hunter.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Actually it already has been said that when it comes to QBs Baalke will defer to JH and talk to him on what and who is looking at then make it happen. I now seriously think that if Cam had been available JH would have wanted him instead of smith. Cause he is Nuclear raw grade material ya know-hehe!

The others I think Baalke lines them up after talking to the coaching staff, in particular JH and Fangio on what they feel they need and he makes the final decesion on what how and where to take them. Baalke works with the coaches, Scott didn't. No way Scott takes Hunter.

Scott was too caught up in size stuff. You just want a guy who can play and Kendall Hunter can.
Lol @ pages 10-12 of this thread
Share 49ersWebzone