There are 173 users in the forums

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
typical Cohn throwing a b***h fit. It's week 1 of the preseason
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Check it out, Cohn is on it again:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110813/NEWS/110819757/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

seriously dude, whats your relation to Cohn?
i wasnt sure which cohn wrote the article, so i clik'd the link, but once i saw it was a lowell-blow, i aborted. i will say, i like the image of JH and payton. Payton is looking down at the ground like a little biznitch avoiding eye contact. A picture says a million words. Payton is a...u guys can fill in the blank.
Ironic, cause I think the blitzing might have been started by our defense. Sean Peyton, did the same and then some. But to say that Harbaugh was ready to kickass in the NFL in a preseason game and got owned, makes for interesting read and spin, but not accurate at all.
I won't even bother reading his article. I stopped with his crap some time ago now. How about I just say this. New staff, new offense, only 12 days of practice and instillation (7 for Alex), no game planning, Snyder starting at C for first time....etc, etc...

we all should have known it was goin to be ugly but instead everyone wants to freak the F out. I knew I should avoid the zone forum for the WHOLE preseason.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110813/NEWS/110819757/1057/SPORTS0908?p=all&tc=pgall

Nothing, but he is always dead on on his articles. Most of you guys are the same people who were jumping all over Cohn any time he was critical of Nolan or Sing. Now who should be serious here.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I dont always say this but this time I kind of agree with him.

Yeah, I usually hate Lowell's articles. I am ok with collumnists being critical, but he and Ratto are just too doomsday for my tastethis one for this game was actually pretty fair, and pretty mild by Cohn's standards. Props to Lowell for being fair for once.
Originally posted by Huego:
it was a very singletary-like move for harbaugh to start a qb controversy with those comments

If you really look at what he said he said they would compete, which implies a competition, and why shouldn't they compete. Any controversy is just in the minds of the fans and the media as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing, but he is always dead on on his articles. Most of you guys are the same people who were jumping all over Cohn any time he was critical of Nolan or Sing. Now who should be serious here.

ah, so you want a pat on the back.
Originally posted by brucesf49:
I won't even bother reading his article. I stopped with his crap some time ago now. How about I just say this. New staff, new offense, only 12 days of practice and instillation (7 for Alex), no game planning, Snyder starting at C for first time....etc, etc...

we all should have known it was goin to be ugly but instead everyone wants to freak the F out. I knew I should avoid the zone forum for the WHOLE preseason.

Yup.

Yeah, he was all over Harbaugh's nuts during the lockout, and now he contrasts him unfavorably with Walsh after one preeason game, even though the Niners sucked for two years under Walsh. He shows no accountability, maturity, or respect for history, and he does it all in a condescending, superior tone. He is a self-important joke. I am glad enough of you guys read the article to give us a summary, because I won't give this guy as much as one click ever again. You must be a friend or relative, because your links and posts are probably single-handedly keeping this bum employed.
So, Harbaugh has said all along that he would not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it. Now he says that he will not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it...but this is news? Now there is a controversy?

Sadly conceived article as he accused Harbaugh of thinking he could just show up and win in the NFL. I have seen nothing that indicates Harbaugh is delusional. Team played poorly on offense after twelve days of practice. CK played the first week of practice as the #1 QB and Smith had a week. CK played like a rookie and Smith played like Brees, poorly...what do we take from that? Nothing.

The comparison with Walsh was odd. Walsh used the preseason to perfect timing and basic play. He never tipped his hand even when other coaches tried to show him up in preseason. So Harbaugh seems to be doing exactly the same.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So, Harbaugh has said all along that he would not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it. Now he says that he will not hand any job to a player, they had to earn it...but this is news? Now there is a controversy?

Sadly conceived article as he accused Harbaugh of thinking he could just show up and win in the NFL. I have seen nothing that indicates Harbaugh is delusional. Team played poorly on offense after twelve days of practice. CK played the first week of practice as the #1 QB and Smith had a week. CK played like a rookie and Smith played like Brees, poorly...what do we take from that? Nothing.

The comparison with Walsh was odd. Walsh used the preseason to perfect timing and basic play. He never tipped his hand even when other coaches tried to show him up in preseason. So Harbaugh seems to be doing exactly the same.

Nicely worded, sir. Well-played
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I won't read Cohn's work, dude is a tool.
Originally posted by Chief:
I won't read Cohn's work, dude is a tool.

Yup, even the people who read him to mock him or leave hateful comments still give him clicks, which makes his idiot editors think he is doing a good jod. If we all just ignored him for a month or so, he'd just go away. It worked on Padecky.
Share 49ersWebzone