LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

How will Kaepernick see playing time in 2011?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How will Kaepernick see playing time in 2011?

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by kaepernickel:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Zero. He won't play.

Yeah. Why isn't that an option?

Because we all know deep down that is not a realistic option.

Agreed anyone that thinks the Bust will last a full season as starter hasn't watched the last 6 years. lmao

Exactly anyone would be a bust playing for the 49ers for the last 6 years behind that Oline and with that horrible coaching staff

blaming the OLine = Alexcuse #3

thinking o line has nothing to do with qb success = clueless fan

Aaron Rodgers might disagree...

Bringing up Aaron Rodgers also = clueless fan

He replaced an old part of a machine that was already running smoothly. Alex on the other hand was placed into a machine that was built by idiots and driven by even bigger idiots.

He still was one of the most sacked QB's 2 years ago and put up big #'s, so the oline excuse is just that, an excuse.

Good QB's put up #'s. PERIOD.

I think many of Rodgers sacks come from him holding onto the ball longer than most QBs. While OL is a factor to a QB's success, it isn't the only one. A QB has to capitalize on the opportunities he does have to make plays, and Rodgers has done better than most when he does have the ability to make a play.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Zero. He won't play.

Yeah. Why isn't that an option?

Because we all know deep down that is not a realistic option.

Agreed anyone that thinks the Bust will last a full season as starter hasn't watched the last 6 years. lmao

Exactly anyone would be a bust playing for the 49ers for the last 6 years behind that Oline and with that horrible coaching staff

blaming the OLine = Alexcuse #3

thinking o line has nothing to do with qb success = clueless fan

Aaron Rodgers might disagree...

Bringing up Aaron Rodgers also = clueless fan

He replaced an old part of a machine that was already running smoothly. Alex on the other hand was placed into a machine that was built by idiots and driven by even bigger idiots.

He still was one of the most sacked QB's 2 years ago and put up big #'s, so the oline excuse is just that, an excuse.

Good QB's put up #'s. PERIOD.

I think many of Rodgers sacks come from him holding onto the ball longer than most QBs. While OL is a factor to a QB's success, it isn't the only one. A QB has to capitalize on the opportunities he does have to make plays, and Rodgers has done better than most when he does have the ability to make a play.

Rodgers also sat on the bench for 3-4 full season....
It would be better if Kaepernick did not see significant playing time in 2011. I want him developed, not thrown to the wolves.

So maybe we need a vet to compete for this years starting role with Smith, assuming Smith wants to come back, and an undrafted FA for the PS and as a long shot. Developing qb's does seem to be a Harbaugh area. So let's get this FA thing going!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I am in favor of getting a real vet qb not named smith and developing him. I will tell you right now Cap would be out smith in the pre season. He has football instincts something AS never has and never will have. He should be developed. But if our only other option is alex f**king smith. I say start him!

Your not saying this just because your from Nevada are you.

.......just checking.

The Nevadans know it is "Kap" or "Kaep" not "Cap". Sounds like a Boise St. fan who has seen the light.

Until proven otherwise I have total faith in Harbaugh. If he likes Alex I'm on board (even though I was personally done with Alex year one). I vow to not wretch or react upon Alex's first miscue. And I hope all of NinerNation can join in with me and find that deep down patience we thought we'd lost.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Alex might get a shoulder injury OR Alex plays like s**t.

I'll have to go with this.
[ Edited by SanFranMan on May 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM ]
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I am in favor of getting a real vet qb not named smith and developing him. I will tell you right now Cap would be out smith in the pre season. He has football instincts something AS never has and never will have. He should be developed. But if our only other option is alex f**king smith. I say start him!

Your not saying this just because your from Nevada are you.

.......just checking.

The Nevadans know it is "Kap" or "Kaep" not "Cap". Sounds like a Boise St. fan who has seen the light.

Until proven otherwise I have total faith in Harbaugh. If he likes Alex I'm on board (even though I was personally done with Alex year one). I vow to not wretch or react upon Alex's first miscue. And I hope all of NinerNation can join in with me and find that deep down patience we thought we'd lost.

Check around a few of the threads, like the Vernon Davis one, and see if you still feel there may be patience.
no one will see time in 2011. There isn't going to be a season.

but if there is, he'll go in on gimmicky plays. A'la' Tebow did last year.
I hope real bad that Kap gets a full ballgame.

I'd actually be kind of nervous if there wasn't even a little quarterback controversy in Santa Clara next summer.
Kap will see some PT if we're leading in STL on Sunday. We don't need an Adrian Peterson type of injury on the last week of the season vs the Lambs and Kellen Clemens.
looks like he wont get much time unless we blow them out early

Originally posted by zillabeast:

I'd actually be kind of nervous if there wasn't even a little quarterback controversy in Santa Clara next summer.

why? Alex is playing well and we're winning a lot of games.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

why? Alex is playing well and we're winning a lot of games.

why ask why? some fans are idiots. its ok to be an idiot.
[ Edited by Humboldt9er on Dec 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM ]
Being that the Rams game has become a "must win," and they always seem to bring their A game against us, I don't see Kaep getting any touches this Sunday. We always seem to play down to our level of competition, too. While this should be a blowout game, it won't be. I see a tough battle with a 9-12 point lead in the 4th quarter.

That's not enough to throw Kaep in.
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Being that the Rams game has become a "must win," and they always seem to bring their A game against us, I don't see Kaep getting any touches this Sunday. We always seem to play down to our level of competition, too. While this should be a blowout game, it won't be. I see a tough battle with a 9-12 point lead in the 4th quarter.

That's not enough to throw Kaep in.

26-0 lol
Alex get's tackled and is shaken up in a losing attempt in the Superbowl to the Patriots. Kapernick comes in and leads a 4td comeback against Tom Brady

Even if Gire
Share 49ersWebzone