There are 244 users in the forums

To be or NOT to be - Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I bet he improves this upcoming year but I think his 2nd year under Harbaugh he'll shine and become a legit #1 WR
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I hope that jurovich guy gets a chance, especially since he is putting in work with Alex and Morgan.

Jurovich sux too. We need to thank our drunk GM for passing up DeSean Jackson TWICE for a couple busts named Kentwan and Chilo.

I bet if you looked back at that draft we had the worst 1st and 2nd round picks

Well maybe Jurovich can replace Zeigler or some other fan favorite who is wasting space, who will be this year's M.Rob??

BTW it was kind of funny that Kentwan still had trouble getting on the field once he got to seattle...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:
I bet he improves this upcoming year but I think his 2nd year under Harbaugh he'll shine and become a legit #1 WR
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pro Bowl-caliber WR

Needs a complete offense to help him produce.

Starts with a line that can block...a RB that can gain yards to take pressure off the passing game...and a QB who can get him the ball.

If you put Crabtree with someone like Peyton Manning and the Colts, he'd be one of the best WR's in the league.
Originally posted by jrg:
Pro Bowl-caliber WR

Starts with a line that can block...a RB that can gain yards to take pressure off the passing game...and a QB who can get him the ball.

If you put Crabtree with someone like Peyton Manning and the Colts, he'd be one of the best WR's in the league.

Pro Bowl-caliber WR

this comment pissed me off. time to leave the zone for a bit.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Pro Bowl-caliber WR

this comment pissed me off. time to leave the zone for a bit.

My crystal ball tells me that if Manning played for the 9ers last year he would be having surgery on his back, legs, neck and shoulder this off-season. My crystal ball is seldom wrong...seldom used.

If you put any wr with someone like Peyton Manning and the Colts, he'd be one of the best WR's in the league.

fixed
Pro Bowl-caliber WR

No if Crab consistently ran poor routes and tipped up INTs Manning would have chewed his ass out 5 times and had him sit on the bench. People see the Colts take guys who arent the best athletes and assume "wow Peyton can make any WR good!". But the guys they take all have 1 thing in common, they run good routes and they have pretty good hands. Crabtree is neither. And if someone doesnt do their job Peyton gets in their face.
  • Veteran
Pro Bowl-caliber WR

You are not serious, are you?

Originally posted by 9erred:
Why does Peyton Manning make his WR's look like pro bowlers? He is a franchise qb and he demands that WR's stick around and play catch with him all off season. That is why UDFA like Blair White looked better last year than Crabtree.

Crabtree could be great if he realizes this is the PRO's, you need to show up year round and have a sixth sense about the person who is your qb.

At the same time, Marvin Harrison had some 700-800 yard seasons before Manning exploded and only then did Harrison start putting up 1400-1500 yard seasons with 100 catches. Crabtree needs a pro bowl type QB.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Why does Peyton Manning make his WR's look like pro bowlers? He is a franchise qb and he demands that WR's stick around and play catch with him all off season. That is why UDFA like Blair White looked better last year than Crabtree.

Crabtree could be great if he realizes this is the PRO's, you need to show up year round and have a sixth sense about the person who is your qb.

At the same time, Marvin Harrison had some 700-800 yard seasons before Manning exploded and only then did Harrison start putting up 1400-1500 yard seasons with 100 catches. Crabtree needs a pro bowl type QB.

Everyone needs a Probowl QB. What is he willing to do without one is the question. No matter what we will have a season and most likely a full season this year. There is no way that a "Manning" type QB would stand for his #1 receiver to be in town and not be at the workouts.

Peyton Manning makes his receivers look like pro bowlers because Peyton Manning is a beast. Plain and simple.
The double standard on 49WZ is absolutely mind boggling and laughable.

After 2 seasons a lot of you say time to get rid of Crabtree. No mention that he hasnt lived up to expectations because of terrible play calling, terrible coaching, a terrible offensive line....nothing. Its because of Crabtree's talent level.

After 6 seasons, a lot of you say we should probably bring Alex Smith back. But Alex hasnt lived up to expectations because of terrible play calling, terrible coaching, a terrible offensive line.....everything. Its not because of Alex's talent level.

I honestly feel like a lot of you guys value hard work and being a nice guy over being talented. Yes, Crabtree deserves a big kick in the ass so that maybe he can take that next step. But to chastise him for his lack of production (if you can really even call it that), but not use the same excuses for him as Alex is absolutely ridiculous.
Sign me up with the crowd that thinks that improvement at the QB position along with a more creative and wide open offense Crabtree will have better numbers. I would be happier to hear that he is practicing with the QB he will probably be playing with though. I think that Harbaugh will get more out of the QB and WR's with his offense than we have seen in the past few years.
Share 49ersWebzone