Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by dj43:
3 straight years of this bulls**t. Last year, some were saying the same thing, "Dude's hurt, stop complaining."

I don't give a f**k if he won't miss any games. Last year, his pathetic unprepared sorry ass cost us early during real games.

His ass is running out of excuses and I have a feeling our new head coach will stay quiet, but his actions will show Crabtree that he needs to stop being a p***y and put in the work everyone else has put in.

All I know is that he isn't winning any respect in the locker room.
Harbaugh won't stand for his act for a minute. As you say, he might not be very public about it but Harbaugh is a hard a$$ when it comes to players that are not taking care of business.

And if he catches 70+ passes for 900+ yards and 8+ TD's then everyone will STFU. The constant overreaction in NT almost makes me wish we were still in a lockout.

Is that good enough production out of your #1 receiver for a player that was selected #10 overall?

For his first full season under a head coach that actually knows how to utilize a wide receiver? Definitely.

He played all 16 games last year which means he already had a full season.

I'm sorry but for a 3rd year WR top pick in this pass-heavy league, he should be getting at least 1200 yards. Dude's actions put himself in a position to walk the walk with the damn holdout and then a b***h as move with the neck last year.

He is not a veteran who needs to rest his body and he will not win hearts in the locker room and from fans or coaches by thinking he is one.

http://myninernation.blogspot.com/2011/07/recieving-problems.html
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
If he was put on the PUP list, it might be forealz.

Just sayin'.

If a player is on the PUP list for camp, does that open up roster spots?

For example, if Crabs came to his physical complaining about his foot and the docs say he needs a couple weeks to heal, do they put him on the PUP list to make room for some additional camp bodies then when roster cuts come they remove him from the PUP list and put him back on the roster?

He still counts against the 90 man roster, but can be called onto the team before the season begins for the 53 man roster.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
"Crabglass"
3 straight years of this bulls**t. Last year, some were saying the same thing, "Dude's hurt, stop complaining."

I don't give a f**k if he won't miss any games. Last year, his pathetic unprepared sorry ass cost us early during real games.

His ass is running out of excuses and I have a feeling our new head coach will stay quiet, but his actions will show Crabtree that he needs to stop being a p***y and put in the work everyone else has put in.

Harbaugh won't stand for his act for a minute. As you say, he might not be very public about it but Harbaugh is a hard a$$ when it comes to players that are not taking care of business.

And if he catches 70+ passes for 900+ yards and 8+ TD's then everyone will STFU. The constant overreaction in NT almost makes me wish we were still in a lockout.

Is that good enough production out of your #1 receiver for a player that was selected #10 overall?

For his first full season under a head coach that actually knows how to utilize a wide receiver? Definitely.

I'm sorry but for a 3rd year WR top pick in this pass-heavy league, he should be getting at least 1200 yards. Dude's actions put himself in a position to walk the walk with the damn holdout and then a b***h as move with the neck last year.

He is not a veteran who needs to rest his body and he will not win hearts in the locker room and from fans or coaches by thinking he is one.

And who was his OC? Oh yeah, dude got fired mid-season, and then it was taken over by another s**tty OC. He's not a 3rd year receiver, he's barely had 1.5 season in the league. And pass heavy? Hilarious. How many 1,000 yard receivers have we had in the last 8 years? Oh yeah, none. Baby steps please.

So much doubt so early in the season is absolutely asinine. Why not wait until he plays a few games this year under Harbaugh before complaining like the rest of this board full of whiny sheep?

And who was his OC? Oh yeah, dude got fired mid-season, and then it was taken over by another s**tty OC. He's not a 3rd year receiver, he's barely had 1.5 season in the league. And pass heavy? Hilarious. How many 1,000 yard receivers have we had in the last 8 years? Oh yeah, none. Baby steps please.

So much doubt so early in the season is absolutely asinine. Why not wait until he plays a few games this year under Harbaugh before complaining like the rest of this board full of whiny sheep?

I don't care if he had Al Bundy or Bill Walsh as his OC or HC. He isn't going to do s**t if he keeps his nose in the air during TC and Preseason.

No OC made him run wrong routes and help DB's with the tip drill. He needs to come into Game 1 in midseason form, not take 4 regular season games to get to Game 1 speed.
id be worried if it was VD, a guy who actually plays hard and puts up great numbers even when our brilliant coaches forgot he was there for half of the season but crabtree and his 700 yard years can be easily replaced. he hasnt established himself as a scary wide receiver yet so missing him for a game or two doesnt hurt us at all, especially when it forces the niners to actually go out and grab a good starting quality receiver and then crabs can come back in and fight to get his job back. i think its a blessing in disguise.
Originally posted by Jacka:
I am so sick of all you fake ass Niner fans. Calling Crabtree a bust after two very productive seasons for a rookie and 2nd year WR. Then having the balls to call him a p*ssy because of his foot. I guarantee almost everyone of you saying that has never played football at a high level. Probably wouldn't even go to the gym with a hurt foot.

Crabtree is a hard worker. Who cares if he is a loner or a so called diva. The Niners are just being cautious with him because after all it is still just pre-season. Would I like him to play every pre-season game? Hell yes. AM I going to say trade him because he is a bust for this? Hell no! He will probably stay out 2 weeks and then come back. They put him on PUP so he wouldnt count towards the 90 man roster. This way they can check out some other guys. Same reason they put Bruce Miller on PUP and he will only be out a couple days.

They are looking at other WR's like Floyd/Jones to protect themselves in case it is more serious. Crabtree will be fine and he will still be our best WR at the end of the year. Everybody chill the hell out!!

LOL didn't read
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
I am so sick of all you fake ass Niner fans. Calling Crabtree a bust after two very productive seasons for a rookie and 2nd year WR. Then having the balls to call him a p*ssy because of his foot. I guarantee almost everyone of you saying that has never played football at a high level. Probably wouldn't even go to the gym with a hurt foot.

Crabtree is a hard worker. Who cares if he is a loner or a so called diva. The Niners are just being cautious with him because after all it is still just pre-season. Would I like him to play every pre-season game? Hell yes. AM I going to say trade him because he is a bust for this? Hell no! He will probably stay out 2 weeks and then come back. They put him on PUP so he wouldnt count towards the 90 man roster. This way they can check out some other guys. Same reason they put Bruce Miller on PUP and he will only be out a couple days.

They are looking at other WR's like Floyd/Jones to protect themselves in case it is more serious. Crabtree will be fine and he will still be our best WR at the end of the year. Everybody chill the hell out!!

LOL didn't read
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

LOL didn't read

The bold describing the will of fans is also Crabtree's NFL career.

I don't care if he had Al Bundy or Bill Walsh as his OC or HC. He isn't going to do s**t if he keeps his nose in the air during TC and Preseason.

No OC made him run wrong routes and help DB's with the tip drill. He needs to come into Game 1 in midseason form, not take 4 regular season games to get to Game 1 speed.

Well, I care, because God knows what was going on with the offense last season, because it was a piece of s**t.

My point is this: if he's hurt, he's hurt, nothing you can do about that. But to write him off without knowing the whole story and just ASSUMING he just doesn't want to go to camp is retarded.

If he comes in and is terrible and isn't productive at all, by all means feel free to complain, but we haven't even played a pre-season game yet. Too much complaining.

LOL didn't read

Well, I care, because God knows what was going on with the offense last season, because it was a piece of s**t.

My point is this: if he's hurt, he's hurt, nothing you can do about that. But to write him off without knowing the whole story and just ASSUMING he just doesn't want to go to camp is retarded.

If he comes in and is terrible and isn't productive at all, by all means feel free to complain, but we haven't even played a pre-season game yet. Too much complaining.

He wrote that story himself last preseason.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

LOL didn't read

The only thing I got out of that statement

LOL didn't read

He does count against the 90 man roster-it was stated in the articles that broke the news. This way they can call him back before the season starts. If you put a player on IR, they don't count, but you can't bring them back until after 4 games. IDK if the new CBA changed this rule though.
Share 49ersWebzone