LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

what if singletary was still our coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We who have a great shot at landing Andrew Luck in 2012. I liked Sing as a LB coach and when he started as head coach. But his act grew old fast in 2011.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
If Sing was still our coach most of you would be killing him for the same moves Harbaugh has made already.

That would make sense, because Harbaugh knows how to coach and Singletary doesn't. In order for Singletary to be successful, he needs to bring in better players and make bigger moves. Not so much with Harbaugh. It just isn't the same.

LOL, Harbaugh can do no wrong. Lets hope this all works out because if it doesn't I'll be upping a whole bunch of posts/threads.

BTW, I love Harbaugh...I just don't think he's the next coming of Lombardi like many 9er fans think.

On paper, 9ers had a very weak draft. We'll see what happens when the players step on the field.

I never said he could do no wrong. I think the draft was weak overall, too. What I said is Harbaugh knows how to coach and Singletary doesn't, so of course Singletary would get flamed for making the same moves. Harbaugh made choices that require good coaching to be successful, we know Singletary is a horrible coach. Put the pieces together and you'll see why Singletary would be getting more heat for making the same choices.
Tolzien would be starting by now
I think we would have drafted how we drafted-cause Baalke would have told him I got you Taylor even though I told you he was a bad pick. From now on leave the personnel decisions to me and you concentrate on learning how to coach!
Im gonna have to say i was ok with the picks that they made under Singletary minus Mays, I would say that it really wouldn't have mattered who we picked because Sing would have screwed our season anyway
The pick would have been whoever was the worst fit, unless Baalke made the pick.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
what if singletary was still our coach?

Originally posted by Otter:

^this

Shaun Hill would be playing and half the zone would be fired up with the 1-5 record.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
singletery who?

Exactly. Singletary is just like a bad nightmare I'm trying to forget.
Oh God! (I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.)

Maybe we should dub this thread AKA Nightmare on Every Street?
Pure speculation of course but I think the Niners would be 1-5. I don't know where the win would have come from (certainly not east coast road games) but somehow they would have pulled one out. The drama swirling around the whole mess would have made the the "handshake" look pretty mild in comparison.
If Singletary was still here, he would be looking at film.
Share 49ersWebzone