LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Love this pick!!!

GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I don't like the pick. I prefer to resign Alex Smith and start him. The spelling of his last name is much easier to remember than Kaepernick.

lol j/k

Good pick.

we are resigning alex this guy is a project
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Project

How many 2nd round QB's are not "projects". If they were projected not to be projects, then they would be 1st round picks.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.

who the f**k is matt williamson?

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

He is an accurate passer with very good arm strength. The only guy with a higher ceiling than Kaepernick at QB was Cam Newton, but Newton also has more bust potential. I am very happy with this pick and giving up a 4th and 5th isn't too much to pay for a potential franchise QB. If he wasn't a QB, I might question the trade-up, but this was obviously a huge need and, like I said, I'm almost positive Arizona was going to take him with the next pick.

Well, I hope you're right about that, but the ESPN breakdown is not as glowing. Strong leadership, strong arm, yes. But his accuracy is ranked average and he is ranked below average in intelligence/decision making, citing that he comes from the Pistol offense in the WAC that has very simplistic reads.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/26167/colin-kaepernick

People care what ESPN says?
  • City
  • Veteran
We need CB's now!!! Let's go get them,We are having a good draft-GO NINERS
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I like him but it pisses me off that we spent that much to trade up for him and he's not even going to help us this year.

A fourth and a fifth? Really? U mad about that?

Yes because it was only to move up 9 spots.

Chill out. At least they didn't ask us for our 3rd.
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

He is an accurate passer with very good arm strength. The only guy with a higher ceiling than Kaepernick at QB was Cam Newton, but Newton also has more bust potential. I am very happy with this pick and giving up a 4th and 5th isn't too much to pay for a potential franchise QB. If he wasn't a QB, I might question the trade-up, but this was obviously a huge need and, like I said, I'm almost positive Arizona was going to take him with the next pick.

Well, I hope you're right about that, but the ESPN breakdown is not as glowing. Strong leadership, strong arm, yes. But his accuracy is ranked average and he is ranked below average in intelligence/decision making, citing that he comes from the Pistol offense in the WAC that has very simplistic reads.

walter football said teh same thing
Originally posted by Jcool:
http://twitter.com/#!/Kaepernick10

Gained around 500 followers since he was drafted.

look at the fools asking for retweets.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Who?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yea he sucks... Look at the QB rating on the page posted.

[ Edited by b9er37 on Apr 29, 2011 at 16:15:25 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:

What does that mean? What are they asking for?
Originally posted by City:
We need CB's now!!! Let's go get them,We are having a good draft-GO NINERS

Two freakishly athletic raw prospects with huge upside. Although risky picks, huge boom/bust potential. Excited to see both of these prospects develop over the next few years.
  • bfree
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I like him but it pisses me off that we spent that much to trade up for him and he's not even going to help us this year.

A fourth and a fifth? Really? U mad about that?

Yes because it was only to move up 9 spots.

4 + 5 = 9 it is simple math.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

What does that mean? What are they asking for?

basically it gets their screen name passed out to all his followers.
Share 49ersWebzone