There are 139 users in the forums

former facebook CFO Gideon Yu hired as chief strategy officer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/former-facebook-cfo-takes-job-with-49ers/

This is the first time that Jed hasn't hired somebody with minimal experience to fill a job they've never held before. Nice, innovative hire. I'm just happy and amazed that Jed didn't promote Paraag to this position instead.
I hope the 49ers become my Cityville friend now. I need some Zoning Permits for expansions!
What does this have to do with anything in terms of football. Not trying to be a jackass just really dont know what chief strategy officer does
Originally posted by AC49er:
What does this have to do with anything in terms of football. Not trying to be a jackass just really dont know what chief strategy officer does

An Asian dude with a name like that? Sounds like he brings win to everything he touches. He's ok with me.
lolwut?
, York’s goal could be to rely on Yu’s expertise to max out the team’s money-making capabilities, so that the Niners could then be one of the organizations that will be able to attract players like his uncle, Eddie DeBartolo, once did — by spending cash by the truckloads.
  • Veteran
This dude has more money than the Yorks. Why would he become an employee, when he could easily buy the team. There is more to this than they let out.
Originally posted by 190836:
This dude has more money than the Yorks. Why would he become an employee, when he could easily buy the team. There is more to this than they let out.

so cohn whats your take on this
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
, York’s goal could be to rely on Yu’s expertise to max out the team’s money-making capabilities, so that the Niners could then be one of the organizations that will be able to attract players like his uncle, Eddie DeBartolo, once did — by spending cash by the truckloads.

i like that

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

Not sure if Gideon has a similar agenda or not, lol.
Originally posted by Shaj:
ok, irrelevent side note: Does it only amuse me that he has a Jewish first name and an Asian last name?

It reminds me of a joke I once heard, I'll give the shortened version. A guy was sitting next to a HOT(!!) woman in a plane. She told him she is a Ph.D. psychologist and is studying sex and the various races. Her well researched and conclusive results were that Jewish people have the biggest penis and American Indians were the best in bed. He then introduced himself to her as "Tonto Horowitz".

you're really a teacher?

They considered Frank but the initial response was not good.
Share 49ersWebzone