LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick’s Throwing Style

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He definitely has the Joe Montana bird legs.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

with the style he plays he needs to gain at least 15-20 pounds of muscle
Montana never lost his "bird legs" and he did alright. I don't think there is anything wrong with Kaepernick physically. He's the fastest QB in the draft, he's 6'4.5, about 230lbs. and he's got an absolute cannon for an arm. What more does he need? He's got very fast feet so I'm pretty sure he'll adapt well to being under center and dropping back. He's got a certified QB guru guiding him and a veteran QB of extremely high character to watch for one or possibly a couple years. I agree with Lowell Cohn - he might be a new, bigger version of Steve Young.

I'm very excited about watching the team grow over the next couple of years. After the last 6 years of Nolan and Singletary, this is going to be a cool glass of water.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
what ethnicity is Kaepernick ???

Italian and black

Yeah, his biological father was African-American, and his biological momma was Sicilian. -But you could barely tell he has a shred of African-American in him actually, cause most Sicilians (full-blooded, or 50/50) have a boldly-tanned complexion.

and a big ass nose that he is certainly sporting.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

In an interview with NFLN during the draft (while we were on the clock in the 6th, lulz) Kaepernick said that most of the running he did was by design. That means is isn't "his style" that you were watching, it was the OC. He saidd that only some of the runs were because of breakdowns in protection. Cam Newton is the one that is run happy and will take off at the first sign of an opening.

Expect Kaep to be more of a pocket passer in the NFL. Harbaugh will tell him all about the difference between getting tackled in college and getting lit up pro style. I'm pretty sure Alex Smith will back him up on that one, too.

All that being said, Kaep does a nice job of avoiding the big hits and really protects himself. His field vision when he's running is pretty amazing. I'm not worried about him running with the ball. He knows what he's doing... he's had plenty of practice after all.

Italian and black

he is also adopted. And yes some mixture of Italian, Black, White, etc..... Not sure exactly.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Italian and black

he is also adopted. And yes some mixture of Italian, Black, White, etc..... Not sure exactly.

Personal

Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is the youngest of Rick and Teresa Kaepernick’s three children (brother, Kyle, and a sister, Devon).[1][2] An adopted child, Kaepernick is of mixed European and African descent.[1] He lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin until age four and attended grade school at Turlock, California. He is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.

Kaepernick, who graduated in December 2010 with a bachelors degree in business management, is known to have high character and a relatively unassuming personality off the field, as evidenced by an incident that took place during the summer of 2010 interning at a University of Nevada-themed sports apparel shop in Reno. One woman came in and, completely unaware she was speaking to Kaepernick, asked him to find his jersey. A manager at the store would later recall, "Colin said, ‘I’m pretty sure it’s No. 10, and it’s right over here.’ He rang up her purchase and everything."[1]
[edit] Childhood

The young Kaepernick adjusted easily as a dark-skinned member in a white family, using different colors of crayons for himself and the rest of his family on drawing family portraits, and laughing off some classmates who did not believe that he had white parents.[1] He started youth football at the age of eight years old in Turlock, and played sparingly as a defensive end and punter. He then became his youth team's starting quarterback at age nine. He completed his first competitive pass for a long touchdown. He went on to win several punt, pass, and kick competitions mainly on his passing ability, and he often threw passes over the heads of contest officials. It was then his passion for football began.[1]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he will add 10lbs of man weight pretty easily
He will be good trade bait in a couple years. Alex smith will win a superbowl with harbaugh. Book it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
He will be good trade bait in a couple years. Alex smith will win a superbowl with harbaugh. Book it.

this is what i'm hoping... I'm not expecting superbowl, but hopefully Harbaugh can create a Denver situation (minus the crappy W/L record). He should be able to get the most out of smith and hopefully it will be enough to trade him for something.

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
He's a rebel, he tore up the sleeves. Everybody in the background were in awe.

look at all those other QB scrubs in the background

Where's the thumbs up button?

Oh well, this will do:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Italian and black

Yeah, his biological father was African-American, and his biological momma was Sicilian. -But you could barely tell he has a shred of African-American in him actually, cause most Sicilians (full-blooded, or 50/50) have a boldly-tanned complexion.

At least until you see his heigth, weight and speed
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Montana never lost his "bird legs" and he did alright. I don't think there is anything wrong with Kaepernick physically. He's the fastest QB in the draft, he's 6'4.5, about 230lbs. and he's got an absolute cannon for an arm. What more does he need? He's got very fast feet so I'm pretty sure he'll adapt well to being under center and dropping back. He's got a certified QB guru guiding him and a veteran QB of extremely high character to watch for one or possibly a couple years. I agree with Lowell Cohn - he might be a new, bigger version of Steve Young.

I'm very excited about watching the team grow over the next couple of years. After the last 6 years of Nolan and Singletary, this is going to be a cool glass of water.

It's a great feeling to have a QB of the future and a coach who can produce one. Just a few short months ago we had Sing SCREAMING at the Smiths on the sidelines.
http://candybarbie.com/2011/05/01/the-day-draft-day-part-3/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Italian and black

Really, I didn't know that. Not a bad combination.
Share 49ersWebzone