There are 191 users in the forums

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
This was my response...

The great Bill Walsh was a combined 8-24 during his first 2 years with the 49ers. It wasn't until the end of his second year and into his third that things really began to click. As much as you want to be Debbie Downer, the real fans know that we have to give Harbaugh time to build this team his way. As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

that is an excuse for poor performance, because every BAD coach will also start the same way. It's back to the "Einstein got F's in science. My son get's F's in science. Therefore, my son may be the next Einstein" logic again.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by PTulini:
This was my response...

The great Bill Walsh was a combined 8-24 during his first 2 years with the 49ers. It wasn't until the end of his second year and into his third that things really began to click. As much as you want to be Debbie Downer, the real fans know that we have to give Harbaugh time to build this team his way. As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

that is an excuse for poor performance, because every BAD coach will also start the same way. It's back to the "Einstein got F's in science. My son get's F's in science. Therefore, my son may be the next Einstein" logic again.

you are right. getting smashed in a preseason game is irrefutable proof that Harbaugh is a bad coach and we are a bad team. fire them all now, blow it up!
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

I love Lowell and his ability to rile up the 49erwebzone masses.

Yah he's good

I want him to sign up so I can ban his ass for inciting!

lol I think he's already here
  • Tman
  • Veteran
L. Cohn is a f**kin douche of a writer who rarely has a positive thing to say about the niners, this hack just wants to stir the pot and over dramatize something thats not that big of a deal

we got beat handedly in the preseason by a team that is 2 years removed from winning the super bowl and has almost complete continuity, holy crap
Anybody that agrees with Cohn is just as bad an alarmist and extremist as this old washed up writer! Please people it's just the first preseason game after a six month lockout with a rookie NFL coach. I'm sure Harbaugh will be just fine. Everybody smoke a bowl and just relax!
[ Edited by Ramp19smoker on Aug 14, 2011 at 11:54 AM ]
  • Veteran
[ Edited by 190836 on Aug 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 190836:

Profile pic?
Singletary would have ripped Lowell limb from limb if he came at him with this type of article.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Singletary would have ripped Lowell limb from limb if he came at him with this type of article.

You don't know that!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Did you watch the game? He got hit 1/2 second after he snapped the ball on every play. It's pretty hard to judge the QB in that situation. This was on lack of preparation and lack of an O Line.
I agree, they did not seem prepared for the Saints defense..... Preseason or not, blitzing is part of the game, so they should have been more prepared than what we saw....... The line has to give who ever is behind center, time to step back and throw. Alex rarely got that chance against the Saints defense. The passes he did get off were rushed an wobbly..... Its a wonder Smith wasn't injured and put out for the season.

Kaepernick used mobility to create the time the line didn't provide. On that note Kaep had more success than Alex. That's the difference I saw in the two QB's.........

Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Did you watch the game? He got hit 1/2 second after he snapped the ball on every play. It's pretty hard to judge the QB in that situation. This was on lack of preparation and lack of an O Line.
I agree, they did not seem prepared for the Saints defense..... Preseason or not, blitzing is part of the game, so they should have been more prepared than what we saw....... The line has to give who ever is behind center, time to step back and throw. Alex rarely got that chance against the Saints defense. The passes he did get off were rushed an wobbly..... Its a wonder Smith wasn't injured and put out for the season.

Kaepernick used mobility to create the time the line didn't provide. On that note Kaep had more success than Alex. That's the difference I saw in the two QB's.........

Prepared? They just started learning the offense. Remember, no off season? Geez. Granted, more individual battles could have been won, but in no way did I expect them to be prepared for blitzes yet.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Prepared? They just started learning the offense. Remember, no off season? Geez. Granted, more individual battles could have been won, but in no way did I expect them to be prepared for blitzes yet.

So you weren't surprised by 6 sacks in the first half? Once it started the Oline got worst as the game went on. Its part of the game, so how is an NFL team with 3 #1's, a #2 and a Probowl center not prepared to get blitzed?

You don't know that!

I don't know why but this made me lol.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

You don't know that!

I don't know why but this made me lol.</img>

self-deprecating humor
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Who here has played offense at at least a high school level? I played on teams in H.S. that ran the same system throughout the program for years. We were taught the same offensive system from freshman year forward so by the time we were Juniors we had it down pat. We did spring football, we did passing camps and we got together on our own to put in more reps. And even with that, once August hit it took us at least two weeks of two a days to get our s**t together enough to function in a game situation.

I know we're talking about the best football players in the world when it comes to the NFL, and it might seem silly to compare this to High School in any way, but I can only imagine what it's like trying to cram learning an entirely new NFL caliber system into 12 practices and expect to compete at a high level.

I had high expectations, but looking back that was wishful thinking and pretty naive.
Share 49ersWebzone