LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It would be nice to go into the season with WRs who have worked through chemistry in TC. Work Crabtree in gradually instead of letting him stink for five or six games. Don't mind Divas if they are productive and are not destroyers of team comaraderie.
I think Harbaugh will hold players to a higher standard and require that everyone practice hard to earn playing time. I could see him holding crabs out until he conforms to the team spirit and high work ethic Harbaugh will expect of his starters (leaders).
Originally posted by susweel:
Is he on IR yet ?

lol
Cant wait till we get crabtree back
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Cant wait till we get crabtree back

Heard from my inside source that the injury is because Crabtree got a tattoo on his ankle that says "Didn't practice, lol".
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
His name will be used as a noun from here on with injuries.

Crab·tree/ crab'tree/Noun
1. To skip training camp and most of preseason.
2. To make an "ow-wee" into a serious injury...until regular season starts.
3. To hold-out for money when no money has yet been earned.

"When I'm injured and on the sidelines during preseason there is only one product I recommended to treat a serious injury, Band-Aid. Keeping millionaire first round picks from training since 2009!"

that caption, and that picture to go along with it...this might be the hardest i've laughed on the zone the entire offseason

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Aug 1, 2011 at 12:46:38 ]

LOL. It's true.
If MC doesn't play in preseason, I hope the Niners don't start him against Seattle.
I'd have Crabtree come in as slot or 4th receiver during the first two games of the season if he hasnt taken the field during preseason.
They are gonna start Whoever gives us the best chance at winning, Crabtree/Edwards/Morgan > Edwards/Morgan/Crabs or Ginn. I hope and pray he starts alongside Edwards week one even if he plays no pre-season.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
I'd have Crabtree come in as slot or 4th receiver during the first two games of the season if he hasnt taken the field during preseason.
That might be wise. With no training camp, no built chemistry and timing with Alex Smith in the new system, and lack of game shape, he could make some preventable blunders. That could turn into some unaffordable season altering errors. Until he has sufficient time and execution with the offense, outperforms the determined starters, and proves that he is not prone to significant lapses, it may be wise to use him sparingly. Since Braylon Edwards seems to be closing in on the #1/primary receiver position and Morgan has also shown to be effective, Crabtree may have to display higher merit to supplant either one.
He'll tip passes and leak playbook plays to the Cowboys,Jets and anyone else Texas.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He'll tip passes and leak playbook plays to the Cowboys,Jets and anyone else Texas.

The Jets moved to Texas? Wow! Didn't see that in any of the media outlets, congrats on the scoop!
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
They are gonna start Whoever gives us the best chance at winning, Crabtree/Edwards/Morgan > Edwards/Morgan/Crabs or Ginn. I hope and pray he starts alongside Edwards week one even if he plays no pre-season.

I don't think I want to see a nightmare like the game last season again. The offensive implosion started with a Smith interception because Crabtree ran the wrong route on a timing pass.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Michael Crabtree WR SF
San Francisco 49ers
Michael Crabtree anticipates his left foot injury affecting him all season.
Crabtree's foot hasn't fully healed since his last surgery. He'll try to play through it, but "if the pain becomes unbearable, like it was on Sunday, he'll remove himself from the game." Crabtree played 16 snaps in Week 1, compared to Josh Morgan's 36 and Braylon Edwards' 33. Crabtree is barely worth a fantasy roster spot.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/news-item?newsId=6657
Share 49ersWebzone