There are 161 users in the forums

Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This entire thread is one giant attack on the character of an injured player.

There's a whole lot of whining, exageration and overreaction going on in this thread. That is not an attack. It's a fact.
Kind of reminds me of Ricky Watters when he started out here. A combination of injuries and a perceived nonchalant attitude got everyone frustrated and flaming him. But he got himself together and became an offensive weapon. Hopefully, Crabfeet can do the same after this last injury.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:15:02 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montanafan11:
This entire thread is one giant attack on the character of an injured player.

There's a whole lot of whining, exageration and overreaction going on in this thread. That is not an attack. It's a fact.

I'm with you.

Don't let the "noob" comments get you, either. You aren't a noob at using your brain.
Originally posted by Chief:
I can't believe all the fat stay at home dads in this thread hating on our receiver for having and injury. You all act like he wants to be injured or he wants to walk around with that thing on his foot. I am a proud 49er fan for almost 30 years, but luckily I don't live or know very many 49er fans, because 90% of them are whiny punks.

Pipe down, old man. You know you get cranky when you haven't had your Metamucil.
The amount of unintelligence, hurt feelings and all around whininess in this thread is pathetic. And it's pretty sad that this kind of attitude would not be tolerated in any other thread but a crabtree one. It's ok to make light of his injury, undermine the 9ers medical staff and question his dedication.

This is nothing but a troll thread which last time I checked was not allowed.

1. His hold out has absolutely nothing to do with:
a) wanting to be a cowboy
b) wanting to miss TC because he hates practicing
c) dedication, heart, etc

He held out because he felt he deserved more money. That's it, nothing personal.

2. He had injured his neck in the offseason and was held out of practice as a precaution. This goes on all over the NFL. Why aggrivate an injury to appease a bunch of self entitled fans?

In addition, do you not remember him being close to tears when he tried to practice and Sing told him to stop? Were you all bashing LT and other players who were held out of practice and preseason games for precautionary reasons?

3. This year there are a number of players who failed physicals and were put on the PUP list. You can't fake this. He's in a walking boot because he is legitamitely injured!!!

4. Funny how Nolan got thrown under the bus for questioning Alex's shoulder injury. The irony.

5. What does an injury have to do with heart, dedication, selfishness?

6. Crabs has been the consumate proffessional. He's been to all meetings, has been at practices even though he was injured.

These conspiracy theories about him wanting to be a cowboy or wanting to get traded or that he fakes injuries to get out of TC are so utterly stupid I don't know why posters aren't getting warnings.

Funny how Morgan gets so much appreciation here yet crabs is criticized for drops, lack of effort, etc. Morgan likes Alex and crabs does not and that's where most of the unfair criticism comes from. Most of the fans are Alex fetishists, period.

Keep whining like a bunch of babies. I'll get ready on my conspiracy theories on Alex and frank since it's acceptable to undermine our players.

Good post.

I'll admit I attacked crabs, because it just seemed like a coincedence that he was injured now. If he is legit and really is injured I have no problems with him, just problems with the F.O for lack of F.A signings.

Granted I know the FA's have to want to come here, someone has to want our money.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
he's gonna start week 1

book it

Yep, he'll milk his injury through pre season so he doesnt risk a real injury, because hes soooo good and important. And then he'll be ready week 1.

i still thinking he's exaggerating
The amount of unintelligence, hurt feelings and all around whininess in this thread is pathetic. And it's pretty sad that this kind of attitude would not be tolerated in any other thread but a crabtree one. It's ok to make light of his injury, undermine the 9ers medical staff and question his dedication.

He held out because he felt he deserved more money. That's it, nothing personal.

2. He had injured his neck in the offseason and was held out of practice as a precaution. This goes on all over the NFL. Why aggrivate an injury to appease a bunch of self entitled fans?

In addition, do you not remember him being close to tears when he tried to practice and Sing told him to stop? Were you all bashing LT and other players who were held out of practice and preseason games for precautionary reasons?

3. This year there are a number of players who failed physicals and were put on the PUP list. You can't fake this. He's in a walking boot because he is legitamitely injured!!!

4. Funny how Nolan got thrown under the bus for questioning Alex's shoulder injury. The irony.

6. Crabs has been the consumate proffessional. He's been to all meetings, has been at practices even though he was injured.

These conspiracy theories about him wanting to be a cowboy or wanting to get traded or that he fakes injuries to get out of TC are so utterly stupid I don't know why posters aren't getting warnings.

Funny how Morgan gets so much appreciation here yet crabs is criticized for drops, lack of effort, etc. Morgan likes Alex and crabs does not and that's where most of the unfair criticism comes from. Most of the fans are Alex fetishists, period.

Keep whining like a bunch of babies. I'll get ready on my conspiracy theories on Alex and frank since it's acceptable to undermine our players.

Welcome to Niner talk.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What's wrong with it, though? A stress fracture? Their really keeping a tight lip about it. Here's hoping he's back for the opener.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 1, 2011 at 00:22:57 ]
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
he's gonna start week 1

book it

Yep, he'll milk his injury through pre season so he doesnt risk a real injury, because hes soooo good and important. And then he'll be ready week 1.

of course he's exaggerating, the dude never misses a regular season game but just cant keep healthy through preseason, hmm. oh well.
Originally posted by mayo49:
What's wrong with it, though? A stress fracture? Their really keeping a tight lip about it. Here's hoping he's back for the opener.

Originally posted by NickSh49:

Possibly true, but you're been here for a total of what... 2 days? Maybe 3?

being active on this board for any period of time has what relevance here? It's a good post that makes good points. If the man is legitimately injured (the PUP status compared to just being held out of practice seems to indicate it is legit) then its pretty ridiculous that people question his heart or desire.

Crabs has diva-ish behavior but injuries happen. I'd much rather have a player get hurt in the pre-season than every regular season
According to one report it is the same injury he had his senior year in college. If he is dogging it screw him. There will be some hungry youngsters that might just put him out to pasture if he isn't careful.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
According to one report it is the same injury he had his senior year in college. If he is dogging it screw him. There will be some hungry youngsters that might just put him out to pasture if he isn't careful.

He needs to get his stuff together or he's going to end up being another Rashaun Woods.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 1, 2011 at 06:06:42 ]
Crabs isn't exactly lighting it up, not going through the preseason work will have a negative effect on team chemistry. If he doesn't have to go through the summer grind, why does anybody else? Crabs is acting like he is a ten year vet who has multiple pro bowls behind him.

[ Edited by fister30 on Aug 1, 2011 at 06:26:38 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
he's gonna start week 1

book it

of course he's exaggerating, the dude never misses a regular season game but just cant keep healthy through preseason, hmm. oh well.

Is the doctor who gave him his physical exaggerating it to the coaches ? Did the doctor tell them he said it hurts so let's put him in a boot and sit him for 4-6 ? Or did he diagnose a deeper rooted problem ?

Share 49ersWebzone