LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

If we dont get Nnamdi, which of OUR players do we re-sign?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we dont get Nnamdi, which of OUR players do we re-sign?

I'd let them all walk and replace them via free agency. Lawson isn't worth what he wanted before and I don't know if his mind has changed. Goldson and Franklin underperformed last year and neither is worth what they will ask for.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
ESPN's John Clayton suggests free agent CB Johnathan Joseph will decide on a team Wednesday night.
Clayton teased a Joseph update on Twitter, only to follow up with no details on Sports Center. The Bengals, Lions, and possibly the Texans have been in on Joseph.

If not Richard Marshall it is.

Josh Wilson, Drayton Florence are gone but I would probably above Marshall. Don't think these guys are much of an upgrade over Spencer or Clements anyways. Isn't Brent Grimes available as well? Chris Carr later down the list.

With us talking to Nnamdi all day it doesn't sound good with Joseph. I'd hate to have put all our eggs in one basket. We should have be negotiating with him as well in case we don't get Nnamdi

I think Grimes is restricted. I don't think Marshall would be a bad option, though I doubt he's a no. 1 CB.
Scott
Quote:
ESPN's John Clayton suggests free agent CB Johnathan Joseph will decide on a team Wednesday night.
Clayton teased a Joseph update on Twitter, only to follow up with no details on Sports Center. The Bengals, Lions, and possibly the Texans have been in on Joseph.

Oh what irony that would be if we were to sign Leonard Marshall's son... this would not bode well down the road with 49ers fans...
Joseph if we.can't get him we watch as we.get raped in the passing game yet again year after year.....
Originally posted by toeknee:
Quote:

but I want him in sf!

The only thing that worries me if we sign Nnamdi Asomugha is that he's already on the wrong side of 30. Is it worth the $15M+ per year being predicted? For that money we could probably get two good CBs. Maybe J. Joseph or A. Cromartie AND Richard Marshall? I would love to have Nnamdi Asomugha, but that price tag is crazy!

Besides, look at Richard Marshall's stats:

http://www.nfl.com/player/richardmarshall/2495894/profile

And he's only 26!
Whatever happens its going to happen in a flash come this weekend so don't blink and be ready to cheer or cry-just don't be driving when you hear the news-hehehe
looks like namdi is gone

joesph will go to bengals lions or texans

marshall come on down
Franklin, Goldson and Lawson. There is no reason to get rid of those guys. Why? Are they trying to lose? They aren't super stars but those are good players. We don't have enough good players. You can go from good/average to much worse. You can have a total toast safety and a useless NT and an OLB with way less speed and ranginess.

I can't imagine why they want to get rid of these guys for the right price? For an unreasonable price I understand. Throw Baas in there too. We should have kept him. I just can't imagine what the 49ers are doing this offseason. It seems like the sudden labor agreement caught them off guard. Because they have no plan and aren't doing anything that makes sense.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
looks like namdi is gone

marshall come on down

Wtf? Source on Asomugha? Or are you just blowing smoke out of your ass?
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
looks like namdi is gone

marshall come on down

Wtf? Source on Asomugha? Or are you just blowing smoke out of your ass?

the jets are probally gonna get him the jets have more cap space then us NY is better city jets are better team

he has a chance to go down in history on that team as the historys best duo at CB
im not saying its definite but the ny deal is very inticing

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jul 28, 2011 at 06:28:25 ]

Franklin, Goldson and Joseph.
Uh, you forgot the GORE button
Asomugha- Jets
Joseph (wisely waiting to see Nnamdi's numbers)- Texans
Marshall- Niners

Clements- cut

Franklin and Lawson- Sign elsewhere
Goldson- signs with Niners

Niners go after Matt Roth of Cleveland (OLB), Marshall (CB), pick up NT Kelly Gregg (released from Baltimore), and C Shaun O'Hara (released by Giants).
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Asomugha- Jets
Joseph (wisely waiting to see Nnamdi's numbers)- Texans
Marshall- Niners

Clements- cut

Franklin and Lawson- Sign elsewhere
Goldson- signs with Niners

Niners go after Matt Roth of Cleveland (OLB), Marshall (CB), pick up NT Kelly Gregg (released from Baltimore), and C Shaun O'Hara (released by Giants).

MD, this seems like a reasonable prescription. The Niners need another big body on the DL to replace Franklin on short yardage. O'Hara may be more available than Kruetz. Asomugha may simply want to share the field with Revis. Yet, he would allow Fangio a lot of freedom. The Niners have even more money than the Jets. If Laboy goes, then the Niners could look at Roth or another OLB. I'd like to see them retain Lawson. He can cover the TEs while Aldon Smith rushes the QB.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by susweel:
Joseph
Share 49ersWebzone