There are 146 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by hofer36:
im thinking you met to say that rogers was the best f/a cornerback in the league--rogers has been a great pickup but i cant see him being the best cb in the league this year

I think he meant Rogers was the best FA pick up of the year.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
It all starts at the top. As it turns out? Jed Freaking York is THE MAN! He's the one who made this all happen. He took a lot of guff for promoting Baalke, remember?

Young Jed is channeling some very good Eddie D.
Didn't Jed talk with Eddie a lot about what our franchise should do to turn things around? I thought I read somewhere that they both talked?
It seems to me that for a contending team, late-round draft picks can flat-out get you more value at the trade deadline than they can get you in the draft. I understand the philosophy in football to build through the draft, but there are teams out there looking to dump proven, productive, relatively young players (or somewhat unproven high-upside guys, like Curry) for scraps.

By contrast, when you go to the draft armed with 5th-7th round picks, you are taking guys with maybe a 50% chance of making the team and another 50% chance of making any kind of impact. I'd like to see us hold onto our high picks and see what's out there today with the lower ones.
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?
Originally posted by stunder49:

It's not about fixing something; it's about adding proven depth. We could have bolstered our WR group with Lloyd for a 6th rounder. We could have added Curry as young talented LB depth for what, a 4th?

Not saying it's a huge deal, but I hope the Niners are at least out there today plugged into what certain teams are trying to unload.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
It's not about fixing something; it's about adding proven depth. We could have bolstered our WR group with Lloyd for a 6th rounder. We could have added Curry as young talented LB depth for what, a 4th?

Not saying it's a huge deal, but I hope the Niners are at least out there today plugged into what certain teams are trying to unload.

You think the Seahawks would trade Curry, who knows their entire defensive scheme and calls, to a team inside the division? uhh nah

you must not follow how baalke works, he builds threw the draft.
They should try to get Louis Murphy or one of the Raiders WRs.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

You think the Seahawks would trade Curry, who knows their entire defensive scheme and calls, to a team inside the division? uhh nah

curry is a raider
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Fair point, but I still think it's an illustration of the value buys you can make at the deadline.

you must not follow how baalke works, he builds threw the draft.

But does his philosophy change at all when the team transitions from "rebuilding" to "maintaining/reloading"?
Originally posted by gamechanger:
They should try to get Louis Murphy or one of the Raiders WRs.

We tried trading for Lloyd but he told the Broncos he didnt want to come here
Originally posted by valrod33:

Bay Area rappers probably punked him and said he was whack.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Link?
Share 49ersWebzone