There are 214 users in the forums

Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
that sucks. nothing but bad news or no news so far this offseason, and it just started.

...of course, its a lot better to get this kind of s**t out the way now, as opposed to midseason.
hurt how exactly? he hasnt done anything in 7 months. I dont understand? a broken foot could heal on its own with no medical treatment in 7 months.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by pagodagold:
geezes..i dont think there is anyone left t.o ? moss ?...moss would not want to be here i dont think and i think i would not want t. o here...plaxico too bad we missed out on ocho.

Malcom floyd looked good when vjax was suspended. Would much rather have him than any of those divas. Why dump one diva for another? Moss would just complain about how bad our QB's are and eventually demand a trade.

Matt Maioocco of CSN Bay Area (@MaioccoCSN) states that the San Francisco 49ers are one of several teams interested in San Diego Chargers free agent wide receiver Malcolm Floyd, according to a league source.

Yep I follow him :P.

I had floyd on my fantasy team once vjax got suspended, he really had some good runs, his size is a mismatch to many corners.(while crabtree's size really isn't...) He's 6'5 225.

Oh and Malcom is from Sacramento as well, while a guy like Steve smith(giants) probably doesn't want to move to the west coast(most east coast guys don't).

We need someone to develop chemistry with smith, I think floyd could be that guy and crabtree would lose his job. As I think even josh morgan, with more reps than crabtree, would be the better WR2. Dropping crabtree to just depth. That should take his little ego down a few notches :P

[ Edited by mike on Jul 28, 2011 at 22:33:07 ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
hurt how exactly? he hasnt done anything in 7 months. I dont understand? a broken foot could heal on its own with no medical treatment in 7 months.

He's been letting rex have a go at it.

ZING.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I really don't care.

i, too, am assuming that during the lockout the players in the NFL went into a kind of hibernation and did absolutely nothing for four months.

Next year we should take no chances. Full on carbon freezing for Crabtree.
Jeez...over-react much? In the timeline given he won't even miss a regular season game.

The guy showed up to an unpaid, non-mandatory, uninsured practice session to better know the new offense and got hurt while participating.

Who DIDN'T show up to that session? Frank Gore.

Calm the f*ck down.

I'm so sick of these fat couch potatoes on this site calling a guy lazy who is in great shape and got hurt practicing when he didn't even freakin have to. If he didn't show up to the session, he'd be labeled lazy. If he does show up and gets hurt, he's lazy. If he had shown up and didn't get hurt, someone would still call him freakin lazy because he didn't call Alex 50 times to work out together.

No matter what the guy does, you call him lazy.

Stop.

Go to the kitchen, get another bag of Doritos and a beer and STFU.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jul 28, 2011 at 23:02:55 ]
This is why we need depth behind Crabtree. We have NO other wide outs besides Crabtree and for this team to purposely neglect to find another capable wide out is beyond me
Foot injuries worry me as they very often become chronic problems. Have to be patient...once again...until he can get back.

On a positive note--he is the only starting receiver with a low QB rating with Smith, so perhaps one of the young guys can break in and become the next Dwight Clark!?
Well I'm Hanging on, I think we will make a move now! Cb, Wr, Give COLIN SOME SPEED!!!!

rex ryan is good with feet
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
rex ryan is good with feet

I do too! Sexy feet is well sexy! Someone sell a house for some talent this is what a great team is built around! One player WILLIS AND SOMEONE WHO CAN COVER AT CB AND RUSH THE PASSER!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jul 28, 2011 at 23:20:44 ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Until we have proof otherwise, the kid at least deserves benefit of the doubt.

This.

However when a player by fate or by choice missed two training camps, and more sure than not, will miss another, the stars don't seem to align well for a bright future between the player and the team.
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe Al Davis knew something we all didn't.

Not really. His drafting track record hasn't been that great in recent years. Howard-Bey was a strange early first-round pick.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Until we have proof otherwise, the kid at least deserves benefit of the doubt.

This.

However when a player by fate or by choice missed two training camps, and more sure than not, will miss another, the stars don't seem to align well for a bright future between the player and the team.

True, I'm not hating on him I just think his honeymoon phase(if he had one) of being the #1 wr pick from a few years ago is fast fading and coach is going to decide to go w/the WR who develops the most chemistry with the QBs over mr.#1 WR crabtree. I feel like singletary put mike in that #1 position just because of where he was drafted.

Crab should have to fight for his position on the roster just like anyone else, so until he proves he deserves that starting spot..Whoever's the best WR at camp should be our #1 wr.(whether we get floyd/another WR or we just stick to what we've got)
Share 49ersWebzone