LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick’s Throwing Style

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
His motion is probably the reason he can sling it 60 yards on a line. I'll take the extra %2 chance it gets stripped from behind

please show me where he does that

Show you? Uhhh no? How about you trust people who've watched him play foozball?

"- Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick had the strongest arm in camp."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/423314-the-manning-passing-academy-the-grades-are-in

Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick met with 14 teams at the NFL scouting combine, and he displayed the best velocity of any quarterback during testing that measures how many miles per hour.

According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick threw the football 59 miles per hour. Kaepernick is a former Chicago Cubs draft selection and an all-state baseball player who threw 94 miles per hour.

That edged out Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett (58 miles per hour) and Auburn quarterback Cam Newton (56 miles per hour).

The Nevada standout is the lone quarterback in Division I history to pass for over 10,000 career yards and also rush for 4,000 yards.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/3/28/2076749/2011-nfl-draft-the-colts-to-workout-colin-kaepernick

I know he was a ptcher and all of that ,2 no-hitters bla bla bla...., but a 60 yard rope....come on.
His motion is probably the reason he can sling it 60 yards on a line. I'll take the extra %2 chance it gets stripped from behind

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/423314-the-manning-passing-academy-the-grades-are-in

Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick met with 14 teams at the NFL scouting combine, and he displayed the best velocity of any quarterback during testing that measures how many miles per hour.

According to a league source with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick threw the football 59 miles per hour. Kaepernick is a former Chicago Cubs draft selection and an all-state baseball player who threw 94 miles per hour.

That edged out Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett (58 miles per hour) and Auburn quarterback Cam Newton (56 miles per hour).

The Nevada standout is the lone quarterback in Division I history to pass for over 10,000 career yards and also rush for 4,000 yards.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/3/28/2076749/2011-nfl-draft-the-colts-to-workout-colin-kaepernick

I know he was a ptcher and all of that ,2 no-hitters bla bla bla...., but a 60 yard rope....come on.

59 mile an hour football, its not that crazy. You could probably create an equation to prove it if you want. I will retract and revise to 50 yard rope, is that ok?

59 mile an hour football, its not that crazy. You could probably create an equation to prove it if you want. I will retract and revise to 50 yard rope, is that ok?

ok, 50...maybe...lol

ok, 50...maybe...lol

Kaep has the fastest throw in the combine (59mph). Faster than Mallet's (58mph), who was supposed to have the STRONGEST arm in the combine.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

ok, 50...maybe...lol

Kaep has the fastest throw in the combine (59mph). Faster than Mallet's (58mph), who was supposed to have the STRONGEST arm in the combine.

Here's an article mentioning Kaep's 59 mph throw.
pfff whatever... Alex HAS...not "can"... but HAS thrown 100mph, he only chooses to showcase this talent when there is receiver 5 yards away though.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Originally posted by tsty:
The kids throwing motion is interesting ala Cunningham but what worked for Randall and Warren Moon(every one had doubts about him too)will work for Kaerpernick.

GO NINERS

The doubts about Moon were do to his skin color not his throwing motion. At that time teams just didn't believe a black QB could be a franchise all-pro. As a result he didn't get drafted. If Moon were white, he would have been a top 10 pick that year.

Not trying to pile on but......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/colin-kaepernick-may-be-making-cutler-like-climb/

According to FOX Sports’ Adam Caplan, Kaepernick was “great” on Monday and “by far” the best quarterback in practice on Wednesday. CBS’ Rob Rang noted Kaepernick’s “spectacular” arm strength. Rotoworld’s Michael Schottey observed that Kaepernick “threw the ball as well as anyone,” generating “buzz from team scouts.”

Of course, NFL Network’s Mike Mayock already knew about Kaepernick’s “huge” arm. At the 2010 Manning Quarterback camp, Mayock recalled seeing Eli and Peyton so awed they were “giggling” about the 23-year-old’s howitzer. Said Mayock after watching one of Kaepernick’s Thursday throws, “Did you see the RPMs there? Man, I’d love to work with that kid.”

[ Edited by natrone06 on May 9, 2011 at 23:01:54 ]
His motion isn't the prettiest but it works for him and there is no need to change it right now. Not everyone throws the same and your throwing motion isn't going to ultimately determime if you are going to be a good QB or not.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Originally posted by tsty:
The kids throwing motion is interesting ala Cunningham but what worked for Randall and Warren Moon(every one had doubts about him too)will work for Kaerpernick.

GO NINERS

The doubts about Moon were do to his skin color not his throwing motion. At that time teams just didn't believe a black QB could be a franchise all-pro. As a result he didn't get drafted. If Moon were white, he would have been a top 10 pick that year.

Not sure I'm seeing the relation to that and a racist like Rush Limbaugh.

Most people in the NFL world agree with my previous statement. You won't find many that agree with Limbaugh's blatant hate.

Moon won the MVP in the Rose Bowl his last year at Washington.... then scouts told the future HOF QB that he would need to switch to TE to play in the NFL lol.

Originally posted by natrone06:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/colin-kaepernick-may-be-making-cutler-like-climb/

According to FOX Sports’ Adam Caplan, Kaepernick was “great” on Monday and “by far” the best quarterback in practice on Wednesday. CBS’ Rob Rang noted Kaepernick’s “spectacular” arm strength. Rotoworld’s Michael Schottey observed that Kaepernick “threw the ball as well as anyone,” generating “buzz from team scouts.”

Of course, NFL Network’s Mike Mayock already knew about Kaepernick’s “huge” arm. At the 2010 Manning Quarterback camp, Mayock recalled seeing Eli and Peyton so awed they were “giggling” about the 23-year-old’s howitzer. Said Mayock after watching one of Kaepernick’s Thursday throws, “Did you see the RPMs there? Man, I’d love to work with that kid.”

Ive heard all of that but a 60 yard rope isnt possible
Maybe his funky throwing style is necessary to accommodate his unusually small (9.1" ) hands?

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 10, 2011 at 07:05:12 ]
The kid could throw the ball with his feet for all I care. Just get it out on time and accurately!

You may or may not be correct. Just let the legend of Kaepernick blossum.

[ Edited by RichmondPete on May 10, 2011 at 14:21:33 ]

You are very wrong about that.

Share 49ersWebzone