There are 257 users in the forums

To be or NOT to be - Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Like a lot of 49er fans, I was elated when he fell to us in the draft. Todate his performance has been about average and his attitude is piss-poor. I feel this is his make or break season. I keep thinking of the Lions drafting Williams from USC and how long they held on to him before he was let go.

Is Crabtree part of the solution or part of the problem? I feel he either puts up or he's gone. Talent is meaningless if it doesn't produce results.

If he has another average season would you keep him, trade him and what would you ask for in a trade?
3rd rounder maybe?
I think its fair to say you guys know my stance on Crabtree but there is no way in hell we trade him after this season.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Like a lot of 49er fans, I was elated when he fell to us in the draft. Todate his performance has been about average and his attitude is piss-poor. I feel this is his make or break season. I keep thinking of the Lions drafting Williams from USC and how long they held on to him before he was let go.

Is Crabtree part of the solution or part of the problem? I feel he either puts up or he's gone. Talent is meaningless if it doesn't produce results.

If he has another average season would you keep him, trade him and what would you ask for in a trade?

edit.
[ Edited by JayBee on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM ]
he's definitely underachieved thus far. But why can't we give him the same excuses we've given Axle Smith for 6 years? He's had no QB, no decent coaching, etc... Harbaugh will expose the bums on this team. Would not be surprised to see Crabtree be one of them.
Originally posted by FreddyG:
I think its fair to say you guys know my stance on Crabtree but there is no way in hell we trade him after this season.

Agreed, barring a T.O like tantrum filled season, he will be back for a 4th season (regardless of his production)
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he's definitely underachieved thus far. But why can't we give him the same excuses we've given Axle Smith for 6 years? He's had no QB, no decent coaching, etc... Harbaugh will expose the bums on this team. Would not be surprised to see Crabtree be one of them.

Agreed on the excuses part but at least Alex shows up.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

dont wanna turn this into an alexcuses thread, but holding out, missing TC, preseason, etc...its no surprise that there was no chemistry. that is his fault...
i think once the mini-camps start he will be there. he's already in the area, but he doesnt wanna put in the work unless it is meaningful. I'm guessing he doesnt think playing catch is good enough. I'm sure he's staying in shape tho.
I'll trade him for Oher straight up, that's who we would've drafted had Oakland selected Crabtree instead of DHB. But what position would RT Davis move to then if we got Oher? Isn't it obvious? He'd be our newest WR.
so much hate for crabtree?? he's our best wr...alot of players are not participating in these "mini camps"...i believe he'll be there when it matters..when u watch film he is always down field blockin and celebrating other guys td's with them..but he gets called shelfish..i dont get it

It's more disappointment than hate. You would think a young, top 10 selection would want to put every effort in to get better for himself and the team. I think we can clearly see that "every effort" is far from what Crabtree has displayed thus far.

So yeah... disappointment is totally justified here.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Mangini was right he's a diva.
He will have his 1000+ yards and 10+ TD season this year, I guarantee it
Why does Peyton Manning make his WR's look like pro bowlers? He is a franchise qb and he demands that WR's stick around and play catch with him all off season. That is why UDFA like Blair White looked better last year than Crabtree.

Crabtree could be great if he realizes this is the PRO's, you need to show up year round and have a sixth sense about the person who is your qb.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Why does Peyton Manning make his WR's look like pro bowlers?

i would've said "Ball Placement"
Share 49ersWebzone