There are 259 users in the forums

what if singletary was still our coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we'd be 2-4 and be talking about all the moral victories and how we're a half game out of first in the terrible nfc west.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Mooch was pretty good. I wouldn't put him in the same category as those idiots. He doesn't even belong in the same sentence.

Mariucci was definitely much better than Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary, but the guy has been there too long and had very little success after Young retired, and his defense was never good. It was a shame for the Yorks to fire him after that surprising 2002 season without a credible replacement ready to take over, but at some point, changes were necessary. But that amateurish move was in some way karma because of the way the 49ers treated Seifert - practically forcing him to retire when Mariucci wasn't ready to be head coach.
"We have to look at the film!" - Mike Singletary
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:51 PM ]
the webzone would commit suicide.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Mooch was pretty good. I wouldn't put him in the same category as those idiots. He doesn't even belong in the same sentence.

Mariucci was definitely much better than Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary, but the guy has been there too long and had very little success after Young retired, and his defense was never good. It was a shame for the Yorks to fire him after that surprising 2002 season without a credible replacement ready to take over, but at some point, changes were necessary. But that amateurish move was in some way karma because of the way the 49ers treated Seifert - practically forcing him to retire when Mariucci wasn't ready to be head coach.

I believe Mariucci likes TV better, pays well, way less stress, more time with family, tons of free time in the offseason. Same reason Gruden, Cowher prolly stay on the tube.
we would of gotten blown by the cowboy,bengal, eagles, and lions.
we'd be playing suck for luck
Bad comes with the good. things go in cycles. God probably thought we had it to good and got spoilt and we needed be humbled so that we would be apprciative of what we have now.
one good thing about the Singletary era is it ended quickly. Certainly should have ended after the 0-5 start. We kept Nolan around too long. He should have been canned right after the 2007 season, but he conned the yorks into keeping him around. Nolan starts the 2008 season and it was a disaster.
This would probably be the first season ever where I completely stopped wathing the 49ers. I was pretty fed up with wasting time to watch incompetence with them last year.

ugh...don't bring up that season i still can't believe what happened that year, it was such a wall-street move by the Yorks getting rid of our coach, QB, and best WR (T.O.), and didn't we also trade julian peterson that year? I'm glad they are out of the picture now, greedy f**ks
We be hating him for drafting Gabbert... OR we'd be getting Luck next season.
We would be 1-5. No question. Possibly 0-6 cuz he probably would have put Troy Smith in during the 3rd quarter of the SEA game.

mooch was canned because he was applying for other jobs while still on our team. his defenses game me headaches watching our DBs play 15 yards back it seemed like anyone could throw on us back then.
we would have lost to Dallas, PHI, Bungles and Lions. All by 3 points or less.
Share 49ersWebzone