Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
http://candybarbie.com/2011/05/01/the-day-draft-day-part-3/

Is this his sister's blog?

sisters pretty hot

pause....

...what the hell happened to tori spelling?

holysh*t!! WTF happened to her?

"Why so serious...?"

ROFL That's what I thought when I saw this pic. A little clown makeup and she's ready for the next batman!
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by eddie_arkadia:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
http://candybarbie.com/2011/05/01/the-day-draft-day-part-3/

Is this his sister's blog?

sisters pretty hot

pause....

...what the hell happened to tori spelling?

holysh*t!! WTF happened to her?

I can't tell when her top lip ends and her bottom lip begins....
Originally posted by fan49:
they did another test with him and all other top qb's he got the following at 80% the best out of all.... Back pedaling with defenders in face with hands a total of 8 ft high in his face. about 15 -20 yards back each time. Had to hit a target 80% accuracy. It was the touch test. so he had better touch than dalton, mallett, ponder and more.

Still waiting for this video to be posted online somehere... I only seen the one with Ponder
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by fan49:
they did another test with him and all other top qb's he got the following at 80% the best out of all.... Back pedaling with defenders in face with hands a total of 8 ft high in his face. about 15 -20 yards back each time. Had to hit a target 80% accuracy. It was the touch test. so he had better touch than dalton, mallett, ponder and more.

Still waiting for this video to be posted online somehere... I only seen the one with Ponder

ditto
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Chief:
Beast!

Let him sit a year and Alex Smith start, let him loose next year or the year after.

Two years sitting would be ideal, IMO. I hope we can sign Alex for 2 years to give Colin time to develop.

I'd be OK with that, but Alex is always getting injured. What if he goes down for 3-4 weeks? Do we throw Kaepernick in there?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Beast!

Let him sit a year and Alex Smith start, let him loose next year or the year after.

Two years sitting would be ideal, IMO. I hope we can sign Alex for 2 years to give Colin time to develop.

I'd be OK with that, but Alex is always getting injured. What if he goes down for 3-4 weeks? Do we throw Kaepernick in there?

his injuries were usually do to o line i wouldnt say he is injury prone our o line is extremelly strong now with rachal gon staley and iuati is a beast we have to decide between to good centers in heitmann and baas only ? is davis who should be better with a year under his belt and not having rachal next to him
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Beast!

Yep, throw him in. If he's the second best option, that is. Have to see if we sign another FA for depth/competition. Kaep may be third string to start the season, you never know.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kap is the new Uncle Rico

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Beast!

his injuries were usually do to o line i wouldnt say he is injury prone our o line is extremelly strong now with rachal gon staley and iuati is a beast we have to decide between to good centers in heitmann and baas only ? is davis who should be better with a year under his belt and not having rachal next to him

I wasn't looking for an excuse as to why Alex gets hurt a lot, but there it is anyway.

Let me just say that Aaron Rodgers gets hit a lot, yet he doesn't miss much time due to injury. Same with Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Schaub, Brett Favre and many other QBs. I'm not saying Alex isn't tough, but he isn't an iron man. The excuses for the injuries are irrelevant to the question I presented.

The fact is he gets hit and often gets injured, so what do we do if he goes down and we don't want to throw Kaepernick in there so soon? Do we go with Carr or go ahead and put CK in before we wanted to?
Harbaugh has already stated that Kaep will be playing some, if the season ever gets under way. He'll play in some special packages. I imagine like 2nd and short, where you could use the wildcat, as well as other situations.

Originally posted by susweel:

how much you want to bet i can throw this football over them mountains?????

I love italian or part italian/sicilian qbs they are money especially mixed with african american we will thank his parents for bumping uglies trust me,,,,,,from unitas to montana to marino 3 of the top 5. and uncle rico

plus im italian and sicilian so my money is on colin as well.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by susweel:

how much you want to bet i can throw this football over them mountains?????

I love italian or part italian/sicilian qbs they are money especially mixed with african american we will thank his parents for bumping uglies trust me,,,,,,from unitas to montana to marino 3 of the top 5. and uncle rico

plus im italian and sicilian so my money is on colin as well.

Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Kaepernick has wanted to be a 49er since he was a child... Remember the last 2 guys that wanted to be Niners?? I'll give you a hint, one has won 2 superbowls, and the other won last year.... It's about time we got a QB he wants to, and will take pride in being a 49er!!!

Btw, the answers were Brady, and Rogers....

pretty sure brady has 3. He beat the rams, panthers, and eagles bro

Well, in light of the new information... Kaepernick should have at least 4 in SF before he's done.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Ever since the 49ers took quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the second round of the NFL draft one of the biggest knocks against him is his throwing motion. Coach Jim Harbaugh said after drafting Kaepernick that there is no perfect way to throw a football and he most likely will not mess with his throwing style.

“Anybody who’s ever thrown something, whether it’s picking up a rock and throwing it or throwing a baseball or throwing a football or throwing anything, you throw how you throw. It matters what the ball does more than how you do it,” Harbaugh said.

I will take Harbaugh’s observation over others when it comes to developing
quarterbacks. It is not as if Kaepernick is throwing like Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow where the football comes down from his waist before he throws to his target. When it comes to Kaepernick keep in mind Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers.

Rivers has a unique throwing motion like Kaepernick in which the throwing motion is unusual but the release is quick and accurate. Let’s hope Kaepernick will be like Rivers more than just his throwing motion but also with his success in the NFL.

Link
The only worry about his throwing style I have is the possiblility of the ball getting knocked out as he pulls his arm back to throw, but it wasn't a issue at Nevada so maybe it's not much of a concern. Oher than that all reports are that he gets the ball out pretty quick, so I am not worried. As far a players I've seen him compared to my favorite is Randall Cunningham by Tim Kawakami. Randall had a similar build, a similar game, and he also had a slightly elongated throwing motion. I also saw a comparison to Josh Freeman that I liked. I can see some parallels to Josh, but I don't think it fits nearly as well as Randall. Regardless, if he develops into the type of player that either of those guys are/were we should all be very happy.
Share 49ersWebzone