LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dont worry, David Akers can play corner, receiver, and still kick.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Chief:
And everyone was cursing him for not practicing during the meaningless "Alex Camp".

Dude is hurt, football players get hurt. Hopefully he will be back for week 1.

Players placed on the PUP list are automatically out for 6 games

Thats only if hes on the pup list when the season starts
According to wiki...

If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice.

So looks like it's just to clear up a spot for another UDFA.
Looking at the facts he will once again not be on the same page as the QB's and his timing is going to be waaaaay off again.

How many tipped balls for INT's this year?
Originally posted by ninertico:
And everyone was cursing him for not practicing during the meaningless "Alex Camp".

As much as I'm pissed at this, an injury is an injury. Dude needs to heal so he can contribute. The fact is though, this really may be his last year here if he can't stay healthy. Just for that fact, he could cost us.

Still, heal and come back to kick ass. I don't like you right now, but uz better produce this year. That's all I'm sayin'.

If he is injured into the season, I hope we don't jsut insert him back into the starting lineup unless we are struggling.

I'd hate to see how bad, bad timing would look 4-5 games deep into the season.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Looking at the facts he will once again not be on the same page as the QB's and his timing is going to be waaaaay off again.

How many tipped balls for INT's this year?[/quote]

I'm worried about this.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jul 28, 2011 at 19:57:27 ]
"If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one
practice"
The 6 week rule is for regular season.
In the preseason, it means a couple of things. The guy can't work out with the team and it frees up a roster spot. The team can take him off the list at any time before the start of the season.

Once the season starts, anyone on the list is stuck on there until after Week 6. After week 8 (not entirely sure of this date), the team either has to activate him or put him on the
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
It's the same foot that had the stress fracture so why is all of this being dumped on Crabtree personally ? Why exactly should we trade him if it is a legit injury ?

Ninertalk

Anyone know if he had surgery on this foot or is he still trying to let it get better on it's own since before he came into the NFL? If he hasn't it might be time to get it operated on so he can salvage some of the season and not end up having it wreck his career.

He has surgery on it, yes.

Like I said, speculation or assumption on MY BEHALF. But just looking at his track record:

Held out for the contract he didn't deserve, meaning he wanted to be paid as if he was the first receiver taken.

Argument with Davis, now I don't know what that was about, but it must've meant something if Davis is jumping in your face.

Missing Preseason and/or TC, its always something with him, injury yaddah yaddah yaddah. Suck it up, TO played with a torn ACL in the Super Bowl. And wasn't Crabtree working out in Texas, before being questioned why he wasn't in the Bay Area yet??

Too many coincidences here IMO.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Breaking: A foot injury could knock Michael Crabtree out of the preseason lineup for a third straight year. #49ers ... tinyurl.com/3kl47xe

The foot injury that kept Michael Crabtree out of player-run practices in June is more serious than previously believed, and the 49ers' top wideout could miss four to six weeks of training camp and the preseason, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

That's why the 49ers were in the running for veteran wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, who was traded from Cincinnati to New England earlier today. The 49ers will continue to pursue a veteran receiver on the free-agent market who could perhaps start opposite Josh Morgan when the season begins.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/07/foot-injury-wil.html
DEREK MASON
Poor wide-out, Whoa is me, I have a foot sprain...

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by ninertico:

As much as I'm pissed at this, an injury is an injury. Dude needs to heal so he can contribute. The fact is though, this really may be his last year here if he can't stay healthy. Just for that fact, he could cost us.

Still, heal and come back to kick ass. I don't like you right now, but uz better produce this year. That's all I'm sayin'.

If he is injured into the season, I hope we don't jsut insert him back into the starting lineup unless we are struggling.

I'd hate to see how bad, bad timing would look 4-5 games deep into the season.

Originally posted by jreff22:

How many tipped balls for INT's this year?[/quote]

I'm worried about this.

Right? It just pisses me off to no end because he will miss time and chemistry with Alex for yet another year. It takes too much time to get acclimated again and the timing, like you said, will be off.

Man, I really hoped he be that #1 because you don't get many chances pickin' top 10.

Yet, I chill. He has the potential. Hope he realizes it frickin' soon.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Players placed on the PUP list are automatically out for 6 games

Didn't know that he was put on the PUP list, that sucks. I hope he is 100% by week 3 then and we should pick up someone like Malcolm Floyd.
Originally posted by valrod33:
In the preseason, it means a couple of things. The guy can't work out with the team and it frees up a roster spot. The team can take him off the list at any time before the start of the season.

Once the season starts, anyone on the list is stuck on there until after Week 6. After week 8 (not entirely sure of this date), the team either has to activate him or put him on the

valrod coming through with the goodnews........Thanks!!!
He's had a foot problem since his rookie year. Bust.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Dont worry, David Akers can play corner, receiver, and still kick.

so true. this makes all the pain go away.
Share 49ersWebzone