LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

So who starts at corner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
spencer and culliver or adams. i think culliver is pretty damn good and adams looked really promising before his injury. we have good young talent but we should still sign or trade for a starting quality vet just in case. terrel brown can start if needed but hes better as a nickel back[/indent]
We should bring in 2 CB's.. Asante Samuel, Fabian Washington, Carlos Rodgers, etc.., although we missed on some big names here- We can still get some good players.
A team who has all pros at corner has some young spares and those are the ones I would target. I think it is fine and dandy to go after the Asomughas but I think if I were building a team I would try to find the younger guys with potential and try acquiring them for other team needs. As for a vet QB, I think a young qb with talent is what I would search for because it is rare to lose 2 qbs and by then no vet will help much and you can always find some vets during the season. I think where a vet may be important is if you are vying for a superbowl. In our case, it seems if we can find a young talented qb, with Harbaugh, we would gain more by training up a youngster.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
If we sign Carlos Rogers, the free agency signings will be a success. If we sign Cromartie as well, we'll be golden. And we have the money to do just that.

cromartie signed earlier
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
We should bring in 2 CB's.. Asante Samuel, Fabian Washington, Carlos Rodgers, etc.., although we missed on some big names here- We can still get some good players.

fabian signed earlier today as well
  • 8to80
I'm really worried. Corner has been a weak area for us. Now, with Clements gone, it is even weaker. Spencer is, at best, a nickel CB. There is a big ? with Culliver because he's a rookie who has durability concerns (although he is very athletic).

Yes, I said we needed Clements. He was our only legitimate starter. He's definitely not worth $15 mil nor is he even close to being a shutdown corner. But, at least he filled a huge hole that we have.

Looks like the Yorks got what they wanted: they hired the best coach to appease the fans so that they can spend money on the stadium and not the players.
Originally posted by 8to80:
I'm really worried. Corner has been a weak area for us. Now, with Clements gone, it is even weaker. Spencer is, at best, a nickel CB. There is a big ? with Culliver because he's a rookie who has durability concerns (although he is very athletic).

Yes, I said we needed Clements. He was our only legitimate starter. He's definitely not worth $15 mil nor is he even close to being a shutdown corner. But, at least he filled a huge hole that we have.

Looks like the Yorks got what they wanted: they hired the best coach to appease the fans so that they can spend money on the stadium and not the players.

Dude Spencer has been our best CB the past 2 years.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Tyrone Drakeford and Pierson Prioleau

he was truly awful
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
maybe Tarell brown will be starting
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/97962309699375105
Originally posted by rigs49:
Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis.

Lol I bet they would be better at it than the CB we have. I bet Fitzgerald cannot wait till he plays us.

Derek Smith and Carmen Policy
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The secondary could be 1999-2000 bad.

Or it could be McKyer Griffin good-who knows. We will see who is hungry, who's got talent, who learns well and if the coaches will be good as Ray Rhodes and Seifert was when they were secondary coaches for the niners.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Shoot I guess Spencer and we'll see what Culliver has at CB. T. Brown is nothing more than a NCB.

We need Carlos Rogers before the Panthers sign him.

I hope we make a play for Carlos Rogers. I like Phillip Adams, but I don't think he's ready to start yet. Rogers is the last decent corner left we need to sign him. Oh and for those who think Samuels it won't happen. He is not the type of CB the niners go for. He primarilly plays off coverage. The niners like bigger more physical corners.
ok we cant have anyone on our currrent roster be a 2nd CB

spenccer can start but

terrel brown - im sorry he sucks he cant play man to man at all he is undesized weak and not even that fast a nickel cb at best

philip adams- like this guyhe has a lot of promise but unproven last year was his rookie year and he was a 6th round pick and was inured for most of it he wont be able to start

culliver- i doubt he can start as well although acccording to TC reports he is doing better than expected he is a rookie who has little experiance at CB at college lvl no way he starts

we seriously need to look at FA or a trade for a CB
Darnell Walker and R.W McQuarters
Share 49ersWebzone