LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bingo. Our OL is makeshift at best right now. We have serious issues at C and RG and it's been this way for YEARS. Meanwhile, ALL our division opponents have not only fixed theirs, but added more weapons. The WR weapons I'm less worried about because in our 4-WIDE set is half the time the same as the 2TE set, just shifted. Crabtree --- Walker ---- OL OL OL OL OL ---- Davis ---- Morgan

But again, what is our OL? ... Staley-Iupati- ? -Rachal-A.Davis. And the rest of our division ...

Seattle: Okung-Gallery-Unger-Moffitt-Carpenter
St. Louis: Saffold-Bell-Fraley-Dahl-J.Smith
Arizona: Keith-Colledge-Sendlein-Lutui-L.Brown

Note on AZ: The Zone severely underrates their line, which is much different now. And the Cards' OL was beat up when they faced us. This group is improved.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This is not "rebuilding". This is "no building". We are either "low-balling" free agents, or "no-balling" free agents.

We are fully prepared to go into the season with whoever is under contract, and hope that coaching makes enough of a difference to get us to 8-8 so that players MIGHT actually want to come here thinking that JH has something good in the works for the future.

As mentioned by you and I and many others, this is an unbelievably and sickeningly risky strategy that is almost sure to fail. We are going to have to hope that we can land someone good next year and that all our draft picks will help us fill in the gaps we have now...

Maybe they'll just use the comp picks as a safety net, and will trade away our tradeable picks for a starter or two.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks have built an offensive line that looks like this:
Okung-Gallery-Unger-Moffitt-Carpenter, have Mike Williams and Sidney Rice on the outside and Zach Miller in the middle of the field. They are a QB away, and will find someone either in the draft or free agency or trade next year. They are making the moves to get in position to win. We are years away from any form of contending.

At the same time, Arizona paid a big price to get Kolb, but now have a decent shot with Fitzgerald, Todd Heap, and possibly, Braylon Edwards.

I think Jim Harbaugh was a great hire, but this mythological, god-like crowning by many on the board is absurd. A nickel and dime corner starting for the Niners is not going to be able to compete with this, no matter the "greatness" of Harbaugh. Homerism has made many people's mind like pudding.

Bingo. Our OL is makeshift at best right now. We have serious issues at C and RG and it's been this way for YEARS. Meanwhile, ALL our division opponents have not only fixed theirs, but added more weapons. The WR weapons I'm less worried about because in our 4-WIDE set is half the time the same as the 2TE set, just shifted. Crabtree --- Walker ---- OL OL OL OL OL ---- Davis ---- Morgan

But again, what is our OL? ... Staley-Iupati- ? -Rachal-A.Davis. And the rest of our division ...

Seattle: Okung-Gallery-Unger-Moffitt-Carpenter
St. Louis: Saffold-Bell-Fraley-Dahl-J.Smith
Arizona: Keith-Colledge-Sendlein-Lutui-L.Brown

Note on AZ: The Zone severely underrates their line, which is much different now. And the Cards' OL was beat up when they faced us. This group is improved.

LOL love you guys draft analysis but this is classic.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 190836:
With our free agent losses, they are thinking very logically and i agree with their moves or lack of moves so far.

Franklin leaves and ICE replaces him so Ray Mac moves to DE= a little worse against the run...a few yards per game but better pass rush for sure

TKO leaves and bowman replaces him= not much of a drop off in run or pass coverage, and bowman has tons of speed (what did he have 17 tackles in the arizona game?)

Lawson leaves and replaced by Aldon Smith/Brooks= a little worse against the run but better against the pass

Goldson...if he leaves Reggie smith takes over and Mays starts opposite him= save a few million on the cap, lose a few tackles and maybe 3 or so int's (but then again Smith might perform well and so may Mays)

These losses total to our team Defense being worse against the run but better against the pass which is more important these days and is where our team has struggled for the past 5 years. This is what we all wanted to become better against the pass and for that to happen, we need 1 more cb for sure but our improved pass rush might help out clements (if he stays) and compamy.

What do you think about this line of reasoning?

I think so far as a unit on D, we lost some run D but gained pass rush.....and of we actually get a cb like cromartie or joseph our pass d will excell.

How could this be a good move, when all the replacement players that you mentioned are second stringers in a bad team? These guys wouldn't even be in the final roster of a serious contender.

How could this not be a good move....2nd stringer or not they are still better at rushing the passer than their first string counterpart....that much is obvious

Now Bass is gone, how do you justify that? That makes it, Bass, Spikes, Franklin,Lawson and probably more to come. This your building through the draft. Welcome to the world of Yorks as the owners.

The sky fell on this poor fellow.
The memories of a fun offseason fill this thread
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
ian williams, alex smith as our only hints of signees is not smart. we have been a mediocre team and need better players. im not saying sign nnamdi, dahl, charles johnson, lron mcclain, and (insert good qb here) but we need to make a move or two.

obviously developing from within has not been a strong suit

well within we have a few great pieces in gore willis vernon and some really good pieces in iupati not to mention some solid players in staley baas goldson crabtree (will be at least solid)...

we do need a better rg and cb and qb......but for now ill be happy with a cb

You have Goldson highly overrated IMO.

Oops
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I thought it was a good pick up; however, I didn't know that he would be this good.

Carlos ROGERS (no D in his name) has always been good. His primary issue was catching the ball. The guy has a lot of talent and hopefully we can resign him.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Carlos ROGERS (no D in his name) has always been good. His primary issue was catching the ball. The guy has a lot of talent and hopefully we can resign him.

When the Niners got him I checked out some Redskin forums and the intelligent consensus seemed to be that he was by far their best cover corner. I felt pretty good after that.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's time to serve up some Baalke crow ....

Grab your forks fellas... and you KNOW who YOU are.

of course you too, since you were sooooooooo sure we were going to have a "huge drop-off" with RJF taking over for Sopoaga in the middle.

Its ok, we all want the Niners' best
Baalke is Right!
I guess Baalke's signings have turns out to be pretty good. Still, something about this graphic I did when we lost out on Nnamdi and other CB's makes me laugh.

Originally posted by Psinex:
I guess Baalke's signings have turns out to be pretty good. Still, something about this graphic I did when we lost out on Nnamdi and other CB's makes me laugh.

Now I need a new shirt! Hilarious!

Share 49ersWebzone