There are 218 users in the forums

If we dont get Nnamdi, which of OUR players do we re-sign?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we dont get Nnamdi, which of OUR players do we re-sign?

If we sign Nahmdi could we possibly keep clements and move him to safety, then we could let Goldson go in FA without worrying
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Baldie:
The Texans offered more money...Texans have a good team...just need a couple pieces on defense.....no taxes.....means more money....who wouldn't want that deal?

If he wants to be an actor....we got Hollywood....why go to NY?

If the niners find a way to sign him.....it will be a HUGE relief

The Texans suck about as hard as we do

Lol no way, are you kidding me? They have an awesome 4000+ yard QB in matt schaub(we don't), at least one legit WR(we don't), and a great young RB in arian foster(ours is old and hitting injuries), Joseph will bring up their absolutely horrid pass defense. Then they drafted JJ watts and brooks reed to help with the bad pass rush.

It may take a year for JJ and reed to hit full speed, but they'll make the playoffs this year or next with their offense. We're obviously nowhere close to the texans.

Same record, horrible defense. They suck.
The Texans offered more money...Texans have a good team...just need a couple pieces on defense.....no taxes.....means more money....who wouldn't want that deal?

Lol no way, are you kidding me? They have an awesome 4000+ yard QB in matt schaub(we don't), at least one legit WR(we don't), and a great young RB in arian foster(ours is old and hitting injuries), Joseph will bring up their absolutely horrid pass defense. Then they drafted JJ watts and brooks reed to help with the bad pass rush.

It may take a year for JJ and reed to hit full speed, but they'll make the playoffs this year or next with their offense. We're obviously nowhere close to the texans.

You didn't read his post did you?

They are addressing the problems they had. I think the Texans will be good this year. Especially if they can get to Manning.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

They are addressing the problems they had. I think the Texans will be good this year. Especially if they can get to Manning.

Everyone says the Texans are going to be good every year. I won't buy it until they win no matter who they sign. Just like the 49ers.
  • dj43

Everyone says the Texans are going to be good every year. I won't buy it until they win no matter who they sign. Just like the 49ers.
They have improved in three major areas: an established DC that has a proven ability to put a solid defense on the field, Joseph and Manning.

Philips will turn Williams into another Ware but with more power. They WILL put serious pressure on opposing QBs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well....Jed has to do SOMETHING to put some asses in the seats....so throw it at Randy Moss.

Remember Randy Moss not wanting to come here. No thanks. Much rather have Braylon Edwards or Malcolm Floyd.

Floyd would be real nice, but the rate we're going we won't be signing anyone. All those quality players out there and we get a kicker. The storm cloud continues to hover over us. I was warned back in "96" that our beloved team was going to bad, I'm mean really bad. I didn't believe it, but I guess that person can say "I told ya so"
Originally posted by dj43:

They have improved in three major areas: an established DC that has a proven ability to put a solid defense on the field, Joseph and Manning.

Philips will turn Williams into another Ware but with more power. They WILL put serious pressure on opposing QBs.

I will believe it when I see it.
Richard Marshall is a nice option, so is cromartie and I think Brent Grimes is out there too. Grimes would be a nice second CB to snag up.

My question is when the hell did Chris Carr emerge as legit cover corner? I remember he was an average kick returner who was labeled a db to fit him on the roster. Have I not been paying attention?
  • nick
  • Veteran
NFL Network reports that the Jets and Cowboys have both dropped out of the sweepstakes for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.
Jul 29, 6:12 PM

This has to be the niners what other sleeper team is there.
  • nick
  • Veteran
NFL Network is reporting vehemently that the Jets are definitely out, and the Cowboys reportedly are, too. "It must be a sleeper team," said NFL Net's Mike Lombardi. "The agent for Nnamdi, Ben Dogra, is now saying Cowboys are not in it. There must be a team in this that has done a great job of keeping it all a secret." It's now being speculated that Asomugha will stay in the Bay Area, possibly either re-signing with the Raiders or going to San Francisco.

Raiders. Davis isn't going to let him go to the 49ers.
  • nick
  • Veteran
nevermind he signed with the eagles.
Nnamdi is an EAgle.
Joselio Hanson COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asante Samuel will hit the open market now.
Share 49ersWebzone