There are 153 users in the forums

49ers that you met in public (not at autograph signing, games etc...)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Dwight Clark at a tennis club in Tiburon.

Bill Walsh in the drive way of his house in Atherton.
Met vernon n soapoagga at my hs game a few years ago and my aunt lives next door to jeff ulbrich
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I met David Baas at Chili's in Seaside, California back in 2009. He was picking up To-Go food and I remember thinking "That guy is huge....and he kinda looks like David Baas". We talked about Singletary, Crabtree, and Vernon. Oh ya, he also told me that the best feeling in football was running the football down your opponents throat when they could do nothing to stop it. He was really cool and down to earth.

How about you guys? Dont include meeting players at any kinda of event (golf tournament, autorgraphy signing, training camp, charity event, football games).

I live in Pacific Grove. That is awesome that you met him there. I used to go to church with Bill Walsh. I used to do the peace be with you with. I saw VD at a kanye west concert in SJ. Met Tom Brady at pebble. Seen Jerry rice at pebble as well.

I'm sorry, but somegthing about that sequence of sentences is funny to me...nothing wrong though.
Met Keena Turner in a Safeway in Aptos, talked a short bit and thanked him for his play.

Then I worked a lead position in a security group when we covered a benefit for Steve Young's Forever Young charity. Different kinds of conversations when you work security for athletes. Steve, way nice guy and took the time to talk.

Got Merton to the side and told him how much wee at the Sick loved it at the Niner-Cowboy NFC Champ game when he "Chicken" walked around the endzone after that early int. He laughed his head off in memory. Talked to Brent Jones, and on and on; at least the most famous half of the team in individual conversations.

Man did I get an earful from the head of the detail, who was also my instructor at the time and a grand master.. Haaa, they moved me outside the dining/gathering area.. not much to do outside..

Killer time..

Met Lott's dad outside the Stick after a game once, good man, we reminisced a ton..

Those were, The Good Ol Days, fer sure..!

Gezzz, how could I forget!

In Chicago for the NFC Champ game, we kicked a$$ at..

I stayed and the team hotel downtown, and bumped into Joe, Jerry, and Brent on the escalator with Walsh bringing up the rear. They laughed at me telling them Go Niners.. coz I had my Niner red underwear on on the outside of my jeans and was ahh... a tiny bit inebriated..

Then to top it all of I was drinking with fans in the lobby in the morning of game day with a ton of fans waiting for our bus to take us to Soldier Field, and got in a short conversation with Eddie D; haa, I thanked him sincerely for him not being a tightwad and keeping the team in competition year after year(can you imagine). Told him how much the fans loved him, etc, etc..

His eyes were huge, I was in full fantatisim mode, with my Niner shorts, jacket with autographs from Jerry and Roger on the sleeves, cap, etc and holding the end of a rope with a noose around the neck of a teddy bear. He laughed too, what else could he do?!?!

I missed my bus, had to take a cab and walk through the frozen parking lot of Soldier Field, another story all together..

To top that off, I sat right by the tunnel the visiting team comes out from near the endzone. So I tore back the tarp on the outside of the tunnel and hung down from it and, really, no BS; I high fived almost the entire team on their way out to the field screaming at them to kick some Teddy a$$, they were really loving me and had huge grins, and were telling me thanks..

Why the police didn't grab me I'll never know, I was lucky..

So yes, I've met a few of the team and ownership over the many years of my dedication and love for my team..
NINERS!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM ]
Met VD at a museum in Washington DC and met TKO at the San Jose airport
Met Brian Jennings at a massage parlor

his hands are so soft
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I met David Baas at Chili's in Seaside, California back in 2009. He was picking up To-Go food and I remember thinking "That guy is huge....and he kinda looks like David Baas". We talked about Singletary, Crabtree, and Vernon. Oh ya, he also told me that the best feeling in football was running the football down your opponents throat when they could do nothing to stop it. He was really cool and down to earth.

How about you guys? Dont include meeting players at any kinda of event (golf tournament, autorgraphy signing, training camp, charity event, football games).

I live in Pacific Grove. That is awesome that you met him there. I used to go to church with Bill Walsh. I used to do the peace be with you with. I saw VD at a kanye west concert in SJ. Met Tom Brady at pebble. Seen Jerry rice at pebble as well.

Thats awesome. I live in Monterey. Every time I drive by Bill Walsh's house (big pink house along 17 mile drive right past lovers point), I salute the man.
I met Ronnie Lott at Kiku Sushi in Saratoga

It was like my 10 year old birthday dinner and my dad comes in and said he saw Ronnie Lott sitting in the waiting room. It turns out that it was his birthday as well and he was sharing it with his daughter. I got him to sign a little piece of paper that said

Birthday buddies

May 8th

friends
Taylor mays in Cabo last month. Got a sick picture with him on the beach with 2 big ass cruise ships in the cove in the background.

p.s. talked about the offseason for a minute and he said. Alex smith comming back, manny lawson back, franklin gone, nate stays with the team, no idea on the draft for what ever thats worth to you guys.
Originally posted by fudgepacker:
Taylor mays in Cabo last month. Got a sick picture with him on the beach with 2 big ass cruise ships in the cove in the background.

p.s. talked about the offseason for a minute and he said. Alex smith comming back, manny lawson back, franklin gone, nate stays with the team, no idea on the draft for what ever thats worth to you guys.

Jews don't count as real football players

I went to high school with RJF & saw him again when he got back home.
I met Jerry Rice, Steve Young, and Joe Montana in my dreams...
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Janitor:
IWASATTHECATCH will own this thread.

Don't forget about Frick
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by Janitor:
IWASATTHECATCH will own this thread.

Don't forget about Frick

I dont think stalking the players should count
  • West
  • Veteran
J. Newberry- in my boy garage drinking brew, he wasnt the biggest T.O fan

S. Hill- Safeway

M. Lawson- Walmart

Kieth Lewis- CJ'S Sports Bar

J. Garcia- at the movie theater ( his girl is BAD)

A. Carter- at Best Buy

Tully- see dude all the time, last time was at a BBQ ( grew up with dude)

K. Barlow- club Mission Ale House ( $2 dollar tuesday night, lol)

A. Smith- club SJ Bar & Grill around the time he was drafted.

J. Ulbrich- Valley Fair Mall
Share 49ersWebzone