LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

just heard on nfl live that the niners are intrested in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for unst4bl3.
Originally posted by ReverendRashad15:
wonder if we can get asomha to cross the bay tho ..

it would be nice, but id rather get the dude from teh panthers and a few other young guys for less, than we could prob get asomugha by himself.
For the money you would spend on Nnamdi.
You could sign G M. Yanda, CBs R. Marshall and C. Houston.

Yanda and Iupati would be one of the best Guard tandems in the NFL for the next 10 years.
Marshall and Houston are two young CBs who are very underrated but very talented.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
much rather have Joesph from the Bengals than him

Joseph would be a considerable upgrade over anything our secondary currently offers
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SaksV:
Carlos Rogers from Washington would be a better look than Taylor at this point in my opinion.

that guy cant catch a cold dont get me wrong i would love to have him he is a great cover corner but ike taylor fits our needs better he is a press corner which is what we need with our new defesnve scheme

my choises are

namdi joepsh taylor grimes and cromatie

He can't catch a cold but he's a great corner? Explain this logic, sir. Are you saying his hands aren't great? That's okay, he's not playing WR.
[ Edited by SaksV on May 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Carlos Rogers from Washington would be a better look than Taylor at this point in my opinion.

that guy cant catch a cold dont get me wrong i would love to have him he is a great cover corner but ike taylor fits our needs better he is a press corner which is what we need with our new defesnve scheme

my choises are

He can't catch a cold but he's a great corner? Explain this logic, sir. Are you saying his hands aren't great? That's okay, he's not playing WR.

He's a good cover CB, but guaranteed you will curse his name out multiple times when he drops gimme INT's

my choises are

yes that means he has bad hands it is ok but its will be kinda annoying if we watch him play and he drops a lot of easy int but i definitally wouldnt mind signing him
whats hard to understand he is a great cover corner but cant get the int
Ike taylor

personally i would love to add him on our squard he only allowed 1 td pass last year and is a great pressure CB

having Taylor Clements and Spencer who are all press corners will be a great secondary tandem as they all have strengths which match up to our new defensive scheme

PS sorry to keep you guys in suspense

thoughts?

edit: this is per john clayton and he is usually on point
here's mine. Ike Taylor is old and his overachievements are on the downslide...We already have an old man in the secondary that needs to show up or ship. The mistake of paying an average player top dollar has happened in the secondary already to this team from Clements to my favorite DB ever Primetime 21...so if this team goes that rout the only player worth the investment due to ties with the training staff is across the bay people! Im not to sure anyone feels thats worth the dough...maybe but maybe not!
[ Edited by DaBallhawk21 on May 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by DaBallhawk21:
Ike taylor

personally i would love to add him on our squard he only allowed 1 td pass last year and is a great pressure CB

having Taylor Clements and Spencer who are all press corners will be a great secondary tandem as they all have strengths which match up to our new defensive scheme

thoughts?

here's mine. Ike Taylor is old and his overachievements are on the downslide...We already have an old man in the secondary that needs to show up or ship. The mistake of paying an average player top dollar has happened in the secondary already to this team from Clements to my favorite DB ever Primetime 21...so if this team goes that rout the only player worth the investment due to ties with the training staff is across the bay people! Im not to sure anyone feels thats worth the dough...maybe but maybe not!

Deion was in his prime on the Niners...
Originally posted by aman49:
Ike taylor

thoughts?

Yeah.. he was on the niners pre-cowboys. Wasn't it the year after JR and him got into it at the last niners v. falcons game before he switched sides and become a niner.

Like saying Romo (Bill not Tony) was past his prime on the niners... yet he is best known for being a bronco, a team he went to after the niners.

edited for semantics
[ Edited by 5280High on May 31, 2011 at 3:37 PM ]
Both Nate & Spencer are average players we need a big time upgrade like Nnamdi Asomugha

i would rather take my chance with Ike then Clements all that money we paid for this chump & he's yet to make a pro bowl

Originally posted by 5280High:
Ike taylor

thoughts?

Yeah.. he was on the niners pre-cowboys. Wasn't it the year after JR and him got into it at the last niners v. falcons game before he switched sides and become a niner.

Like saying Romo (Bill not Tony) was past his prime on the niners... yet he is best known for being a bronco, the team he went to after the niners.

romo had a stop in philly in between sf and den
Originally posted by crabman82:
Ike taylor

thoughts?

Like saying Romo (Bill not Tony) was past his prime on the niners... yet he is best known for being a bronco, the team he went to after the niners.

romo had a stop in philly in between sf and den

True, but the point is that he is most known for his play with the Broncos... and spitting in JJ Stokes face.
Back to the point, if we want an instant upgrade for our overall secondary. Forget Nnamdi and spend just a little more and secure Joseph & Marshall.

Nnamdi would be awesome, but getting two corners that would be upgrades might take some additional pressure off whoever is gonna be playing safety for us. Then cut Nate, and let Spencer, Adams, Will Smith/Peterson (if he's still on the team) and our rookies start competing for nickel and depth.
Back to the point, if we want an instant upgrade for our overall secondary. Forget Nnamdi and spend just a little more and secure Joseph & Marshall.

Nnamdi would be awesome, but getting two corners that would be upgrades might take some additional pressure off whoever is gonna be playing safety for us. Then cut Nate, and let Spencer, Adams, Will Smith/Peterson (if he's still on the team) and our rookies start competing for nickel and depth.

do you think they might bring in a big name like Nnamdi to boost ticket sales and merchandise?
Originally posted by skynet907:

do you think they might bring in a big name like Nnamdi to boost ticket sales and merchandise?

Not really, unless your name is Revis and ESPN has a mancrush on you, CB's aren't the stars on the team. If they play great, then their name never gets mentioned. They are like the defensive version of O-Lineman. They get the occassional interception, or maybe a sack from a blitz, but they don't get to lay the lumber like LB's or sacks like DL or ballhawk like safeties.

I would love to add Nnamdi, but it's hard to imagine the front office thinking they will recoup much money from what ever record-breaking contract they give him from ticket & Jersey sales. However, if they think they will win more games with Nnamdi then with Marshal & Joseph in this hypothetical situation, then yeah it would lead to better ticket sales and they could market Nnamdi as the reason why. But I would guess the marketing team would rather focus on Willis, or an offensive player as the reason why wins increased.

For example, I live in Denver and Champ Bailey has been a stud for the past decade, but he gets forgotten about on the team since offenses rarely go his direction. For all the great plays he's made, fans still remember how he got chased down on the one yard line by a TE (Ben Watson) after intercepting Brady and returning it 100 yards. The bronco's never converted the TD and blamed Bailey rather then acknowledging the great play he made initially.
[ Edited by 5280High on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone