Originally posted by socalfan21:
What does a chief strategy officer do?

Strategize. Duh!

lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Getting harder for York haters to hate.

Being baffled why Yu would decide to join us is another feather in York's cap. First out-dueling Ross and standing firm on his offer for the most coveted coach this offseason. Now getting a guy many think "York can't afford". All good stuff.

Are you going to dispute this? It's kinda hard to afford the services of someone who has way more money than you do - unless he has some other vested interest. That's all I'm saying.

______

No, I'm not disputing it. I'm positive Yu's $500m net worth is more than that of the Yorks. Even though the vast majority of Yu's "money" is illiquid.

I'm saying "getting somebody you can't afford" in a role that is needed is a win on all counts for the Yorks. That's all I'm saying. Are you going to dispute this?

Nope.
I should probably mention...

...he used to be my brother's boss at Yahoo!
Originally posted by aman49:

until you provide pics of this, im gonna go ahead and call you a liar
Originally posted by valrod33:

I know you want cock shots and I'm not going to show them
Originally posted by valrod33:

I know you want cock shots and I'm not going to show them

shots came up short

"So what we want is to move toward the win and avoid the lose"

I don't know what Yu do.
He will help locate and approve of financial relationships with sponsors who want to have their names attached to the Niners.

He will help conclude which kinds of technological methods will best work with the Niners stadium and for how to integrate it into the fans experience.

He will help develop any financial strategies to help the Stadium and the team accomplish what needs to happen for the best marketing strategies, like the upcoming superbowl in 15.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

I don't know what Yu do.

it took you 2 years to get it JUST right and click post, huh?

well I guess sometimes its worth the wait.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

I don't know what Yu do.

it took you 2 years to get it JUST right and click post, huh?

well I guess sometimes its worth the wait.

lol
Yu's been York's right hand man with this stadium and I'm not sure it would have got built without him. He's well worth the money. He's one of our top dogs along with Jed and Paraag.

Here's a list of our front office and if you click on each one it tells you what they do.
http://www.49ers.com/team/front-office.html

We got some major players in our front office. Should bode well for our future and the new stadium. Would seem like it would be one of the better front offices out there. Yu, Paraag, Kunal and Doug all could be running top companies.

"Gideon Yu is in his second season as president of the San Francisco 49ers. Yu became a co-owner of the franchise in early 2012.
As team president, Yu is tasked with executing Jed York's vision for the team, leading all business, financial and strategic operations of the franchise. In his time with the 49ers, he has spearheaded the team's efforts in financing Levi's® Stadium, including securing an $850 million stadium construction loan, the largest ever in professional sports, a $200 million financing package from the NFL and the largest long-term stadium financing in NFL history. Yu also directed the 49ers drive to accelerate the opening date of Levi's® Stadium from the 2015 to 2014 season."

Kunal Malik, Chief Technology Officer. My guess is he came with Yu from Facebook.
Malik led the creation of the IT department at Facebook, a department he founded in 2007 and helped enable the growth for one of the world's leading companies.

Doug Garland is in his first year as general manager of stadium experience and technology for the San Francisco 49ers.
Prior to joining the 49ers, Garland held senior executive positions with some of Silicon Valley's leading companies. Served as VP of Product Management at VP and
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone