• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
And everyone was cursing him for not practicing during the meaningless "Alex Camp".

Dude is hurt, football players get hurt. Hopefully he will be back for week 1.

Players placed on the PUP list are automatically out for 6 games

Didn't know that he was put on the PUP list, that sucks. I hope he is 100% by week 3 then and we should pick up someone like Malcolm Floyd.

They were saying 4-6 weeks, and it's 6+ weeks until opening day.

Right, but if you place someone on the PUP list they are not allowed to play for 6 games correct?

So pick up Malcolm Floyd and when Crabtree is back throw him into the lineup.

Only at the beginning of the season.

I'd be all over a Floyd pickup either way

Only at the beginning of the season what?

So if we put him on the PUP now he can't come back until week 7 or he can't come back until week 3 or he only misses preseason?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
And everyone was cursing him for not practicing during the meaningless "Alex Camp".

Dude is hurt, football players get hurt. Hopefully he will be back for week 1.

Players placed on the PUP list are automatically out for 6 games

Didn't know that he was put on the PUP list, that sucks. I hope he is 100% by week 3 then and we should pick up someone like Malcolm Floyd.

They were saying 4-6 weeks, and it's 6+ weeks until opening day.

Right, but if you place someone on the PUP list they are not allowed to play for 6 games correct?

So pick up Malcolm Floyd and when Crabtree is back throw him into the lineup.

Only at the beginning of the season.

I'd be all over a Floyd pickup either way

Only at the beginning of the season what?

So if we put him on the PUP now he can't come back until week 7 or he can't come back until week 3 or he only misses preseason?

If we put him on the PUP now, he can come off tomorrow - but if he's on the PUP week 1, then he can't come off until week 7.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Good lord. This teams luck is awful
Originally posted by brooklyn49er:
LMfao foot injury doing what?

exactly! What the f**k, is he four hundred pounds embedded to his chair at home?

Photoshoppe please
That just means Josh Morgan will have 1600 rec yards and 18 TD's, book it
Zeigler PUPed too - he's still hurt?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
F
A
C
E
P
A
L
M

A
T

T
H
E
S
E

R
E
S
P
O
N
S
E
S

Face palm at your response Bro. Youre pretty gullible.
Alright I'm out before anything else can go wrong
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
F
A
C
E
P
A
L
M

A
T

T
H
E
S
E

R
E
S
P
O
N
S
E
S

Face palm at your response Bro. Youre pretty gullible.

There is zero proof that points otherwise. It's all assumption based....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGM:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
With Michael Crabtree heading to PUP list, the 49ers have asked about Chargers free-agent WR Malcom Floyd. http://bit.ly/qXrNYK
2 minutes ago

Originally posted by Kolohe:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
With Michael Crabtree heading to PUP list, the 49ers have asked about Chargers free-agent WR Malcom Floyd. http://bit.ly/qXrNYK
2 minutes ago

why would we have to ask a team about a free agent?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
2 minutes ago

why would we have to ask a team about a free agent?

Just "asked" bud, not "asked the Chargers"

fail on my part
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Screw it. Sign James Jones.

I concur with this statement.

If he's hurt, he's hurt. We can't expect him to go practice with a serious foot injury. Still, 3 years in the league and 3 training camps missed, it's getting a little ridiculous. We needed to upgrade the talent level of our WR core before this anyways, it's a major sore spot on this team IMO. Ginn/Williams/Jurovich/Johnson don't exactly have me jumping for joy. Perhaps this puts some pressure on Baalke to pick up someone.

Yeap. Looks like him or tall-ass Malcolm Floyd.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
It's the same foot that had the stress fracture so why is all of this being dumped on Crabtree personally ? Why exactly should we trade him if it is a legit injury ?

Ninertalk

Anyone know if he had surgery on this foot or is he still trying to let it get better on it's own since before he came into the NFL? If he hasn't it might be time to get it operated on so he can salvage some of the season and not end up having it wreck his career.

He has surgery on it, yes.

Like I said, speculation or assumption on MY BEHALF. But just looking at his track record:

Held out for the contract he didn't deserve, meaning he wanted to be paid as if he was the first receiver taken.

Argument with Davis, now I don't know what that was about, but it must've meant something if Davis is jumping in your face.

Missing Preseason and/or TC, its always something with him, injury yaddah yaddah yaddah. Suck it up, TO played with a torn ACL in the Super Bowl. And wasn't Crabtree working out in Texas, before being questioned why he wasn't in the Bay Area yet??

Too many coincidences here IMO.

Frank was healthy and working out in Miami....he never bothered to come to Camp Alex either. Sure he is planning on holding out now, but by skipping out on working out with just teammates to work out with friends....

VD even brought up the unjury during Camp Alex as being more serious than new cleats :

Quote:
Crabtree has been a mysterious man this off-season, choosing to workout with other team members early in the summer, and then after telling reporters on Wednesday he would speak with them the following day, Crabtree sped right past the media on a golf cart.

But the most important mystery regarding the Texas Tech alum is his injured foot that he sustained at the first Alex Smith camp back in early June at Alex Smith’s first camp. However, tight end Vernon Davis was happy to speak with the media regarding Crabtree’s injury and as San Francisco Chronicle writer Mike Lynch writes, the wide receiver may have a more serious injury.

“Tight end Vernon Davis, in Crabtree's absence, answered the question saying the foot injury he sustained June 9 in Camp Alex #1 is far more than just a case of a sore foot brought on by the pinch of new cleats. However Davis said he should be ready should training camp start on time.”

Until we have proof otherwise, the kid at least deserves benefit of the doubt.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
2 minutes ago

Share 49ersWebzone