LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Isaac Sopoaga moving to NT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Soap aint fat enough to play the nose. We need a fat ass in the middle

You mean like this guy? 360 Lbs.

I guess you're right... at 330 lbs, Sopoaga isn't fat. He's muscle.

Vince Wilfork is by far the better player between the two. Fat wins again.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Im all for it.......that man is a line mover......he is sole reason why Justin Smith is a Pro Bowler.

Right, it has nothing to do with endless motor and better play in Justin Smith.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Too bad we passed on him for "I'm taking a fishing trip in the" Woods.

I'd hope Wilfork was better. He was a better prospect coming out of college than those two combined and then some.

Still... that doesn't always mean they'll be the better pro NT.

This guy (320):

Starts at NT over this guy (350):

Ngata plays DE because Gregg is just that much better playing NT.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Too bad we passed on him for "I'm taking a fishing trip in the" Woods.

I'd hope Wilfork was better. He was a better prospect coming out of college than those two combined and then some.

Still... that doesn't always mean they'll be the better pro NT.

This guy (320):

Starts at NT over this guy (350):

Ngata plays DE because Gregg is just that much better playing NT.

I know I know, I just think Soap is an above average 34 end I don't think he would be a better player then he currently is at nose.
double

[ Edited by RichmondPete on May 10, 2011 at 17:02:51 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I know I know, I just think Soap is an above average 34 end I don't think he would be a better player then he currently is at nose.

Nah, I agree with you. Soap gets his job done one Sunday, that's good enough for me.

If he can do that at NT, I won't be upset if we lose Franklin.
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by ttime:
Im all for it.......that man is a line mover......he is sole reason why Justin Smith is a Pro Bowler.

I disagree with this. He has absolutely nothing to do with Justin Smith being a pro-bowler. Soap gets zero penetration and due to this, make it easier for the offense to block Manny or who ever else in playing next to him. He holds the line well and enables Willis to make plays, but as far as him being a play maker, he is the strongest weakest link on the DL.

The strongest weakest link.....what does that even mean,....he's the Merlin Olsen to the Deacon Jones.

how many times he benched 225 at the combine...hes strong...but a weak player...*sigh*

very exactly that!! He looks like strong but a weak player. he is damn a fool for us. He is always limit his play for short time when he stay a strong.. If he stay for play long mins when he will be weakest for easy..

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on May 10, 2011 at 18:21:21 ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I disagree with this. He has absolutely nothing to do with Justin Smith being a pro-bowler. Soap gets zero penetration and due to this, make it easier for the offense to block Manny or who ever else in playing next to him. He holds the line well and enables Willis to make plays, but as far as him being a play maker, he is the strongest weakest link on the DL.

The strongest weakest link.....what does that even mean,....he's the Merlin Olsen to the Deacon Jones.

how many times he benched 225 at the combine...hes strong...but a weak player...*sigh*

very exactly that!! He looks like strong but a weak player. he is damn a fool for us. He is always limit his play for short time when he stay a strong.. If he stay for play long mins when he will be weakest for easy..

[ Edited by PTulini on May 10, 2011 at 18:36:05 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

I dont know what he was tryin to say...lol
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

I know the 49ers' website lists Ricky Jean-Francois at 295 pounds, but if I'm not mistaken, he's now somewhere between 310-315!

When hes 325 330 hes ready to start

But Aubrayo Franklin is 6'1 and 317?

Franklin is more than 317 now. He might have been 317 3 years ago hes a probably 330+ now. You can see the difference in size on tv lol. When RJF has Franklin size shoulders,triceps and thighs hes ready to be a nose guard.

49ers spoke to Soap?

You know goddell already hates us

kiss our first rounder goodbye
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers spoke to Soap?

You know goddell already hates us

kiss our first rounder goodbye

lol and jim playin catch with alex now we'll end up with no picks next year

I have to disagree Buzz...Just because he isn't flashy and doesn't get the big sacks or turnovers, doesn't mean he's a weak-link. He gives a lot of opportunities for other players on the team to do so. It's nice to know you have a player that isn't going to get taken advantage of by the opposing linemen, meaning, they won't be able to to run their plays to their fullest potential, at least not on Soap's side...

[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on May 10, 2011 at 19:13:23 ]
  • ttime
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I have to disagree Buzz...Just because he isn't flashy and doesn't get the big sacks or turnovers, doesn't mean he's a weak-link. He gives a lot of opportunities for other players on the team to do so. It's nice to know you have a player that isn't going to get taken advantage of by the opposing linemen, meaning, they won't be able to to run their plays to their fullest potential, at least not on Soap's side...

Soap get's in the way so that somebody else can make the play. More often than not , he won't. He plays like a virgin as he gets no penetration.
Definity possible.
Share 49ersWebzone